July 28, 2014 | 1949 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 7:07:00 AM More reviews by purplegobstopper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I tried to steer clear of this powder for ages because even though it promises great things, I found it to be a bit too pricey for my likes. However, after trying countless drugstore powders (to no avail) I decided on trying out this product. I was an instant fan. I rarely use foundation, normally only concealer and most of the time also bb cream, and this powder gives that extra little coverage that I need. It's not a heavy coverage powder though, and throughout the day I need to lightly reapply it to my nose and forehead. This powder has no cakey finish on me whatsoever and I'm certain it will last me for quite some time as well :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by vagabondking

if you're looking for a 'power' powder (as i call heavy-duty, the whole-shebang, type of powders), that will last you 24 hours and keep you flawless throughout the day without any need for a touch up ~ realistically speaking, this powder probably isn't for you. this isn't one of those heavy duty powders that will keep shine at bay or keep you looking fresh for hours on end (you may be better off with something like MAC Blot), especially if you have oily skin. if you have normal to dry (though probably not too dry) skin, then this might work out like a 'power' powder.

i have combination skin, so this doesn't quite work as well on my t-zone (especially my nose ~ i have no idea what's wrong with my nose, but as gross as it sounds, i'm sure it produces enough oil to end the oil crisis), but it's great on my cheek area (and not bad on my forehead). i normally don't put powder on my cheeks (or, well, didn't used to put powder on my cheeks ~ i originally reserved the MSFN for special occasions) because i don't really need to and i don't like a matte look on that area, but because i got new glasses that have a larger frame and hit my cheeks every time i smile, i started needing to powder my cheeks just so my bb cream wouldn't crease in that area whenever i smiled.

if you're looking for a completely matte finish type of powder, then this isn't quite it. this powder isn't shimmery or pearlescent, but it gives your skin a soft matte, but luminous look ~ not quite a sheen or dewy look, but a satin kind of finish or a soft-focus finish as some other reviews say. hence why i love it on my cheeks, because i don't like a completely matte/flat look on my cheeks. it's not powdery looking, and it sets my bb creams (i use Asian ones, not Western ones, for reference) nicely. on my cheeks, it lasts well and doesn't budge, making it really good for preventing my bb cream from creasing under my glasses or transferring onto my glasses.

if you have normal-dry skin or don't like looking too powdery, i think you can give this powder a whirl. however, if you've got oily skin or need a heavy duty sort of powder, this probably isn't going to be for you. also, this powder is pricey, so i advise doing your research, asking around, and really just consider it before buying it. i'm sure there are alternatives out there, but i go through powders relatively slowly (and i got a very generous gift card from one of my cousins), so this was a nice investment for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

One of the modern cult classic MAC products, Mineralize Skinfinish Natural is a satin-glow pressed powder, so I decided I needed it in my arsenal. Light is probably about N10-12; I'm too pale for it to look entirely natural on my skin and I wasn't totally in love, so I quickly purged it.

MSFN is a soft-pressed powder (with a lot of dusty kickback when a brush hits it.) It has a sheen rather than a shimmer or frost. So the lightest application looks unpowdered. It also buffs in well (but that action also polishes the minerals, making it shinier.) The bad news is that it does cake up, which can look quite off. I wouldn't wear it as foundation for that reason even if it did match my pasty pallor. I get the appeal, but there are better finishing powders for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by katruiz

I really like this as a powder foundation. It doesn't look to cakey or powdery. I like the subtle shimmer it also gives off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like using this as a finishing powder applied with a kabuki brush. I like setting my foundation by pressing powder products into the skin, and for this purpose, I do not like MSFN. After setting my face with another light powder, this gives me more coverage and more of an air brushed look if I buff it lightly over top. My skin is very very fair, and the Light shade is a perfect match. I was worried this would be too dark/orangey as most other MAC "light" shades can be, but it's nice and pale just like their Blot powder. I have to use a light hand with this, though. I notice it can get a bit cakey if I use too much since I'm using it over another powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by lucybrown

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is the best powder make-up product that I have used. And as a person with extremely dry skin with flaky patches, I NEVER touch powder products.

