April 23, 2014 | 1404 users online

Highlighters - E.L.F. - All Over Color Stick

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE ALL ELF PRODUCTS! im probably one of ELFS biggest fans/consumer (if you cant tell, check out my makeup or even my reviews, i own alot of Elf- not trying to brag but just giving credit where its due)
Ok onto the Color Sticks (& they do make All over COVER sticks which are concealers & theyre freakin fantastic too!!)
I have almost all of the Color Sticks- Pink Lemonade, Toasted, Golden Peach, Perssimon, Spotlight, Camilla... and im not sure what ones im missing but I love em all... the only one im not too sure of is Spotlight- im not sure if i got a defective one, which does happen every once in awhile w/ elfs makeup prob due to mass production/lack of quality check- but Its not as creamy or smooth as all the others i have!
my favorites are def
Pink Lemonade- a dark fushcia pink w/ a slight shimmer (great for using as a cream blush)
Toasted- a gorgeous dark brown w/ a slight taupey undertone, its gorgeous for using as a cream shadow/cream base (i use it all the time, LOVE IT!)
Golden Peach- peachy orangey golden with slight shimmer- looks alot like Mac Rubeneque PaintPot (makes a wonderful cream shadow/cream base)

Those three are my Top 3 for sure since i use them ALOT i mean i use one of the 3 almost every day..
These Color sticks are about the size of my pinky finger and to get the product you twist up slightly.. i rarely have to twist since so little of the product is needed! i know it may seem like its not big or its not alot of product but trust me, you do! ive had all of these for quite some time. so i use Pink Lemonade almost daily for almost 2 yrs maybe or less but ive not even made it thru a 1/3 of the way so i know that the $1 is BY FAR DEF WORTH IT!!! and more! These are so great for how cheap they are but dont let that price fool ya!
i will continue to buy these forever & ever! my fav way to use these esp the other shades (pink lemonade is def a pink so i use it as blush) i use them as cream shadows or cream bases & cream highlighters... the lighter more opulescent sticks make wonderful cream highlighters... they give the most beautiful sheen it highlights the areas you apply it to. they are not greasy or waxy...they are more of a thicker cream but they are very easily blended out.. they dont stick..i like putting them on top of my liquid foundation.. or even underneath to sheer them down even more..they go on so well.. i like applyin them w/ my fingers bc it warms up the product & helps w/ blending.. i dont know how it hold up if u put them on top of a powder since i dont try that?! they are a great consistency..
and as cream shadows/// most important step to take is to take ur finger (it helps warm up the stick & that ensure that theyre blended out easy) so how i use them as cream shadows- i first apply Elfs Eyelid Primer or the Mineral Shadow Primers then you'd take ur finger & swipe or rub lightly over the stick & to apply a very thin i mean thin layer onto ur lids.. i blend the out the lines with my pinky finger or my brush.. i make sure theres color there but a thin even layer- this will help ur shadows to have something to stick to or set them.. just like id put a powder blush on top of my Pink Lemonade Blush stick- this will help with pigmentation & longevity!! my blush stays all d id nver use, now look great as well as save me $ in the end on buying HE makeup thinking more affordable options arent that great when all actuality theyre wonderful!
sorry for the long review but i wanted to be thorough & give these hidden gems the love they deserve! i love em & always will.. they have become a staple in my daily maekup routine.. i dont think id wanna try to make it without them.. so at least give em a try.. if you got a rather harder one.. meaning it dont come off to well onto ur finger or dont blend good...(it happened to my one Spotlight stick) try another shade bc i figured out it was a botched stick no biggie... i got 5 more amazing sticks and im so glad!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by aei595

