Bare Escentuals Buxom Lips- Dolly

4.3

on 4/20/2013 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The packaging is pretty but i found it sticky and not that pigmented. It smells good though. I wouldn't recommend it but it's probably because I'm not a gloss person.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Like many other reviewers, I first got this as a points gift at Sephora. The color is great -- on me it's MLBB. I haven't noticed any plumping, but I do feel the tingling when I first apply it. It's a little sticky, but it lasts better than regular lip glosses. Because of the flavor/plumping agents, I don't like to eat or drink within an hour of applying it...it does taste a little funny.

on 3/29/2013 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I love this lip gloss! I got a deluxe sample with a Sephora order about a year ago and I've since ordered 3 more shades. Dolly is a gorgeous sparkly mauvey pink, a great MLBB shade - perfect for daytime.

The formulation is great too. It has a thicker consistency, which I love. It is slight sticky feeling, but I don't mind that at all because it lasts much longer than other lipglosses. It does cause a slight tingle due to the plumping ingredients, but that subsides after a few minutes. Honestly, I do not really notice any of the plumping effects.

One downside to the stickiness of this lipgloss: Once while I was wearing it a bug flew onto my mouth and stuck to my lips! Eewwwww!

on 3/17/2013 6:43:00 PM

i have been a lipgloss addict my entire life but have never found the right product.... until now. Buxom lip polish in Candi and Dolly are the PERFECT everyday shades. These glosses give just the right amount of sheer shine with a beautiful natural tint. MLBB! I have almost every color... but Dolly and Candi are definitely the best for me- (brunette, lbrown eyes, medium skin tone) Highly recommend these amazing lip polishes!!!! I dont use anything else anymore and can't go a day without it!

on 3/3/2013 2:10:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I got this as part of a set at Sephora, and I like it very much. Even though I have not previously liked plumping glosses - I enjoyed the tingle that this one provides because it didn't quite burn. Subtle but noticeable plumping.

The color is lovely by itself. It's a very nice MLBB nude mauve that can be worn with or without a lipliner or lipstick.

I did find that any food or drinks I had while I was wearing this lipgloss tasted weird. It's an odd effect, but one I can live with.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I love this gloss. It is a beautiful plum and is so flattering on my pale skin but the tingle is too much so it only gets two stars.

on 11/24/2012 6:28:00 PM

The color is a mauve color like my pigmented lips; the color is quite sheer but it's a darker color. I really like the cooling effect of this gloss; I used to have a Mark gloss that had a similar effect; I like the packaging too. I go this in a set but I'll not buy these individually;

UPDATE: I really like this on top of nude lipsticks! Try it! It's lovely and I love how it feels on my lips! Giving this a 5!

on 11/11/2012 7:57:00 PM

I got this gloss in a set and I like it a lot. I like to layer it over Tarte's Exposed which is an amazing nude. With this over it, it looks so pretty on it's own it shows well on me I am very pale so this is a nice mauvey nude on me alone. I notice it does make my lips look fuller. At a family function my family thought I looked younger...I say hey the magics in the makeup;) This stuff could be helping though considering I'm 33 I'll take any help I can get.

I do think this helps me though I don't have wrinkles yet so I can't attest to if it plumps them out but I can say this is an excellent gloss. The color Dolly is just the color I would get I love nudes with a touch of color in them. I do agree you should wear it on top of a color for best results but alone it looks fine on me. NW-15 for reference. All in all a color I would purchase or purchase another one of there colors. Def recommend it's a good gloss.

on 11/4/2012 4:38:00 PM

Texture is good, colour is a nice mauvey shade and the minty tingling feeling is nice but not at all painful. This definitely leaves a slight plumping effect, not big balloon lips but a subtle fullness around the lips edges. My main complaint is within the packaging. There appears to be no stopper within the neck of the bottle so when I pull out the wand it is full of gloss from the tip (which you can't even see) to the top threads where it screws into bottle. This is so disgustingly messy that it is not even worth using. Will not repurchase.

on 10/11/2012 5:39:00 PM

A very pretty mauve berry lip gloss with lots of minty sensations going on. I do not notice any plumping of my lips from this product. The lip gloss consistency is just tacky enough to stay a decent amount of time on the lips. The only downside for me is that this tends to dry out my lips so using lip balm prior to application is essential.

Recommended for Medium Skin