Kosmea Rosehip Oil

4.6

on 11/12/2013 11:17:00 PM

I'm not gonna lie, I am addicted to this stuff and without it I would simply give up on my skin, buy an unlimited supply of ice cream, approximately 47 cats and lock myself in the lounge room for the rest of my life.

Kosmea started me off on a journey of natural skincare almost ten years ago now. I can say with only the smallest amount of exaggeration that I have tried every plant oil with therapeutic benefits to the skin. Some come close, none surpass! Throughout all my experiments and research I have never stopped using this very oil as it is simply, the best of the best. And, porque no los dos, right?

Kosmea's Rosehip Oil is supercritically extracted (a natural process, not as scary as the name sounds and no chemicals involved!), which is the most effective way to retain the nutrients within an oil; much better than cold pressing but a little more expensive. It is sustainably sourced and organic. So it is an oil with many virtues. Add to that the lipids, Vitamins, Antioxidants et. al, and you have yourself an oil so much more wholesome than you can ever hope to be.

This oil needen't just be used as a primer or for occasional use, it can be your front-line treatment, and can be mixed with other powerful oils and essential oils to suit your skin ailments (for example, those with acne or oily skin may want to speed up the healing process by adding a drop of frankincense oil with their kosmea, and those after an anti-ageing powerhouse can try Kosmea's Radiance Youth Boost blend, an AMAZING product not listed here)

Am I gushing about an oil a little bit too much? Perhaps. So here is a "shopping list" of the effects I experienced with this oil, and it's all for you grinches who haven't yet been convinced to just go out or get onto the kosmea website and try this oil for yourself.

-soothes irritation
-plumps skin
-evens out skin tone
-pimples/acne GONE (I do use other essential oils with my kosmea to prevent the occasional blemish, but initially straight rosehip did SO much to clear my skin up)
-scars fade (no joke, after a couple of years I've had scars ELIMINATED entirely, not just faded)
-deep wrinkles on my forehead are now like very fine lines and only come to haunt me when I'm tired
-crows feet walked right of my face and onto some other poor fool's
-skin is softer and feels nourished
-I am chemical free and proud of it

So,

just. try. it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best rosehip oil, and it's certified organic rosehip oil, which means at least 90% organic, I tried troily , and I have to say it is not as good as kosmea, kosmea is mech Bette than it and even cheaper, I got 3 20mls in pharmacy, and 13.44$ for each , in so happy with it

on 5/19/2013 11:59:00 PM

I don't know rose hip oil until my friend introduce it to me, can't imagine how magic it is before using...!
After using a few weeks, I do think that it improves my skin condition a lot, it is especially good for scar healing
Since it absorbs very quick, there is no shinny and oily feeling left on my skin which I really appreciate

Definitely worth trying!! :)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I've been using this since i was 19, so 9 years!
It's helped soften lines I had between my eyebrows. I really notice the difference when it runs out and I skip using it for a few days.
Has tried other brands like trilogy but they don't work as well as Kosmea.
Will always use this <3

on 3/24/2013 8:40:00 AM

This is one of the staple products of my skin care regime.
One bottle lasts me months as I apply it when my skin is still moist and spread it all over my face, around my eyes and down my neck.
I'm not a fan of the 'fishy' smell but it's a small price to pay for it's wonderful benefits.
My skin goes through phases of being perfect, to really dry, to really oily etc and this is one product that keeps on being beneficial and effective regardless of my skin type at that point in time.
I don't know how but when my skin is oily this makes it less oily. When my skin is dry this saves it. It's unexplainable!
Every time my bottle gets empty I try something else, but I always come back to rosehip oil! Kosmea was the first brand I tried and why fix something that's not broken? I always buy the Kosmea brand.
I took off one lippy because of the price. It's not the cheapest brand of rose hip oil available, but it is effective.
I also use this on sores and scabs, insect bites, burns etc as it's very gentle. In a pinch I also use it as a lip balm, but the smell can be a bit overpowering.
Definitely worth trying :)

on 12/30/2012 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Excellent !!

