Simple Conditioning Eye Make-Up Remover

2.6

on 2/27/2011 6:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

it removes my eye make up well but if i have concealer, eyeliner, mascara and some eyeshadow on, i have to use this product about 2-3 time on a new piece of cotton wall for it to come off, and it kinda leaves my skin sore and feeling as if it has been stretched. im going to stick to the natural and quicker way of removing make up, and thats by using olive or almond oil, good luck girls.

on 2/18/2011 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Removes eye makeup fairly well if it is light. However, when having a few coats of mascara and liner on, it leaves a smudge under the eyes and even dousing a q-tip with the solution fails and swiping underneath the eye gently with it fails to clean it completely. ended up using a cream cleanser to thoroughly clean any residue.

on 1/31/2011 6:03:00 PM

I have quite sensitive eyes, so as Simple is meant to be all about sensitive skin, I thought I would give it a try. It is pretty good at getting off day to day eye makeup (although I've never tried it on waterproof mascara), but I do find I have to use two cotton balls worth for each eye, meaning a bottle doesn't really last that long. However, I have found that the one thing it DOES do, which I thought it wouldn't, is make my eyes sting. I have to be sure to wash my face thoroughly after using this because if even a little bit gets into my eyes they water like crazy and really hurt. Having said that, I still prefer this to some of the others I've tried as it's not oily or greasy and does the job it was designed to do. You just have to remember to wash your face and eyes well afterwards!

on 1/23/2011 12:18:00 PM

This is indeed a horrible product that makes your eyes sting which is a surprise as Simple products generally contain very few nasties. Instead, I can highly recommend using their Cleansing Lotion as a cream e/m remover. You apply it directly to closed eyes, rather than the pad rub it all over - this doesn't sting one bit providing your eye is closed - then wipe off with a cotton pad. Simple and effective!

on 12/30/2010 9:07:00 AM

This stings my eyes! Worst eye make-up remover I have ever used

on 11/29/2010 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ok, so, I bought this for $12 at Priceline two weeks ago, and, dear Lord, what a complete waste of money. I hate writing bad reviews, but I think people should be warned of this one!!
I don't have sensitive skin at all, but I have a Simple Toner which I like, so I thought the Makeup Remover would be nice too; but I couldn't have been more wrong. This stings my eyes (so much for being a skincare brand for sensitive skin), makes my skin red and plasticky, and does not remover even non-waterproof mascara.
I hate this, I'm sorry, but it's true.

on 11/23/2010 2:31:00 PM

My experience with this one is just the same as the previous reviewer. I had a really hard time trying to remove my mascara with this one, and it left my skin red and sore.

Bought this because I thought it would be gentle on my eyes and claims to remove waterproof mascara. I found that it took a long time to remove my eye make-up and it left faint smudges where my eyeliner was. It didn't remove the waterproof mascara and made the skin around my eyes red and sore, and stung my eyes.

Love this product! No oily residue or whatsoever!

on 10/1/2010 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My eyes are so sensitive to makeup remover that at one point, I wouldn't wear eye makeup because I couldn't use a remover and it hurt too much. I found this and for a while, it worked and I didn't react to it. When I got to the end of the bottle however, my eyes started to react to it. Sucked.