August 21, 2014 | 1846 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Infiniti Tourmaline Hair Designer

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2007 3:56:00 AM More reviews by star2007

I've had this blowdryer since September so it's been a year or so. I really like how it has a comb attachment like Japanese models but love how you can take it off and use it as a regular hair dryer as well.

For the combination, I think it's worth the $60, especially with the ionic and tourmaline technology. My hair is straight but I'm too much of a klutz to master the brush-and-hair-dryer technique so this is perfect for me. You have to dry your hair on high heat (also comes with a nozzle that helps you direct the heat in one spot) and then use the comb attachment when your hair is mostly dry. My bangs are not that long or big enough to use the attachment, so I tend to make a part in it and blow dry it that way, roots first. With the comb, I only have to swivel it in two directions and run it through a section of my hair a few times in order to get that slight curl inwards at the ends. The first few times I used this, I got a few compliments on my hair when the style itself hadn't changed much at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2007 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Lynsi01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

this is for the hot air brush style of infiniti hair designer. i picked this up at target for about $40.00. My hair is shoulder length, way, fine but dense, and color treated. it's usually flat as a pancake and gets oily from my forehead throughout the day. I'm hesitant to try these brush type stylers because my hair tangles horribly and then breaks, etc. Well, this is totally different. It took some practice, but by the third time I used this I was a whiz at it. I use it on my towel dried hair and I go up underneath my hair to create volume. My hair usually is fairly straight after a blowdry but it's not very smooth and there's that bit of a wave in it that just won't go away. After using this though, I can't see a way to live without it. It gives me THE MOST AMAZING VOLUME EVER and it keeps it in ALL DAY. it leaves my hair super smooth and shiny, never static-y. I love this thing. I don't see how well it would work for thicker hair though. And the one thing that could be done to improve it is to create some sort of lift off thing from the brush to clean it off of the loose hairs that get in there. it doesn't take me any longer to dry my hair with this, in fact, I think it's sped up my morning routine. i love it and think it's worth a shot if you have my hair type!!

Update: I've had to buy 2 more of these because they keep breaking! I quit!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2007 4:29:00 PM More reviews by beanpot

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this styler today and was pleased at how easily it gave me a blowout. I have a ton of hair, wavy with medium texture. It is not a perfect blowout, because my hair came out with a slighly wave still at the end, but those end waves are extremely stubborn and the only time I've had them straight is when I've gone to a salon. Overall my hair came out a bit better than I can do with a round brush and a regular blowdryer. And its super easy! Another caveat is that if you have thick hair you definitely need to do about 5 minutes of pre-drying before you use this. To keep this in perspective my hair takes about 5 hours to airdry.

Edited to add: I am reviewing the new hot air brush type of Infinity Designer, I think the other reviews might be for an older version but I'm not sure. Mine does not have attachments, but the name of it is the same.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2007 10:08:00 PM More reviews by ultimagrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

**Updated Sept 2007 with pics - see below**

First I tried the Wet/Dry styler and took it back because it actually seemed to make my hair more frizzy and took for freaking ever to dry my hair (700 watts ain't much on beyond shoulder length hair). So, I liked the concept of the straightening attachment so I took the styler back and bought the hair designer.

Overall this is not a bad styler. Like I said, I like the attachment concept and I actually found it easy to use. While I still used two hands to style my hair by holding out the section I was working on with the dryer, I did like that I didn't have to use a brush while drying.

What I didn't like is that I didn't get the straight, shiny, frizz free hair that the box says that I'll have. In fact, the ends of my hair seemed dryer and more frizzy than normal and my thick but fine textured with natural body hair really wasn't that straight. Now, I certainly didn't think that I'd get hair as straight as I do with my Chi straight iron but, unfortunately, this didn't get my hair any straighter than it does when I use my Vidal Sasoon hair dryer and my big round brush. So....with that, I don't think the overall look is worth the $60 I paid for the dryer, it's going back to live at the store and I won't repurchase.

