April 23, 2014 | 2033 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - 10hr Sleep Effect

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by SickSexFix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I LOVE this foundation. This is one of my first Bourjois purchases. I saw this company featured on some Lisa E. videos and was sad they didn't have it here. It launched a few months later where I live and YAY I can finally enjoy this company.

I'd heard good things about their Healthy Mix foundation but being an oily skinned girl I can't enjoy it. I bought the 10hour sleep effect because my skin tends to look sallow. I got this in the shade 74 Beige. I'm a MAC NC 35-40 for reference. Some parts of my face are neutral, others are yellow or olive. *shrug*

I'm annoyed that there aren't that many shades to choose from in the store. It's like they decided certain fringe shades don't need to be available to certain countries (that's my guess anyway). I was worried this may be too light but the only other choice was a shade MUCH lighter or a shade darker but rosier.

My skin is combo right now since it's winter. I use this with my fingers, one pump only. It smooths on easily, like a watery serum. I say watery because it comes out of the pump watery - it's very runny. My skin drinks this up easily, especially my cheeks which are drier and it doesn't make my flaky bits flakier. The slip in this is great and it goes on like a night serum. It's very, very light and I feel like I'm wearing nothing but a light moisturizer. A welcome contrast to Estee Lauder DW Light or Studio Fix Fluid. (We'll see how this works out in the humid summer though..)

I was afraid the shade might be too pink as this is supposed to counteract sallowness in the skin (what I got from the name 10hour sleep effect and the general marketing overview). My skin is pretty clear right now but my skin tone is uneven (lighter on my cheeks) and this product evens it up nicely. It doesn't look weird on my T zone (where I'm darker) since it's so incredibly sheer but has just enough pigment to even out my cheeks.

Sometimes I buff in MAC's Studio Fix powder on top if I feel I need more evening out or I'm really oily that morning. I'm happy there's no glitter in this, I hate that. There's enough shimmer? to make my skin look alive and more awake but if you look closely you don't see any shimmer. It's pretty amazing they figured out a way to do that!

However, this does not cover red pimples or my dark undereye circles. I must use a separate concealer and avoid putting this on my pimples as I don't want to highlight those areas!
    I love the pump bottle and I actually love the scent. It doesn't linger too long and I find it pleasant - it's not perfumey at all, just fresh apricot.
    I wish I could see how much product is left in this so I know when to rebuy. I hope Bourjois doesn't discontinue it in favor of newer formulas.
    The longevity of this foundation is excellent. It's still on at the end of the day which is amazing since it's so sheer. I can't pile this on too much otherwise I look shiny but I'm happy with the coverage it gives me with just one pump.

(EDITED to add: I'm not sure if I mentioned this in my review but I'm taking off one lippie because this transfers like crazy!! If I blow my nose or touch my face it'll completely transfer off! Even if I set it with powder.)

If my review helped you, click yes below!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2012 2:17:00 AM More reviews by ritafaria

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this foundation: it is almost like a tinted moisturizing, but if you apply a little bit more in certain areas is a fantastic concealer. It is very smooth and leaves a fresh wash (almost no make up) look in your face. Really works for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by nonnacastaway

i buy claire rose
    i dont tink it match me well i ve yellow under tone
    once i put it it look so strange
    but after an ahour it looks good
    i feel my face natural
    but u cant say that im wearing foundation looooool
    ill not buy it again

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 8:36:00 AM More reviews by NatN

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a nice foundation for those who has no acne. It gives a nice glow to face but I don't recommend it for those with oily skin. It can make your skin oily within a few hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by ruggergirl

If MUFE F&B and Healthy Mix had a baby, I feel this would it. I love this stuff. I originally tried this as my Vitalumiere Aqua in B10 was looking a bit pasty, and MUFE F&B in 20 was a tad too dark, and I didn't want to splurge on another high end and not have it work for me either, so off I trotted to Boots in search of a good quality inexpensive foundation. And I found it.

I like my foundation to look like my skin, so if you are after heavy coverage and a made-up look, or have alot to conceal, then this is not for you.