I have never used rose hip oil before, soI don't know whether it is the oil itself or the make, BUT it is fantastic. I have dry skin but becomes shiny and oily if not moisturised properly. When used in the morning, this product evens my skin tone and makes it actually less oily throughout the day. I use a moisturiser over it as well.

In the evening I use it under a light moisturiser and wake up to a relaxed and soothed skin.

I think the oil while moisturising actually help the oily become less oily ..

this is my HG serum/plumping oil face treatment. its the one thing ive bought over and over again. I smooth 3-4 drops on my face at night, wait ten minutes, and then put on moisturiser. You wake up to glowing soft skin! And apparently it has anti-ageing props so hopefully my using this faithfully will be beneficial in ten years time. sometimes I add just one drop to my moisturiser in the morning. TIP to aussies; mr. vitamins sells the 20ml bottle for $15!

on 3/2/2012 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i LOVE this product.
i purchased it to help ease my acne scars & dryness.
after using it ONCE my skin felt amazing.

having used it for 2 weeks now i have seen & felt phenomenal changes! this is a product i swear by :)

it does have a strong scent, but i quite like the smell. its not off putting!

i paid $25 for this product which was great in comparison to some others ($40 -$50)

on 2/16/2012 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Edit april 2015- resumed this after bad acne breakout from hormone issues...it soothed an outbreak of pinples overnight n brought down the inflammation till they are almost gone--smoothed over pitted skin
---
Edit2: this is the best thing i have bought, skincare-wise, this yr.
My routine is remove m/u, cleanse, exfoliate (dermalogica microfoliant-HG), rosehip oil on damp skin. Wait a couple of min for it to sink in (can lightly do a facial massage with clean hands during this time).
Then i either use plain Nivea on top, or Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex. That's it.

My skin is (don't wanna jinx this) PERFECT right now, no breakouts, no scars, no flakies. Thank God- I used to suffer from all 3 before.

Oh sometimes I also do a honey/sandalwood mask. I used to do this before, but since I added the rosehip oil, my skin is lovely. I think it made the greatest difference. Putting this long-winded routine here in case it might help anybody else.
Edit: how long has it been? Over a month- i no longer need to use foundation as, aside from dark circles, easily remedied with concealer there isn't much to cover up. My skin mainly looked bleh from foundation usage, i think, as it caused a cycle of pimple/scarring/cover it up- leading to more blemishes, etc. This product has really helped fix my skin. I still need to find a good whitening/brightening serum for some faint leftover hyperpigmentation. This also healed various oven/cooking-related scars very quickly. It will always be a staple.
Probably too early to give a solid review (been using this as facial serum on damp skin) but something MIRACULOUS happened- been usin it for 10 days twice a day on BURNS on my hand (from the oven- was convinced they'd never fade)-- GUESS WHAT?!?!?!? They are nearly invisible n totally healed/smoothed over now!!! They were so bad before - ppl would be like oh no what happened to ur hands? When they saw em. It was pretty embarrassing to admit that they were a result of trying to take something out of oven w/out mitts on (moment of idiocy!). But seriously, it's almost totally gone now!!!! HG. Oh it has also nearly removed several acne scars on my face--not lying nor exaggerating. Am very happy. I got it cuz a beauty editor whose writing i love advised it mamy times in her blogs, articles, and even her 2 beauty-based books--and i swear it works!!! Rec this to everyone with kitchen or old acne related scars!!!!!!!!

on 2/11/2012 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am currently on Accutane for acne and a side effect is dry skin which would look flaky under makeup. After using this product in addition to exfoliation, the dry skin has drastically improved!
Also, this product does not create any acne for me at all.
My skin tone is the most even it has ever been because of this product. I actually feel good without makeup on.
Also, it is rich in vitamin C which is one of the only clinically proven ingredients to reduce wrinkles.
Also, I read in an anti-aging book that lineolic acid, which is in this product, mimics the skin barrier of our skin which causes the vitamins to be easily absorbed.

Popular Treatments (Face)