**Update Sept 2007 - Well, the heating element in my Vidal Sassoon dryer went out so I grabbed this one out of the closet. I changed my rating because I think I may have found the product combination that works with this dryer. I used Aveda's Hang Straight and then followed with Brilliant Anti-Humectant pomade which I used on my hair both wet and then dry (as a finishing product). I like the results enough that I'll try it again tomorrow.

Back:

Front:

continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2007 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Vivian123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this dryer/straightener! My hair is THICK and really curly. While it still takes me awhile to dry my hair because it's so thick, this tool does such a great job of straightening that I don't have to follow up with a flat iron, which is incredible. Also, it's great for touch ups...I just spritz my hair with a bit of water and run my hair through the comb on high heat. Makes my hair shiny and manageable. Would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2007 7:33:00 PM More reviews by eyedrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is my sister laura who is dictating this review. she's not really a mua girl but she looooooves this infiniti blowdryer:

i just wanna get down to the basics, everyone knows what this is about. mainly what i want to say is how helpful this is for a person who is not coordinated to use a blowdryer and a hairbrush at the same time to straighten. my hair is frizzy/wavy and develops an odd "bump/curve" in the hair all the way around the head when i've used any other blowdryers. i was sick of putting my hair in a ponytail every single day and excited to try this blowdryer. it does everything it says it will, although it doesn't do bangs very well, imo. i love that the brush attachment swivels but it doesn't always stay locked into place. it wasn't difficult to figure out how to use and i am always happy with the results.

ps, laura (that's my sister) has gotten tons of compliments on her hair. she's a teacher and even her students tell her, "mrs. phillips, your hair looks really nice!"

laura says that's true. that's all i want to say, i just like it.

the happy end!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2007 10:03:00 AM More reviews by reddish79

This was given to me as a gift for my birthday( that's why I gave it a 3, if it was not given to me as a gift, i would purchase for my self). I really like this blowdryer-styler. It does what they claim it to do and it's pretty easy to use. May hair comes out straight and no use for flat iron use afterwards. However, my hair feels a little rough and my ends feel a little dry, so I would recommend using some type of heat-styling treatment and you cannot use this when your hair is soaking wet. You have to towel-air dry 50% or so before you blow-dry.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2007 3:23:00 PM More reviews by DominoBond

I have mixed feelings about this blowdryer... The first time I used it, I got good results but it took me a while to figure it out and my blowdrying lasted longer than it usually does. I've only had it for close to a month now and while I am starting to like it more and more, I don't think I would buy it again. It is a little hard to use and the attachments feel hard against your scalp. It does make the hair very smooth and extremely straight though so it is worth it in that respect. I don't think its worth the $60 personally but for extremely straight hair without using a straightening iron, it does the job! I would say buy it if you want very straight hair and don't want to use an iron but don't buy it if you just want to dry you hair cause there are lots of other cheaper blowers out there that can do the job!

EDIT: I had to return it a mere 2 months after I bought it cause it was breaking and smelling like it was burning! It is not a good blowdryer and it not worth the $60!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2007 9:18:00 PM More reviews by ozfan

I finally caved and purchased this hair dryer after seeing some ads and reading some positive reviews on amazon.com. I have tried so many different things over the years to get that professional blowout look at home, but to no avail.

But this dryer is fantastic! Easy to use, lightweight, and it really delivers on what it promises. The triple-action system really does detangle, straighten, and add shine to your hair while you blow-dry it straight. I am SO glad I purchased this product! I really don't even need the high-end FHI straightening iron I bought about a month ago... it doesn't work half as good as this great little dryer.

I should note I have below shoulder length hair with long layers. I have fine hair, but lots of it, and it has an odd wave to it. Not sure how this would work on people with really curly hair.

I should also note that my wrists and arms normally kill me after trying to blow dry my hair straight with a regular dryer and round brush... like carpel tunnel syndrome bad. But now, no more wrist pain.

UPDATE 1/12/2008: Bummer. The hair dryer is dying on me. There is hardly any power left and yesterday I saw blue sparks flying out of it... can you say FIRE HAZARD? I wish I had filled out my registration card, maybe it is still under warranty... but I would think this dryer would have lasted longer than less than a year.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No