Joico Joico Color Endure Violet Shampoo

4.2

-Water/Aqua/Eau, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide Mea, Glycol Stearate, Pentapeptide-29 Cysteinamide, Pentapeptide-30 Cysteinamide, Tetrapeptide-28 Argininamide, Tetrapeptide-29 Argininamide, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-7, Diazolidinyl Urea, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Silicone Quaternium-16, Amodimethicone, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Undeceth-11, C11-15 Pareth-7, Butyloctanol, Undeceth-5, Laureth-9, Glycerin, Trideceth-12, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, PPG-12-Buteth-16, Polyamide-2, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance/Parfum, Ext. Violet 2 (CI 60730), Red 33 (CI 17200)

on 2/13/2013 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have ombré hair that goes from black to light blonde with brown transitioning. For dark hair, this purple shampoo won't turn your hair purple, so don't worry. But I had some pretty brassy orange and yellow hues, which were almost all removed after using this only once! This stuff is pricey though! I guess every joico product is. I looked around and found an awesome deal for the mega size with the pump for $14. Love the packaging and the product itself. Does what it promises. I said yes to buying it again, but I probably won't need to haha.

on 1/26/2013 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Absolutely love this shampoo. I highlight my hair every 6 weeks ( natural hair is dark brown ) and I always had issues with yellow and warm tones. Every time I do my hair it only looks nice for about a week. Reading the boards everybody was talking about violet shampoos , so I did check what brands do some and Joico seems the favourite one. I end up buying it of course and at first was worry to use as some people say it can turn hair purple . Well I did start using it and at first I left 2 min then up to 4 and my hair looks amazing to be honest. I don't know how this work but man my hair is really nice blonde every time I use this shampoo. So happy.
I use this about every 10 days. I shampoo ones with this and then use good conditioner ( I use Joico intense hydrator ATM ).
Will definitely keep buying it as I can really see how this turn my hair to really nice blonde with 0 warm tones.

on 12/7/2012 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I've been using this product for just over two years. I have my hair bleached and then a silver toner applied at my salon. My stylist recommended this to me because I wanted to make the silver last longer and keep the brassy tones out. I will NEVER go back! I use a small amount to clean and resfresh daily. If I feel I need to even out and really give my hair a refreshing punch, I apply it from root to tip on dry hair for about 20 minutes and then wash it out like I would when shampooing. Just make sure to use a colour freindly conditioner.

on 12/5/2012 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I am a long black haired girl gone long sandy blonde and this product is great for taking out the orange-y yellow parts of my hair especially after 7 or 8 washes my hair just gets that gross orange-y tint to it as my hair is more of a warmer blonde. Its a super tinted dark purple out of the bottle and it smells good.

It does dry out my hair a bit but all the purple shampoos I have tried do the same thing some worse than others.. it must be the pH, so I would recommend a really good conditioner I use the Aveda Color Conserve.

on 11/11/2012 4:09:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is the only "purple" shampoo that, pigment-wise compares to Clairol Shimmer Lights, which is what I typically used in the past. I must say the Joico Color Endure has become my new favorite. It smells nicer, the color is nicer and the actual shampoo quality is much better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great shampoo! I usually use Matrix So Silver, but I bought a bottle because of the good reviews. It's so pigmented! I think it's more pigmented than Matrix. It lathers well, and cleans my hair. It's a little more stripping than Matrix, but it leaves my hair more cool and even less brassy. Don't leave this on too long, it will give your hair a purple tint. It does go away though, and it's not too obvious. I highly recommend this, it's a great shampoo.

on 8/27/2012 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this shampoo. I was really scared to try a purple shampoo for the first time because I thought it would make me have silver or purple hair but it didn't. It can be drying, but that's why I wash my hair with the violet shampoo and leave it on 3-4 minutes and then rewash my hair with a more moisturizing shampoo and condition as usual. I did buy the violet conditioner...but it's not as moisturizing as I like, so I don't really use it. I honestly don't think you need it if you want to buy them together. Overall, it does exactly what it's supposed to. It takes away the yellow tones and leave s light..almost white in some of my hairs, ash-y tone that's really pretty. :) Also, if you're afraid it might "change" the color of your hair underneath (I have light brown under my blonde), it doesn't.

on 6/24/2012 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This review is for the shampoo alone, I haven't tried the conditioner and cannot comment on it as a result. I have highlighted hair (every 8-10 weeks to save $$) and this prevents the yellow brassy colours from appearing in my hair, period! This is amazing, at first, I only got it because it was cheaper for me to buy this with a free intense hydrator and decided to give it a go anyways. I'm very happy with this product, it has a nice violet colour, nice consistency, but it doesn't lather very well. I absolutely love the way my hair looks after I use this, specially when I try to delay the colouring/highlighting of my hair. I am not a full blonde, and I can imagine that blondes would love this shampoo, and I have recommended this to my very pretty platinum blonde girlfriend who has also had amazing results with this. I recommend using a very hydrating/moisturizing treatment/conditioner with this as it can dry out your hair, a lot. Having said that, most violet/purple shampoos are drying and need to be followed by a conditioning treatment to ensure you're adding the moisture that's been removed! I recommend using the Joico K-Pak Moisture Intense Hydrator alongside this product, as I have had prime results. Hope this helps :D

on 6/17/2012 7:39:00 AM

HG purple toneing shampoo richest purple blue tone ive ever seen in a shampoo i leave this on my roots for 3 min after my lightening process. perfect platinum blonde everytime, tho it can be drying follow up with joico intense hydrator / kpak revitaluxe and your hairs back to health. Warning becarful not to get the shampoo on really lighht light ends .. they WILL turn violet light purple blonde lol i promise, just leave on the roots :) or where ever you have yellow/brassy tones.

on 6/16/2012 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this shampoo and conditioner because of all the wonderful reviews and results that everyone seemed to be getting. I usually stick to AG's Sterling Silver line and have been really happy with it, but i wanted to try something new...... Bad idea.

I have to say that it definitely did pull any brasiness out that my hair may have had. It also completely stripped all the moisture and colour with it and left some serious dryness and split ends. My hair looked flat and staw-like. Even after a deep conditioner and some heavy duty Moroccan oil treatments my hair was still left in rough shape. I ended up returning the Joico Violet products and picked up my usual AG and finally after a week my hair is soft and shiny again. I will definitely not be repurchasing ever again.

Popular Shampoos