April 18, 2014 | 1840 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by lucybrown

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is the best powder make-up product that I have used. And as a person with extremely dry skin with flaky patches, I NEVER touch powder products.

It is light coverage, but for me, it has more coverage than MAC's Face and Body foundation. I use it like a powder foundation, though it can be used to set liquid foundations too. I had to layer the Face and Body foundation about 3-4 times to get sufficient coverage for the broken vessels I have on my face.

The coverage has a natural, soft-focus like finish. My skin looked like velvet by the time I was done putting it on. And the brush I use to put it on is a cheap drugstore blush brush, and it still looks fantastic.

The color is what I'm most impressed about. I gravitate towards MAC because of its color selection, and this one is bang on. Face and Body N1 was a taaaaad too dark, but this one is perfection. And it is quite neutral, though I think it still leans to the golden side.

The lasting power is phenomenal! I put it on in the morning, run around for 9 hours, and it's still on! I sometimes need to touch up at lunch, but I never expected a powder to last an entire shift at work. I do have dry skin though, so I don't know how it will fare on combo skin.

And last but not least, this product does not feel like a mask. It feels like nothing at all and to the touch, it makes my skin feel softer the smoother. I also have sensitive skin, and when I say sensitive, think no fragrance, no preservatives kind of sensitive. It doesn't irritate me at all, which I'm really happy about being so accustomed to turning red with many skin products that others loved but that my skin hated.

All in all, I will definitely repurchase this foundation, mainly because it is a good color match, it has a beautiful finish, has some coverage, and is comfortable to wear. It puts that youthful glow back into the complexion. The perfect breath of fresh air for the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by MissMicky88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

After hearing a lot of positive comments about this product from friends, i bought this last year before summer. First time I used it I wasn't that overwhelmed as friends told me I was going to be.. It does work great, has a nice light coverage (which I like because of my freckles) and evens out my skin, but compared to drugstore products it does nothing more. Now that it's winter, i can't find a drugstore powder in my shade. And I've noticed that this powder is very natural and makes my skin even better after using it several months. Cant live without it now, already bought my second one. My skin is less red and my pores look finer.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by jilltaylor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised at all the fuss about this product. I based my purchase on all the good things I've heard and the fact the MAC girl said she couldn't live without it. Honestly, a drugstore powder would work just as well if not better. I found this one too powdery, and it had a light kind of sheen or shimmer I don't like. I also find the coverage to be poor as well. I rarely use it because it doesn't really make a difference on my face. I also bought the brush that was recommended to use with it by the sales girl, the 109. Love the brush,not the powder. I have it in shade light-medium (I think). Won't buy again. I've found most MAC face products to be disappointing.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2012 9:09:00 AM More reviews by akinomonique

well, at first I loved this product. But after some time I realised that my skin is getting worst. I started to break out after using this prduct everyday. For some occasions it is great product but not for every day when you have acne-prone or oily skin as I do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I have okay skin. Sometimes I break out other times my skin can look flawless (minus the under eye area). So I don't need coverage and when I do I can use concealer first. This is perfect for that. It is my HG foundation and I am so happy with it. It's everything I ever wanted in a powder. I like powders 'cause they're quick and easy. Liquid is a mess for me and seems to take forever. I never have issues with this getting cakey on me either. The only time I think someone would have problems is if they used it too heavily over a liquid foundation or used too much alone. Other wise your skin is glowing, it blurs everything, and looks like skin. I do have to touch up midday on my nose where I get really oily. Other than that though it lasts all day. Also I'm pretty acne prone and this doesn't break me out.

I think my only gripe is that this is $29 (10g/.35 oz) and the Studio Fix is $27 (15g/.52oz). I think the price should be opposite or you should get more product for $29. Even though I dislike that I'm still going to fork out the money for this (which is why my packaging rating is a 3).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by secondadonna

I wish I had written a review of Studio Fix powder back when I used it regularly! Now, it's hard for me to compare. I went off Studio Fix for a while and then one day went to MAC intending to repurchase. The SA recommended this instead, saying he thought Studio Fix would be too heavy and dry on me. I do think the Mineralize powder had a more natural look and feel; I like that the Light shade is more neutral, rather than truly yellow or pink like NC/NW15. It was a good colour match for me. However, I really prefer to have the option of more coverage; with Studio Fix you can apply lightly with a brush or heavily with a sponge, but with this, nothing really gave more than a sheer coverage. I also needed a touch of matte powder in my T-zone, and more frequent touchups. So the product did not last long -- even less time than a pan of Studio Fix -- and I doubt I'll buy again.

This sounds like a negative review, but I gave 4 lippies because it did what it said on the box (natural, light cover, easy application, great colour match) and I can see it working for lots of people really well. It just happened to have a couple of specific downsides that meant it's no HG for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Jessabell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is without a shadow of a doubt the best powder i have ever used! I bought this on a whim and it is the best thing I have ever done! I use this to set my foundation. It is light coverage which is really all you should be using when its just to set a foundation in my opinion. This actually makes my skin look totally airbrushed and perfect! The colour is the first colour (apart from translucent ones) that is actually perfect on my skin. Others, despite being fair on the packaging (and looking fairer than this) just made a noticeable difference in shading that shouldnt have been there.

My gripes are that it should be a tad more matt but its not making me oily so its really jut a preference that i have. Secons is the fact that if you have any dry patches and apply a little too heavily it will accentuate those patches. Really this just means make sure you take care with the change of weather and heating etc because I know thats why i had a small amount on my nose now its coming into winter here. The third being that I dont like the packing. Its a bit cheap looking, even in the feel of it and it should include a mirror for touch ups while out and about. Neither are deal breakers though. Its fantastic. Highly Recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by katiedelaney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is good but it broke me out :( Mac products do

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by checotah44

I LOVED this powder. Natural finish....BUT...within three days had three cystic acne pimples...big ones...I had to return it. Looked on the box and it has bismuth which makes me break out. Wish I had known this before I purchase.

2013; Still looking for a good dupe for this powder. Someone suggested Smooth Minerals from Avon but NO!!!! It has BISMUTH too! Most of their powders do. Why do cosmetics put this awful ingredient in their cosmetics. if I wear a powder with Bismuth, I will get a large gigantic cyctic pimple within hours! And I'm 49 years old and don't break out! So any suggestions....on a good MSF dupe without bismuth would be appreciated. I'm gonna try the Hard Candy Bronzer in Tiki to see if it might give me the subtle glow I'm looking for.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Musoukakitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Gosh what isn't there to say about this product? The fact that my 2$ powder did a better job than it and the only thing Mac had against it was a slightly better color match(which would go somewhat orange pretty quickly

Pros
- Half decent coverage
- Good color match

Cons
-Was breaking me out for a while and I didn't realize it, the I accidentally passed out in it and woke up to large pimples all over the place. Fun
-Turns orange quickly
-Doesn't help with oil or shine, which I didn't know I had in the slightest until this product
-Expensive
-The powder goes on very cake-like despite not covering the same as a very cakey foundation
- Settles into lines
- When using a brush to pick up the slightest tap onto it quickly sends powder all over my clothes

I honestly am seriously upset I didn't keep the receipt and ask out the return policy.

Either way my sensitive skin did NOT like this product in the slightest.