I'm a big fan of the E.L.F. products because they're really cheap, and I love playing around with makeup. So I was at target one day and bought two different colors, pink lemonade and golden peach. They are fantastic! It makes it so easy to put makeup on quickly in the morning, and I put it on my cheeks, lips, and eyes, except i dont put the golden one on my lips because it makes me look a little washed out. I would recommend this product to anyone who doesn't want to waste a lot of time on makeup in the morning!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2011 6:15:00 AM More reviews by ccx3x0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The pigmentation payoff was not very good at all. Along with that, they are very hard to blend. It takes a while a lot of blending for them to look natural, and all the blending irritates my skin, so I really can't use these products. I have two different shades and both are really pretty colors, but I can't wear them because of the blending problem. They are only about 1 dollar so it was worth a try.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2011 2:24:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

These are quite nice but they vary in creaminess. I have Toasted, Spotlight and Lilac Petal and while they are all very pretty the first two are much creamier and easier to apply than Lilac petal. They have an orange scent that I quite like. The pigmentation is pretty good in the ones I have. I mostly use these sticks for highlighting, they look pretty as eyeshadows but they do crease and they are too drying to wear on the lips. Overall a pretty good product. The packaging is handy too, it doesn't look expensive or anything but it's easy to apply.
I wish e.l.f. came up with some non shimmery colors so they could be used as blushes and contour/bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by malloryelise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wish I could make the 'yes' a 'heck yes', because I love this.
I really only use it on my cheeks, but it adds just the touch of shine, but not glittery mess to my cheeks, that's subtle enough to be wearable. And if people complain about the too shinyness, you can always wear it heavily and then put some pressed powder over it to mattify. but I like the shine because it makes my skin glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by poopythepig

I have Lilac Petal, and I like it. Yes, it is very shimmery, so DON'T use too much. I like this on my cheekbones for a nice glow. I can't use it too often, because it broke me out. :/ But it is just so pretty, that I keep coming back to it.
AND IT SMELLS AMAZING. A lot of people don't like the orange scent E.L.F established in many of their products; Frankly, I think it is lovely, haha.
If it wasn't so shimmery and didn't break me out, I would buy it again. :/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

I've totally new to cream blushes but I was on vacation and at Target they had this one for sale. For only a dollar I knew I couldn't go wrong.
I purchased this in Pink Lemonade (the only colour they carried) and I am so happy that I did! I'm very fair skinned and this makes a gorgeous blush on my skintone. I wear it underneath my regular pink blush and it really makes the colour pop.
I would suggest applying these as a blush with a stippling brush of some sort. Mine is by Quo and deposits just enough on your cheeks for a soft, pink glow. I tried it once with my fingers and that was just a nightmare... it didn't blend and messed up my foundation.
Even wore it as a lipstick a few times, though I suggest using a balm before or after as it is slightly drying.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by ImaJedi

I think I just got an ugly color (pink lemonade) because mine doesn't even come off pink! When swathed, it just looks like shimmery 80's frost. Would of liked to use these for my cheeks, but it just ends up looking like... frost. Not pretty either. I will probably repurchase to buy a different color because these positive reviews can't come from nowhere - will read a few reviews to find a better color. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Christy1745

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think they fixed the packaging - it works fine for me as a twist up solid stick. I didn't apply it directly from the stick to my cheeks - I warmed it with my fingers and applied that way. Blends nicely and gives you a slightly shimmery pinky flush. I think it looks nice, but I haven't tried it on eyes or lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2010 2:17:00 PM More reviews by tarzina789

Although the packaging of these products is horrendous, you must remember that you are only paying $1 (or less). The product itself isn't bad when used correctly.
While it does remind me of NARS The Multiple, the colors are not nearly the same. I have almost all the colors and they all have a frosty, shimmery finish. I use these primarily as highlighters and occasionally as bases for my eyeshadows and powder blushes. The product is easy to use and blend and travels well. I throw it in my bag for touch ups or when I think I'll need a little added sparkle when going out after work or school.

Overall a pretty decent product. If you want to experiment and aren't sure whether or not this will work for you, there isn't much to lose since it's so inexpensive.