August 22, 2014 | 1708 users online

Pressed Powders - Chanel - Poudre Douce 30 Rosee

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2008 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Tamiria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Holy sparkles! After reading the reviews here, I thought this Chanel Rosee powder would be a HG. (Side note: I LOVE buying things directly from Chanel, because they package things in these terrific Chanel boxes.) I was eager to open my box when it arrived and was instantly in love with the substantial, boxy compact in a velvet case, with the accompanying brush in its own velvet case.

I swept the color over my bare skin and felt a tinge of disappointment. It didn't feel exceptionally silky. I looked in my magnifying mirror and noticed SPARKLES! On the small side, but there are lots of them! When I looked in my regular mirror, they were not as noticable, but I had to know: Did this show as sparkly in the sunlight? I took my compact outside and found out the sparkles definitely showed in the light. This is not a subtle look at all, for day time that is.

At this point, I think I'm going to keep the powder. It's defintely a splurge, especially since I don't use powder every day. I love the compact though and think the powder would actually work for an after-work face freshner if I'm going out.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2008 12:13:00 AM More reviews by whirled

Am I the only one here who does not like this color on my skin? I use 20 (Clair) Teint Innocence. At the counter, when the Chanel SA dust this over my face, it looks great! But when I use it at home, what I get is too much pink and a little too shiny result on my face, even though I use just a very little amount of this item. The color looks great in the case, but that's all there is to me. Love the slight scent and you can never go wrong with Chanel's classic black packaging. The brush is a little too stiff for my liking but thats just a minor issue. Will not purchase this again though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2008 6:55:00 AM More reviews by alisonmidd

I was looking for a great pressed powder, really wnated a translucent one but after reading the reviews of this on here I decided to give it a try. I am glad I did as it does exactly what others have said, it makes your skin just glow! something a translucent powder doesn't achieve. It's a beautiful pale pink shade which never looks pink when on your skin, in fact it looks like your not wearing makeup but gives this amazing glow like your skin is perfect naturally! The consistency is great, the texture is so fine it just sinks into your skin and does it's magic, there is a very slight rose scent which is very pretty and doesn't bother me at all. Chanel makeup prducts are by far my favourites as they are always a pleasure to use, have amazing textures, great staying power, a gorgeous range of shades and stunning/elegant packaging. Just wish the brush was in the compact but not that bothered really, small gripe totally outweighed by the product itself and the way it makes my skin look.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Jujubegirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Expensive, but beautiful. I would never have thought to try it if not for pics another MUAer put up of her before and after. What a difference it made on her PPP skin. I thought hey, I'm a PPP, and that's just want I need. So off I went to Macy's and bought it, chop chop, just like that. And I have been thrilled ever since. This is finely milled and very very slightly pink. When I look really close in the magifying mirror, I can see tiny sparkles. But without the mirror I can't. It evens out my skin tone, brightens me up, and gives me an ethereal look. Looooving it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2008 2:00:00 PM More reviews by luisatolentino

I love this powder, I'm Chanel TI shell 1.5, MAC NC25-30 and I use it as a highlighter and as a finishing/setting powder; it makes my skin glow. Will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2008 7:42:00 AM More reviews by machrina

well I have to say that at first I thought that this would be too white for my skin but I was surprised. although its a pressed powder the result its even better than a loose one. it gives a radiant, luminous result without adding any color.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2008 9:32:00 PM More reviews by natashik1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

After reading great reviews here, I gave it a try and even for my fair skin this was way too weird colour. It is extremely sheer but yet whitening, and has quite a lot of shimmer. I don;t know why would someone use it as a powder as opposed to highlighter. I like this in Memosa much more, as it acts like setting powder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2008 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Very, very good pressed powder! I do have dry, sensitive skin and this powder gives me a flawless, glowy yet natural complexion. I'm a NW10/15 and the pale neutral pink colour goes on translucent but really brightens up my complexion without looking cakey or matte. It doesn't settle into my fine lines and doesn't feel drying like many other pressed powders. At first I was a bit reluctant to buy this powder because of the fragrance in it, but the fragrance doesn't bother me at all; I hardly notice any fragrance and it doesn't upset my very sensitive skin. The powder is very finely milled and comes in a nice mirrored compact. Only cons: the separated brush. Instead I use a regular powder brush (Lancome) to apply this powder. Very pricey product, but highly recommended! *Pic in My Profile* Ingredients: talc, nylon-12, magnesium carbonate, hydrogenated coco-glycerides, stearyl/ppg-3 myristyl ether dimer dilinoleate, magnesium stearate, zinc oxide, aluminium hydroxide, parfum, caprylyl glycol, dipropylene glycol, glyceryl caprylate, lecithin, tocopherol (vit. E), ascorbyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, glyceryl oleate, citric acid. May contain: CI 15850 (red 7 lake), CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499 (iron oxides), CI 77510 (ferrocyanide), CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), mica.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2008 7:19:00 PM More reviews by britserz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

i love this! when i saw this in the store the color looked completely white so i was a little skeptical but bought it anyway but once i gout outside in normal lighting i looked at it and it looked pretty pink but i tried it anyway, it doesnt make your skin look pink at sll! it gives it a nice glow and looks very natural! I LOVED THIS

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2008 8:53:00 AM More reviews by thaijasmine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

AMAZING!! It makes me feel and look amazing + the scent of it is wonderful.

This is a good finishing powder.It is something mix between a pressed powder and a highlighter.This powder does give a nice glow and evens out my tone.It is my secret tool to a perfect glowing complexion!!