MAC 227 Large Fluff Brush

4.8

brush hair very good

Honestly just an amazing all around brush. Bristle strength and density is perfect for application on sensitive skin. It never leaves me irritated and I can actually use it for just about any makeup application. love my 227 Large Fluff Brush

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Fantastic brush and well worth the price. It's soft, holds eyeshadow well, and its size makes it perfect for applying shadow to the brow bone or the entire lid.

This became one of my favorite brushes unexpectedly, I never felt like before I could find the right brush to highlight my checks or brow bone. The 168 brush is too big and picks up too much color, same with the 109 brush. Also the 217 I don't like using for this purpose because, I usually use it to smoke out my eyes, and so then their is all this dark color on the brush, so i don't want that dark color all the way up on my brow bone and and face. Also this brush is dense, it picks up a lot of colors and spreads it evenly faster then other brushes. Its also not a brush that many people rave about on blogs or on youtube, but even better then maybe the 217 . Also the hairs are black so the hairs don't get stained easily like the 168 or 217 or 219 so it doesn't take as long to wash all the color out of it.

on 4/25/2012 4:57:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Amazing brush for highlighting the cheek and brow bone. Perfect size, denseness and bristle softness. Amazing precision of application. Cannot fault it.

Oh.My.God!
I thought this was going to be a nice little luxury brush, something i didn't really need but it hey, at least it looked cute right!?

WRONG! My god, so very wrong! This is one of those 'i don't know what i did without you' products! I use it to highlight (brows and face!), to set undereye concealer, to do an allover wash of colour, contour nose and blend out harsh lines! I used my 224 for similar things before but this has completely knocked that down to concealer brush!

It's lovely and dense, and the handle is great; the perfect size/weight for the brush (something i love about mac brushes) also has not shed, no running dye... honestly i couldn't recommend this brush enough!

Also, I have pretty small eyes and when i first saw this i kind of dismissed it to brow bone only highlighting duties, but when i used it i was like 'woaw, this i really cool.. i wonder if....' and before you know it I'd used to all over my eyes AND face!!!

and on top of all that, it is incredibly cute :)

on 8/1/2011 9:44:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is one of my favorite MAC brushes - so much that I bought 2. I use it for applying brow highlight and all over wash colors. The bristles are soft but densely packed together for a firm but very comfortable feel. It will pick up a lot of shadow and is also good for toning down a harsh line. I like the 217 better for blending but sometimes use this first to pickup more color for blending.

I've had mine for about a year and haven't lost bristles or had any other problems. I don't wash these everyday like I do other brushes (only because I use the same highlight color most days) but I do wash weekly and they are holding up beautifully.

Great brush - I would love to have another one that is exactly the same just 2/3 the size of this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I use this brush for highlighting and blending my crease into my brow highlight. It's nice and dense and the bristles are a little bit hard which I like because it blends out better. This is a good sturdy brush. It has a nice thick handle for good control. It does have a little bit more fallout then other mac brushes I have but it is still very minimal. I've had this brush for years and its still very dense and the handle isn't loose at all and I use this brush on a daily basis. Overall, this is a bit on the pricey side but it is a great blending/highlighting brush.

on 6/6/2011 4:45:00 PM

I love this brush. It is amazing when you learn how to use it properly. I mainly use it for applying color to the entire lid. It also works well for softening colors.

on 5/14/2011 2:52:00 PM

I bought this brush because of the good reviews here on MUA, but I find I don't use it that often.
It's not a bad brush, but it's too scratchy in my opinion. I have even tried using conditioner on it to make it softer, but to no avail.
I use it mainly for softening my shadow above the crease, but not often tbh.
I think if I used highlighter I would find if useful for that.

on 5/7/2011 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is the brush I have been searching for! I would never have thought to buy such a large eyeshadow brush, but reading others reviews convinced me to try it. Bristles are soft and dense. I mostly use it to apply all over shadow and for highlighting. I also tried MAC's pigments with this brush and it worked as well. Works great for blending too!

Top Rated MAC Products