It is light coverage, but for me, it has more coverage than MAC's Face and Body foundation. I use it like a powder foundation, though it can be used to set liquid foundations too. I had to layer the Face and Body foundation about 3-4 times to get sufficient coverage for the broken vessels I have on my face.

The coverage has a natural, soft-focus like finish. My skin looked like velvet by the time I was done putting it on. And the brush I use to put it on is a cheap drugstore blush brush, and it still looks fantastic.

The color is what I'm most impressed about. I gravitate towards MAC because of its color selection, and this one is bang on. Face and Body N1 was a taaaaad too dark, but this one is perfection. And it is quite neutral, though I think it still leans to the golden side.

The lasting power is phenomenal! I put it on in the morning, run around for 9 hours, and it's still on! I sometimes need to touch up at lunch, but I never expected a powder to last an entire shift at work. I do have dry skin though, so I don't know how it will fare on combo skin.

And last but not least, this product does not feel like a mask. It feels like nothing at all and to the touch, it makes my skin feel softer the smoother. I also have sensitive skin, and when I say sensitive, think no fragrance, no preservatives kind of sensitive. It doesn't irritate me at all, which I'm really happy about being so accustomed to turning red with many skin products that others loved but that my skin hated.

All in all, I will definitely repurchase this foundation, mainly because it is a good color match, it has a beautiful finish, has some coverage, and is comfortable to wear. It puts that youthful glow back into the complexion. The perfect breath of fresh air for the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by MissMicky88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

After hearing a lot of positive comments about this product from friends, i bought this last year before summer. First time I used it I wasn't that overwhelmed as friends told me I was going to be.. It does work great, has a nice light coverage (which I like because of my freckles) and evens out my skin, but compared to drugstore products it does nothing more. Now that it's winter, i can't find a drugstore powder in my shade. And I've noticed that this powder is very natural and makes my skin even better after using it several months. Cant live without it now, already bought my second one. My skin is less red and my pores look finer.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by jilltaylor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised at all the fuss about this product. I based my purchase on all the good things I've heard and the fact the MAC girl said she couldn't live without it. Honestly, a drugstore powder would work just as well if not better. I found this one too powdery, and it had a light kind of sheen or shimmer I don't like. I also find the coverage to be poor as well. I rarely use it because it doesn't really make a difference on my face. I also bought the brush that was recommended to use with it by the sales girl, the 109. Love the brush,not the powder. I have it in shade light-medium (I think). Won't buy again. I've found most MAC face products to be disappointing.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2012 9:09:00 AM More reviews by akinomonique

well, at first I loved this product. But after some time I realised that my skin is getting worst. I started to break out after using this prduct everyday. For some occasions it is great product but not for every day when you have acne-prone or oily skin as I do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I have okay skin. Sometimes I break out other times my skin can look flawless (minus the under eye area). So I don't need coverage and when I do I can use concealer first. This is perfect for that. It is my HG foundation and I am so happy with it. It's everything I ever wanted in a powder. I like powders 'cause they're quick and easy. Liquid is a mess for me and seems to take forever. I never have issues with this getting cakey on me either. The only time I think someone would have problems is if they used it too heavily over a liquid foundation or used too much alone. Other wise your skin is glowing, it blurs everything, and looks like skin. I do have to touch up midday on my nose where I get really oily. Other than that though it lasts all day. Also I'm pretty acne prone and this doesn't break me out.

I think my only gripe is that this is $29 (10g/.35 oz) and the Studio Fix is $27 (15g/.52oz). I think the price should be opposite or you should get more product for $29. Even though I dislike that I'm still going to fork out the money for this (which is why my packaging rating is a 3).