For colour reference, I am about an NC/NW neutral 15-20 (if that makes any sense) and am neutral toned. I currently use one pump No. 71 and half a pump No. 72 (I immediately went back for more when I saw the finish of this foundation) or varying degrees of either of those depending on skintone that given day/week, and apply with a Sigma F80. While this foundation won't cover my dark circles (no natural looking foundation does, and that's what concealer is for) I do feel that the sleep effect claim is kind of warranted, in that it evens out my skintone and does not look like I am wearing foundation, therefore making me look well-rested.

Currently my skin is normal, with my T-zone leaning towards combination, and as others have noted, those with very oily skin may find this foundation too dewey. I lightly powder my t-zone only with MSFN or Chanel loose powder after application in the morning to combat any t-zone oilies, and have pressed powder in work for a lunchtime t-zone top-up if needed, using a brush to avoid a caked-on powdery look, which I'm more than happy to do, as this foundation has such a lovely natural finish that I'm more than willing to make it work for me. Also, I am currently finishing off a quite tacky feeling sunscreen (vichy) and hope this issue this will sort with a more suitable sunscreen.

As the texture of this foundation is so light and fluid, it's also ideal for mixing with other foundations too. For slightly more coverage, sleep effect is beautiful when mixed with Vitalumiere Aqua, and, for me at least, it appears to counter-balance the drying effect of the high alcohol content of VA.

I'm currently chasing back-ups of this already, a first for this foundation-junkie.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by alwayysbluee

This foundation has a very light and clean scent which I like. It gives light to medium coverage which I also like. However, the finish is not very matte and it leaves my nose and forehead shiny. I remedy this with finishing powder but I wish I didn't have to remedy it in the first place. But overall a very good foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by hellozainab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the healthy mix foundation, as well as this. I recently swapped foundations as I've gone a little tan and I wanted something more light weight.
    I've tried numerous foundations (from high end to high street); Bourjois is definitely my favourite though.
    At first you may be surprised by how runny and thin the foundation is, do not be alarmed! It is a thin and water based foundation. Which means this sits very lightly on the skin, you feel as though there is nothing on- however if you look in the mirror you'll see flawless and beautiful skin. I have never been a fan of heavy coverage foundation. I've had spots, and I have acne scarring- but the best look isn't to trowel colourstay or HD foundation on! The best is to look glowy and dewy, and to conceal your blemishes lightly. This will always give you a more lovely and natural look.
    Which this foundation most definitely does.
    I have it in 'Beige Clair'. Which is their third lightest shade, it's great for fair skinned girls who tan. It looks so stunning on, especially when gently stippled on.
    I am definitely going back to buy a lighter colour for winter/fall as well- I rather like it more than my healthy mix!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by prettymar

HG foundation!!!!! Don't think I will look any further as I am truly in love!!! I wasn't able to find the exact color match even when I mixed two together (find them a little pink) but when mixed with different foundations from different brands it blends beautifully!!! It doesn't separate or cake up at all and adds a dewy glow to whatever foundation i'm mixing it with. Believe it or not but my makeup hasn't been the same since I started using this. EVERYONE compliments me and I mean EVERYONE.
    I do agree with a lot of the ladies here...it is very sheer and it will just perfect an already decent complexion but as I said, can be mixed with others so play around with it!! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2012 9:04:00 AM More reviews by Farnhead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I puchased this in the shade 53, I am the equivalent to MAC NC35. This does have a nice dewy look, but I dont like the rose scent and again my skin didnt like this and gave me a few spots.

It offers minimum coverage, over priced and doesnt last very long. The colour is also a pink understone, healthy mix matched a bit more for my yellow undertone skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by wonderblue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I took a bit of a risk buying this foundation after my unfavourable experience with healthy mix, but I was pleasantly suprised. This is a light coverage foundation that can be built to a light/medium finish. Also I think I was very lucky in that the lightest colour was a perfect match for me. The texture is fantastic and easy to blend. Weirdly this left me with a lovely glow to my skin and given that this seems to be touted as more moisturising than healthy mix I am suprised because healthy mix made me look like a greaseball. However like the healthy mix it made me break out on my forehead in small bumps. I think I must react to something in these foundations. Overall though I really liked it and was so disappointed to have to put it to the back of my makeup draw because of the spot issue as it really did look lovely. (I used this in winter when my skin was drier so I would recomend this for normal/slightly dry although if you have a slightly oily face you may just be able to get away with it with a good powder and some blotting paper).