Kosmea Rosehip Oil

4.6

this is my HG serum/plumping oil face treatment. its the one thing ive bought over and over again. I smooth 3-4 drops on my face at night, wait ten minutes, and then put on moisturiser. You wake up to glowing soft skin! And apparently it has anti-ageing props so hopefully my using this faithfully will be beneficial in ten years time. sometimes I add just one drop to my moisturiser in the morning. TIP to aussies; mr. vitamins sells the 20ml bottle for $15!

on 3/2/2012 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i LOVE this product.
i purchased it to help ease my acne scars & dryness.
after using it ONCE my skin felt amazing.

having used it for 2 weeks now i have seen & felt phenomenal changes! this is a product i swear by :)

it does have a strong scent, but i quite like the smell. its not off putting!

i paid $25 for this product which was great in comparison to some others ($40 -$50)

on 2/16/2012 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Edit2: this is the best thing i have bought, skincare-wise, this yr.
My routine is remove m/u, cleanse, exfoliate (dermalogica microfoliant-HG), rosehip oil on damp skin. Wait a couple of min for it to sink in (can lightly do a facial massage with clean hands during this time).
Then i either use plain Nivea on top, or Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex. That's it.

My skin is (don't wanna jinx this) PERFECT right now, no breakouts, no scars, no flakies. Thank God- I used to suffer from all 3 before.

Oh sometimes I also do a honey/sandalwood mask. I used to do this before, but since I added the rosehip oil, my skin is lovely. I think it made the greatest difference. Putting this long-winded routine here in case it might help anybody else.
Edit: how long has it been? Over a month- i no longer need to use foundation as, aside from dark circles, easily remedied with concealer there isn't much to cover up. My skin mainly looked bleh from foundation usage, i think, as it caused a cycle of pimple/scarring/cover it up- leading to more blemishes, etc. This product has really helped fix my skin. I still need to find a good whitening/brightening serum for some faint leftover hyperpigmentation. This also healed various oven/cooking-related scars very quickly. It will always be a staple.
Probably too early to give a solid review (been using this as facial serum on damp skin) but something MIRACULOUS happened- been usin it for 10 days twice a day on BURNS on my hand (from the oven- was convinced they'd never fade)-- GUESS WHAT?!?!?!? They are nearly invisible n totally healed/smoothed over now!!! They were so bad before - ppl would be like oh no what happened to ur hands? When they saw em. It was pretty embarrassing to admit that they were a result of trying to take something out of oven w/out mitts on (moment of idiocy!). But seriously, it's almost totally gone now!!!! HG. Oh it has also nearly removed several acne scars on my face--not lying nor exaggerating. Am very happy. I got it cuz a beauty editor whose writing i love advised it mamy times in her blogs, articles, and even her 2 beauty-based books--and i swear it works!!! Rec this to everyone with kitchen or old acne related scars!!!!!!!!

on 2/11/2012 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am currently on Accutane for acne and a side effect is dry skin which would look flaky under makeup. After using this product in addition to exfoliation, the dry skin has drastically improved!
Also, this product does not create any acne for me at all.
My skin tone is the most even it has ever been because of this product. I actually feel good without makeup on.
Also, it is rich in vitamin C which is one of the only clinically proven ingredients to reduce wrinkles.
Also, I read in an anti-aging book that lineolic acid, which is in this product, mimics the skin barrier of our skin which causes the vitamins to be easily absorbed.

on 12/2/2010 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this about 4 days ago and been using it before sleep and in the morning. I apply after shower or face wash when my face is still damp and find the oil absorbs quite well & I didn't need to apply night cream afterward.

There seems to be some improvement to my skin tone. I have some patches of darker skin on my face that I'm hoping to eventually fade out a bit.

