November 21, 2014 | 1763 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2014 7:06:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

This foundation is useles!! Is this a joke?? It doesn't cover anything!!
Is cakey, it clings on dry cheeks even with moisturiser, doesn't cover even my pores and it makes them bigger and gunky and it just looks weird on my face.
Very very disappointed!

And you can see that the reviewer above me works for Vichy or something because she wrote such a great review right after I wrote mine!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by jlin0913

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a full coverage foundation and there is a lot of product in the tube. I found that this evened out my skin quite nicely since i have alot of acne scars and active acne. The foundation stays on my skin all day long for at least a good 6 hours. I brush matte powder on top and im good to go. It can stay to look mucky at the end of the day and can sometimes look cakey upon application so primer is key. I dont think i would repurchase because id like to try other foundations.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by biojenni

i bought it because my acne i was looking coverage, has a amzing coverage but is too oily,my skin is oily and wearing this my face turns in a oil source ,it was horrible how oily can get. If you have oily skin this is not for you i was very desapointed

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 5:00:00 AM More reviews by monchichi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely do not like this foundation. The packaging is very bad: sometimes the product leaks out of it. The color (nude) leans towards the yellow side and has nothing with 'life' in it. A truly flat color. Once on the skin you just look dull. On itself it doesn't look like a mask, but the color is so very flat that it gives a fake appearence. I also do think it feels rather heavy which is maybe not entire honoust to write, because maybe it is not possible to make such a high coverage foundation light. The product itself has no stayingpower whatsoever altough I have normal, balanced skin. After six hours there is almost nothing left. As the directions say, I bought the matching powder and OK, it was better, but at which price: it felt enormous on my skin and was sure that my skin couldn't breath. For some reason it didn't broke me out despite the hefty feeling. That's why I still give it a two. I cannot believe that someone is looking truly good with this foundation. Obviously I will not buy this foundation again. To say the truth: it's in the trash can right now.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by MacPeetster

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've just started using this. I got quite a few samples in different shades. It's spring now and my skin has started tanning. Therefore it's difficult to buy a shade now. I think I'll buy my lightest wintershade and the darkest for mid-summer and I can mix and match the two colours year round. Probably I'll get both Nude and either Gold or Bronze. My skintone differs quite a bit depending on the season, from around nc25 in winter to nc40 high summer. I hesitated between this one or the EL Maximum Cover. I also tried that one and it's great too, but slightly more cakey. I don't know which one covers better, but I think it's the Vichy one. Even though that one is more natural, which is strange.. In summer my skin gets slightly oily so I do use a powder on top. I really love it! And I've tried quite a bunch of foundations. The most recent one being the EL Double Wear, which I also like very much. I'd recommend. I'll go to the store tomorrow and buy the two shades! Perhaps I'll also buy the stick foundation/concealer!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Zee99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay so I usually never review products. But I feel the need to because this foundation is amazing. I have really bad scarring on the right side of my face and this covers it better than any other foundation I have ever tried. I have tried ALOT of foundations. This even covers better than my concealers. I have used every concealer under the sun and nothing covers my scars like this foundation does.

You DO need a powder with this, though. I dont mind because I use powder to set my foundation anyway.

If you are on the fence about this, buy it! If you dont like it you can always take it back at most places :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by asmolkin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tested this out today. It really holds up! But I feel wearing this everyday just wouldn't be good - your skin won't be able to breath. It is a fine balance. so far, I think it is good for my skin, but I just don't think wearing it everyday would be. Maybe only because it holds so good, you don't feel like removing it!

I don't find it very pigmented, and I like a pigmented makeup. I find that it is like a translucent makeup, which is ok, once in a while, but that doesn't make your skin look especially beautiful. So if this had more pigment, this foundation would be unbelievable. Nevertheless it's stay in place nature, made me look flawless enough under natural light, and I really can't complain. I have this in sand, maybe other shades would be more pigmented but I honestly did not find any pigment in it. This makeup leaves my skin feeling waxy while it is on, and even after I have washed it off completely and showered, so I really cannot emphasize how I don't think this in an everyday foundation, and that your skin would not be able to breath. This is good, say if you are going to have a really trying or emotional day, maybe if you are giving birth, if you are going to be somewhere for a long period of time and won't be able to refresh your makeup, this kind of a situation. ,,,,It also feels sticky on the skin. It has the potential to leave streak marks, so be careful with application. If you have a lot of problems to cover like scars, then this could be good. I simply don't think it is necessary for people like me. My skin does not have a lot of scars.

So I shall continue to look for long wear makeup which maybe has more emphasis on shades, is a bit more breathable.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Pilky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Foundation that looks great, doesn't cake and stays where you put it till you take it off! Can't ask for more than that!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2014 7:02:00 AM More reviews by binty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sorry not to join the party on this one but I can only concur that I got a 'faulty one', which I bought from Escentual, a reputable online retailer.My fizzhog is mostly normal with occasional dry ,sensitive spats. I have tried it all ways, light , layered, mixed in with the brands on tinted cream, on its own , with aveue red corrective underneath,without, looked at the brands own videos to see if i was doing it wrong, even tried Wayne Goss (gossmakeupartist on youtube) putting facepowder on after moisturising and the foundation last, but give me 4 hours in and it disappears, no matter what method I use , stippling blending, fingers. I now know the matt look doesn't suit me. If I had paid full price, I would have been really really annoyed but as it is I am just mildly peeved.
It is a very thin liquid, is it supposed to be that runny so it spills out of the tube very easily?. It had the same effect as one part paint to 4 parts water, when dries the original colour comes through only paler and looks dry.
Sorry face, but the billiard ball look is the only look I can achieve with this.I will check the ones in town on their texture, but honestly? I won't buy this one again.

Edit (1st of may) just going to change my skincare routine in the morning, and see how that goes. will report back, as the weather is changing so heading towards lighter moisturisers etc.

Now it is the 2nd June, I haven't used it every day, but changes to my skin routine and weather changes,I still cannot make it work. Put it on this morning and it felt cakey and drying. Really disappointed. As I am not travelling back in time to a 17th century ball with my heart shaped beauty spot and wearing a mask and repeating "La Sir" constantly, I have scared the cat with the unceremonious thud of it hitting the bin as I won't pass it on.

On an additional note I bought the" Vichy sheer radiance tinted moisturiser with vitamins and minerals", I thought I'd got the lightest shade but it is too dark, but the difference is between the two that the TM is far nicer to wear ,just just not for fair, yellow toned skin (bare essentials fairly light is my foundation colour that is my close match) As always I hope the above info helps, ta ta for now :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2014 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Tushky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My skin: oily and acne-prone

I bought this foundation some months ago, when I started having some horrrrrible brake-outs...imagine big, cystic acne, which seems to heal in a very long time(all due to some thyroid problems).

I have to say that I love the coverage! It is really full, so you have to take care to blend it really well and do not apply to much(if you don't want to look like The Mask). I like to apply a thin layer with the Sigma F80 brush and after use it as a spot concealer. This way it looks more natural and I get perfect coverage where i need. Sometimes, when my skin is better, I use a lighter foundation all over my face and this one just as a concealer.

If you have oily skin like me, you will have to use a mattifying powder. Otherwise, you will look really greasy after 2h. This kind of dewy finish and the fact that it transfers easily are my only cons.

This is not a foundation that I would choose to use constantly, but for the days when my skin is out of control, this is my first option. So, i would definitely buy again and have it all the time in my makeup bag.