December 21, 2014 | 1862 users online

Eyeliner - Kanebo - KATE Gel Eye Liner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2011 6:03:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this when I was in Japan a few years back, when this came with the eyeliner brush as a package, not seperately.

That being said, it was worth it alone for the brush (price-wise) and the gel liner was alright, nothing to rave about. I used it while I had it, and I liked the packaging since the amount was much smaller than the oversized larger ones from HE lines, which meant that I had less time for this to dry out before I finished it.

That being said, I won't repurchase as it wasn't nearly black/opaque enough for me, and it did flake on me. :/

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2011 5:07:00 AM More reviews by ulliellax

last year when i was in HK i saw a girl looking at this product and out of randomness and also cuz i've been meaning to test out a gel liner (instead of liquid/pencil) .. i went last may and now its may again and i still haven't ran out and i've been using it almost daily. most liners usually smudge and wear off during the day but when i use this i dont have to worry about it! sometimes i also keep it on when i go shower and it stays on too!! (keep in mind trying to not get water in my eyes and rubbing it) and few times it stayed on for days when im out all day long (early mornings and late nights/next day) i'm so in love with this. very very satisfying product. i told my friend who's going back to HK this year to pick it up for me again!!! very excited :) oh and as for price wise, its definately worth it. and packaging wise, the brush is fantastic and the pot .. just make sure you twist it tightly. i've had mine for a year and it still goes on smoothly!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2011 2:07:00 AM More reviews by scarlettchan

This is the first gel eyeliner I have tried. It is easy to use and black enough to give my eyes a pop. But it doesn't have a staying power on the waterline. It stays well on the upper lashline, but I like to put it on waterline as well but it disappears after 2-3 hours of applying it, especially on the outer corner of my eyes, the problem is I don't really have much oil there.
And it flakes as well and little pieces go into my eyes. I wear contacts so it hurts me a lot. It is cheap but not in good quality so I will not purchase it again and never recommend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I asked my friend to pick this up for me in Hong Kong b/c I had heard great reviews about it--totally met my expectations! It's smooth and applies really well and lasts all day without smearing/smudging. Absolutely love it. I thought my Maybelline gel liner was my favorite, but I think this is my new fave.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by dilllll90

I heard raves about this one, as it's pretty much to the famous Bobbi Brown one. So I tried.

Paid around 15 bucks for it and I have to say, I'm quite happy with the result.
Pro:
--For my extremely smudge-vulnerable eyes, it does not smudge badly;
--Amazingly, it does not overdy crazily, unlike other anti-smudge thing I use --Kiss Me;
--Not that difficult to take it off, do use makeup remover though;
--For a non-eyeliner person, the brush is neither too hard to hurt my eyes, nor too soft to apply on. It is not that difficult to apply it at all, unlike some liquid or pencil eyeliners I'd used;
Cons:
--Do twist the bottle tight or it will dry over time;
--Do clean your brush weekly or it will be comtaminated, and do not share brush with anyone, and try to cover it when not using it;
--Choose gentil eye makeup remover, the ones with oil rather than the ones with alcohol, still require some effort to take it off so hold your hand steady and don't apply it while driving because one false stroke will require some un-dos;
But it's worthy every penny I paid, it is pretty close to BB one with half of the price, and it will give astonishing results, esp for night parties if you use it wisely.

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2010 5:12:00 AM More reviews by onewingleft

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

you know, you can actually buy the kate brush, without having to buy the whole gel liner. cheaper that way. Here's the link:
cheers.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2010 12:32:00 PM More reviews by raidervamp_05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i have the oilest eyelids. ive tried mac fluidline and bobbi brown's gel liner.. and they smudge. yes, i know.. i almost gave up on gel liners.. till i saw kate at watsons in singapore and read the reviews here and i gave it a try. it was unbelievable easy to use and did not smudge at all! it gave a really nice colour!! its my HG now! :D im so glad i bought it! i tried brown colour as well, it was super good. the staying power was just as good! however, the price of it was rather higher than other drugstore brands.. but im not complaining as long as i am able to find a nice decent liner to line my eyes without smudging! yay!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2010 8:09:00 AM More reviews by Cherrybello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I own quite a few Japanese drugstore gel eyeliner, aside from my Cosmetex Roland one, this has the most tendency to either do a David Copperfield or migrate to where the eyeline meets my eyelid. It still does the same thing though, just not as conspiciously when I use UDPP to try and make it stay. On top of that, I bought it for about 6 month now, I hardly ever open it, and keeps it standing on its head for the sake of it not drying out... it's still drying out and becoming clumpy... I only ever use it now to practice my eyelines... but before it gets all dry and clumpy, it does have a rather smooth texture and it's quite pigmented. I have to say, the brush it comes with is amazing, its just as good as my BB ultra fine liner brush, no matter how often and roughly I wash it, it doesn't flay or anything! So I switch between these 2. Took 1 lippie off for the staying power, 1 more off for drying out too fast :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2010 10:46:00 AM More reviews by schixzotic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is the absolute HG in gel eyeliners. It's cheap, it comes with a brush, and all for SGD 25!!! I bought this in black 2 days ago, and I am LOVING this gel eyeliner like I have never loved any other gel eyeliner. It stays on regardless of how much I tear (from yawning, which I do a lot of haha) or how much I sweat! Today it's lasted me 10h and counting without touchup or smudging!! And mind you, I live in a country that's practically sitting on the equator (read: REALLY hot and humid!).
Single-lidded Asians, this product was MADE for you. Whereas MAC and Bobbi Brown both come off on the bottom part of the top lid where it folds over and out of sight, this one STAYS ON. It would probably stay on in a typhoon.
The brush that it comes with is ten times better than my MAC and Bobbi Brown eyeliner brushes (yes even the award winning Ultra Fine one), and if I ever lost the brush, I would buy this product again JUST for it. It's the BEST.
Previous brands of gel eyeliner tried: MAC Fluidline, Bobbi Brown.
P.S.: I note that some users have commented that the silver and gold versions of this aren't good, but the saleslady explained to me that those colours are not meant to be eyeliners per se - it's for you to mix with your black or brown eyeliners before application as you please, or to go over a line already drawn for a gold/silver shimmery highlight. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by maashi

By the sounds of it, most people here are reviewing black and brown (dark shades at least), I haven't tried those so can't comment here. This is a review for gold (GD-1).

A friend let me this to try so I can foray into the world of gel eyeliner... hmmm, not a good first impression! Very glittery and I can't get a smooth line out of it. We have agreed that it is the problem with the formula - it really is glitter mania, you're probably better to use this as eyeshadow, albeit a rather bling one, I'm a bit old for it... (I have since tried other gels and I think this is just a bad one off...)