MAC 134 Large Powder Brush

4.5

on 7/25/2010 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

i love this brush....its expensive yes....but its very soft (at least mine is)....its flathead so i use it for bronzer...i could use it other ways but so far i just used it with my fav bronzer...i have wash it already and still soft....doesnt shed...i have the costal essence, and the sigma dupe...but they arent the same...costal essence sheds like crazy, and the sigma one is too fluffy...the mac 134 brush so far its one of my favorite face brushes :)

on 7/23/2010 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Dear god, this brush is SO scratchy! Terrible quality, not worth the price. My Quo brushes are similar or better quality for a fraction of the price.

on 7/15/2010 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

after reading the review here, i have decided to give this brush a try, i have been using the armani one and the stila one, they were okay, but i wasnt particular happy with them.

but this baby is divine!!! love the flat head, not only that, it's also fluffy and full... picks up the right amout of powder and it does its job perfect... i will def get another one if i happen to lose hold of this!! a big thumb up for this power brush!!!

on 7/15/2010 3:31:00 AM

This is not the most pricey brush I have come across. However, for the quality it is still too pricey. The brush is scratchy on my face. Although it is a lot better than Chanel's powder brush, it is not even close to other high quality goat hair brushes like the hakuhodo ones. Overall I was very disappointed.

on 7/14/2010 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'd been wanting this blush for AGES but kept putting it off because of the price (35! Ridiculous)...but I finally caved in 2 weeks ago. This brush is pretty big, which I like. I use this for pressed powders, blush, and occasionally contour and highlight. It's quite multipurpose. Doesn't shed on me either. I hate washing it though - the soap takes years to fully come out of the brush hairs. It doesn't feel scratchy or hard on my face, but isn't incredibly soft either. I like using it because it gives me a fine layer of powder instead of caking it on like a kabuki brush would. Very easy to build up blush intensity with this brush too.

on 6/21/2010 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this brush because of all the hype, again... I like it that it's really big and fluffy but I expected the bristles to be softer. This is why I'm a little dissapointed. It's not as soft as I thought.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I had this brush for 2 months now and I'm starting to like it more. I expected to be more soft but I don't want to complain since I only paid $36.50 at my local CCO. It's probably the largest brush I own so it's great for all over powder and bronzer application but it's also been working nicely as contour brush. It never sheds but it did bleed first few times when I washed it. Overall, a great brush!

on 6/6/2010 8:48:00 PM

I've been using this brush for a couple of months now and I love it. The size of the brush head is huge but it does a wonderful job with loose and pressed powders and, to my surprise, bronzer! It applies less and brushes on products differently from my 182 kabuki and 187 stippling brush.

The goat hair is super soft and I can see this brush lasting me a long time, like my MAC brush from when I was in high school. The only thing I don't like is the price. Super expensive, but well worth it. The paddle shape and size will give you a completely different finish with your products.

on 5/16/2010 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Awesome brush. Quick and effortless application. A bit pricey but it's well worth it. I used it for my MUFE HD Powder.

on 5/4/2010 5:52:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I just bought this brush and I have to say....its Love! I was specifically looking for a brush to apply bronzer. As I am trying to be budget conscious, I extensively researched reviews for various bronzer brushes from mid-tier prices to higher end prices. The Sephora brand bronzer brush received high ratings but when I went to the store to look at it, the head of the brush was too small and densely packed. As I don't want a brush that is going to apply a blob of concentrated color in one spot, I immediately thought this brush wouldn't suit my need. I then tried the MAC 134 and it was love at first sight. The brush allowed a diffused bronzed effect that made my cheek appear more defined but not un-naturally so. I am sure that if you wanted more definition you could layer it for effect. The added plus was that it was so easy to use. I swabbed the edge of the brush in the powder and made the 3 motion. The effect is gorgeous. It can also be used for loose powder application as well. As I am sure this brush will last a long time with tender care, it was well worth the investment for me.

Top Rated MAC Products