Prosacea

3.7

Active Ingredients: Sulphur 1x (Rosacea/Acne Treatment Gel) Inactive Ingredients: Acrylates, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Diazolidinyl Urea, Lactose, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Triethanolamine, Water

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have derm. diagnosed rosacea but my flare ups are so occasional I don't find it beneficial to purchase an Rx. When I do have flare ups this works really well. The smell isn't the best, but after a while I don't notice it. I use this morning and night during flare ups (I just get extremely red in the cheeks and they *burn*, no breakouts) and they don't seem to be as intense and it goes away more quickly. For the price/results I definitely keep a tube around.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I CANNOT express how WONDERFUL this product is! I have combination skin that tends be be more on the oily side and this past year I began noticing MAJOR redness in my face so much so that my makeup had to be switch to Full coverage foundation AND powder on top :( since using this product (only two days) the redness is almost COMPLETELY GONE! And on top of the wonderful ability this product has to get rid of redness it also is by far THE BEST MATTIFYING face product EVER!!!! I apply once in the morning and my face looks MATTE ALL DAY!!!! But beware I don't think this would work so hott on dry skin,maybe if used with a light hand? Or with a moisturizer? BUT awesome at taking redness away! It is a lil pricey but I will pay $10 a tube for the results :) thank u lord! For this product!

I have really bad rosacea and I when I saw this product in a drug store I wanted to try it. I didn't want to spend the money right away because I feel it is pricey so I figured I would do my research before I bought it. I mostly found bad reviews and I forgot about it for awhile. About a month later I saw it on sale and thought why not. I ended up completely loving this product. It has definitely worked for me. I noticed results within 2 applications , I even noticed my pores getting smaller. The smell doesn't bother me like I've read from other peoples experience but my fiancÚ says it does smell but not strong. I guess this product is a touch and go for people but I personally have had great results from it. I would recommend this product and keep using it for myself.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this as a treatment for the redness around my cheeks and the acne around my chin and side of my cheeks. While it didn't clog pores or irritate my acne/redness more, it did little to abate my skin's condition. While I have heard so many good reviews about this product, it just didn't work for me. I think the problem lies in that sulfur (active ingredient) does little for my particular skin. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My skin is dry and sensitive and normal-to dry in the summer. I used this as a spot treatment on a breakout I had on my chin area and along my chin. It dried it out SO bad but it did clear up my zits in those areas. I could only imagine how much it would dry out my cheek area. I don't recommended using this if you have severe rosecea on your cheeks because I can't see it doing anything but drying your skin out and possibly making it more sensitive. The smell is HORRIBLE by the way.

I've never been diagnosed with rosecea but I think I seem to have mild case of it. All in all I love it as a spot treatment but you have to moisturize and moisturize if your skin is anything like mine!

Definately didn't work for me. I have really sensative skin with moderate to severe rosacea and acne (for reference) and I cnt use BP and SA does nothing for me so I thought I would give this a try since I never tried anything sulfur based. The day after I used it my face broke out worse than ever and it didn't help the redness at all. I used it for about three days because I thought maybe it would take a little time for it to work, but once I stopped using it my face got a lot better and I was so relieved. All I can say is that if you react badly to it in the first 48 hrs just stop using it and get your money back because it's not worth it at that point. The smell is really strong and lasts for hours (not exagerating), I would only use a pea sized amount and the smell was so overwhelming it would make my eyes water and my throat hurt if you can believe it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have mild to moderate rosacea that has been diagnosed by a derm and have tried Metrocream and other medications from him but haven't really loved them. I also hardly used them because my skin wasn't really that bad and I could control my redness and inflammation with OTC products like Salycilic Acid (aka aspirin) and primers.

This winter in Boston has been brutally cold and windy and my cheeks really flared up so I thought I'd give this a try based on the recommendations here. BIG MISTAKE.

As I applied it, I could feel my skin burning and stinging. When the product was dry, my cheeks were red and inflammed. They felt hot to the touch and they hurt.

A while later, my cheeks got bumpy, which has NEVER happened to me before.

After four days of chamomile compresses and other topicals , my skin is finally starting to calm down.

I'm actually shocked at the intense reaction I had to this product because I have used sulfur based products from the derm before.

I am horrified at this product and what it did to my skin. I wish I had taken pictures so I could send them to whomever makes this stuff.

If you really, really have derm diagnosed rosacea and are having an active flare-up stay away from this. continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

If you tried this product and liked the results initially, but then found it way too drying to the point of irritation(like myself), there is way you can still use this. I loved the results the first time using this. The redness in my cheeks was gone, so were any pores it seemed! But then my very dry, reactive, sensitive skin didn't allow me to use this again;( However, I now use Alba's Un-Petroleum under it and it works quite well. I can tolerate it and my skin looks a lot better.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

saw this on the shelf at walgreens the other day & im at my witts end trying to find makeup that covers my red areas on my face. their not as bad as some ive seen but its enough to bug me. anywho the first time i used it it burned but after that its ok. the redness is going away,theres still pink but id rather have some coloring to my skin so i dont look dead. its expensive but no more than buying foundation so id rather spend the money on this and be able to wander around w/out makeup then to have to keep applying makeup that prob makes the prob. worse. its great for zits too!
update:
added another lippie,this stuff does seem to be keeping my skin undercontrol! i havent had to use any exfoliator or anything really on my face since a few days after i started using this stuff. i quit using it to see what would happen,to see if it was the cream that was making my skin better and...i broke out in zits on my cheeks again, the redness started creeping back up and my pores were huge! so right back to the cream i go.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

If your acne does not respond to Benzoyl or SA, you should try this. My skin errupted a couple of months ago. I am not sure whether it was because of hormones or food but there was a mess around my chin and bottom lip. I tried every thing under the sun and they did not work. I came across this product by sheer coincidence. This is for rosacea and acne both. I was so desperate that I had to give it shot and it WORKED. It dries the area but overall, it is fantastic in calming the redness and bumps. Within a couple of usage, my skin looked and felt better. This can be incorporated in any skin care regimen and it will prevent acne or skin erruption. Products like Bye Bye Blemish also contain Sulfur like this product but this works 500 times better in keeping skin smooth in fast recovery. Excellent product and highly recommended.