Anyway I felt like writing the review because a few of you complaint about the smell. Now the one I have didn't have a strong scent. The tester at the shop however did smell quite rancid so I'm guessing perhaps it has gone off.

on 11/12/2010 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first review at MUA. I felt compelled to contribute when I came across a good product since all the reviews here from you beautiful people have helped me so much.
I have been using Rose Hip Oil for a while. Earlier I used Aubrey Organics Rose Mesquite Oil (found at whole foods), which comes in a transparent glass bottle with a roll on ball at the opening. I had read the powers of rose hip oil with blemishes and needed to try it myself. Well, this oil worked but still it didnít address my problem well enough. I have post acne blemishes on my skin and needed something that could help me lighten it. I read somewhere about Kosmea Rose Hip Oil and how it was of superior quality that other Rose Hip Oils out there. Being an organic product fan, I had to try this. I ordered mine from Amazon through Basha Naturals. The shipment came pretty quick and they also send me a sample of cleanser and face scrub of the same line. I have been using it morning and night for about a week now. I use anywhere from 2 to 4 drop and massage it into my skin. The bottle has a dropper so itís very convenient to use. The oil is absorbed quickly into my skin and it does not make my skin oily at all (and I have oil, acne prone skin). I can see visible difference in my blemishes. I had a dark red area on my skin and it has started to calm down and the redness is reducing. I really like this so far and will continue to use it. It still has to make any visible difference in fine lines, but I think it too early for me to expect it to show any visible improvements there. But I am hopeful that in few weeks with regular use it will.
Hope this review helps someone.

on 10/19/2010 8:10:00 PM

I've been using this oil for about a month now and I can honestly say it hasnt done wonders for my skin, the smell is horrible (smells fishy to me) However it does moisturize better than any other oil so i wouldnt wear this during the day. I did wear this once during the day, I thought the smell would disapate. however with the wind blowing I could smell this on my face it was horrible! I was paranoid people around me would know that god awful smell was coming from me, and they probably did. So that said I will keep this to a night time routine underneath a moisturizer. I probably with repurchase for the great moisturiing and anti aging properties.

on 7/21/2010 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Quite simply, if I could use one word for this oil- I would say: HEALING.

For everything. Fantastic for healing scars and for softening fine lines. Be careful not to apply it too close to the eye or it will get in there once the skin warms it up-uncomfortable! :)

Better than any eye cream, gel etc that I have tried.
Can use it on my oily skin without it breaking me out. Makes the skin supple and soft.

On saying that I would never use it during the day under my makeup, it would make me too shiny. Fantastic to put on before bed.

on 2/2/2010 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

***UPDATE: I had to discontine using the whole Kosmea line due to my SD prone skin. I still like the line but need to move on to something that suits me better.

Highly recommended!

I have never used Rose Hip Oil before but I am now hooked. It has totally transformed my skin. I have always had oily skin but now, as I am getting older, it's starting to dry in places and stay oily in others. I also have sensitive skin and an allergy to parabens. I was lucky enough to find this in my local natural food store.

At first I found it a tiny bit heavier than other oils I have tried (Argan & Jojoba) but in time, that has gone away. This oil is hydrating, balancing, healing and gentle. The smell isn't overpowering at all. This has truly helped balance my skin out between the dry areas and oily areas. I have had no bad reactions from it or break outs. Actually, I haven't had a spot since I tried it and that is saying something.

I am so hooked on this!

on 1/27/2010 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

I've been using this product on and off for about 2 years. I tried a lot of rosehip oil from this, alchemist and renew (all purchased in Australia), but I think this is by far the best. It was my mom who tried it first after a doctor recommended it to her, and I stole a drop or two, and I loved it! But since I'm a skin product junkie, I keep switching which makes my face even worse..I have a very complicated skin to explain, I have lots of red marks from all the acne i had over the years and they're still there :(, and my face was at its worst time when in Australia, I've got whiteheads and blackheads all over my face even along my jawline, I tried all kinds of product to cure it but none worked. But this oil really helps, even when I got a cystic acne on my forehead (yes, forehead) and chin, this seems to calm the red down, and now my face has become stabler, and I use this or Aesop anti-oxidant serum before I went to bed. I tried to switch these two because sometimes if I put on the oil to frequent (day and night everyday) I got clogged pores (my skin is purging??) or I wear it only once in 2 or 3 days.. It expires in like 6-8 months, but I kept it refrigerated after each use. I love love love this! It's all natural, won't hurt you to try..

Popular Treatments (Face)

Retin A
Lemon Juice
Nerium AD

Top Rated Treatments (Face)