October 23, 2014 | 947 users online

Shampoo - Joico - Joico Color Endure Violet Shampoo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by aimeeuy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am a long black haired girl gone long sandy blonde and this product is great for taking out the orange-y yellow parts of my hair especially after 7 or 8 washes my hair just gets that gross orange-y tint to it as my hair is more of a warmer blonde. Its a super tinted dark purple out of the bottle and it smells good.

It does dry out my hair a bit but all the purple shampoos I have tried do the same thing some worse than others.. it must be the pH, so I would recommend a really good conditioner I use the Aveda Color Conserve.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Starjazzmine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This is the only "purple" shampoo that, pigment-wise compares to Clairol Shimmer Lights, which is what I typically used in the past. I must say the Joico Color Endure has become my new favorite. It smells nicer, the color is nicer and the actual shampoo quality is much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by heartsinwonderland

This is a great shampoo! I usually use Matrix So Silver, but I bought a bottle because of the good reviews. It's so pigmented! I think it's more pigmented than Matrix. It lathers well, and cleans my hair. It's a little more stripping than Matrix, but it leaves my hair more cool and even less brassy. Don't leave this on too long, it will give your hair a purple tint. It does go away though, and it's not too obvious. I highly recommend this, it's a great shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Rachellove3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this shampoo. I was really scared to try a purple shampoo for the first time because I thought it would make me have silver or purple hair but it didn't. It can be drying, but that's why I wash my hair with the violet shampoo and leave it on 3-4 minutes and then rewash my hair with a more moisturizing shampoo and condition as usual. I did buy the violet conditioner...but it's not as moisturizing as I like, so I don't really use it. I honestly don't think you need it if you want to buy them together. Overall, it does exactly what it's supposed to. It takes away the yellow tones and leave s light..almost white in some of my hairs, ash-y tone that's really pretty. :) Also, if you're afraid it might "change" the color of your hair underneath (I have light brown under my blonde), it doesn't.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by makygirl8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the shampoo alone, I haven't tried the conditioner and cannot comment on it as a result. I have highlighted hair (every 8-10 weeks to save $$) and this prevents the yellow brassy colours from appearing in my hair, period! This is amazing, at first, I only got it because it was cheaper for me to buy this with a free intense hydrator and decided to give it a go anyways. I'm very happy with this product, it has a nice violet colour, nice consistency, but it doesn't lather very well. I absolutely love the way my hair looks after I use this, specially when I try to delay the colouring/highlighting of my hair. I am not a full blonde, and I can imagine that blondes would love this shampoo, and I have recommended this to my very pretty platinum blonde girlfriend who has also had amazing results with this. I recommend using a very hydrating/moisturizing treatment/conditioner with this as it can dry out your hair, a lot. Having said that, most violet/purple shampoos are drying and need to be followed by a conditioning treatment to ensure you're adding the moisture that's been removed! I recommend using the Joico K-Pak Moisture Intense Hydrator alongside this product, as I have had prime results. Hope this helps :D

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 7:39:00 AM More reviews by xac83

HG purple toneing shampoo richest purple blue tone ive ever seen in a shampoo i leave this on my roots for 3 min after my lightening process. perfect platinum blonde everytime, tho it can be drying follow up with joico intense hydrator / kpak revitaluxe and your hairs back to health. Warning becarful not to get the shampoo on really lighht light ends .. they WILL turn violet light purple blonde lol i promise, just leave on the roots :) or where ever you have yellow/brassy tones.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by lexigill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this shampoo and conditioner because of all the wonderful reviews and results that everyone seemed to be getting. I usually stick to AG's Sterling Silver line and have been really happy with it, but i wanted to try something new...... Bad idea.

I have to say that it definitely did pull any brasiness out that my hair may have had. It also completely stripped all the moisture and colour with it and left some serious dryness and split ends. My hair looked flat and staw-like. Even after a deep conditioner and some heavy duty Moroccan oil treatments my hair was still left in rough shape. I ended up returning the Joico Violet products and picked up my usual AG and finally after a week my hair is soft and shiny again. I will definitely not be repurchasing ever again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by mricci

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i think this stuff is great, but it IS a little drying. this is the last thing most people with highlights/bleached hair need. but, others in the category are just as drying, so it is what it is, i suppose. anyway, it's good stuff. it brightens and tones very well. i DO think i prefer aveda blue malva though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by makeupdee

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure about all the reviews on this shampoo that say how gentle it is... it was pretty harsh and drying on my hair, left it feeling dead and dry. Once I switched to a different shampoo, my hair was soft and silkier again... The imparting of nonbrassiness worked so-so-- not bad, not great either. I'm not sure if I'll be able to use this much, because my hair is dry and damaged already.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

I used to love Shimmerlights, although it was fairly drying, I love the smell! An MUA'er recommended this to me, which I had tried in the past and admittedly, didn't give it the props it deserves. It is SO PIGMENTED and does it's job. Even if I don't leave it on for the full 3-5 minutes, my blonde still looks way brighter when I'm done. The smell is subtle and not as nostalgic as my Shimmerlights but it will suffice. This also doesn't seem to dry my hair out as much. I purchased this as well as the violet conditioner and a small sample of the K-Pak Rejuvinator at a local salon for like $20.00. Pretty good deal.