October 1, 2014 | 1159 users online

Lip Treatments - Chapstick - Medicated

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've used this for about 7 years and I do agree with everyone that it is a good product. It used to be my holy grail until I discovered Jack Black lip balm. I find with Jack Black that I do not have to reapply as often and it also stays on longer. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Deadhead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOL I can't believe I'm reviewing Chapstick. Good ol Chapstick. What's not to love about this stuff? The medicated one is my favorite because it has that little tingle after you apply it, I guess it's menthol or peppermint. Actually, I also really love the original formula (black tube)... it just has that particular scent that reminds me of being a kid and playing in the snow. I love Chapstick and always find tubes of it in the pockets of my jackets! :)

If you've picked at a pimple and have been left with a scabby spot, you can put a smudge of Chapstick on it and your makeup will stick to it better, instead of flaking off or weeping away.

I use night and wake up with moisturized lips. Sometimes I rub it into my cuticles if they're looking nasty. I've even used the original one as an eyecream on a pinch.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by gracielasmommie

I LOVE THIS STUFF! I can't live with out it, literally. My lips just don't feel the same without it! It's so refreshing when my lips get dry or chapped it keeps them soft and moisturized. I have one in my purse, car, makeupkit, kitchen & bathroom no joke.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 1:01:00 PM More reviews by gogoamy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

HG! My husband and I both love this stuff. We keep one everywhere so we are never without it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by jl74

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've tried so many different brands and types of chapstick/lip balm/lip treatment and this is definitely by far the best product in geting the job done. Other ones often dry out my lips after a few minutes but this one lasts! The only reason I am not able to give a 5 is that I'd like it to smell a bit more nicely. It just smells like vaseline with a bit of menthol on it. But I don't care as long as it keeps my lips moist and heals any cracks during the winter months.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This chapstick here is my all time favorite! It's creamy, soothing, moisturizing and stays on for hours.Unlike other chapsticks that just sit on the lips witout penetrating them and thus, require reapplication, this chapstick penetrates the lips, making reapplication unneccessary! It could do for my chronically dry lips what other brands such as Labello and Blistex didn't come close to doing, and at half the price. That's why I've been a loyal user for 9 years and still counting. This is my HG and I will never be without it. Excellent as a night treatmet and as a primer before lipstick/gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 3:47:00 PM More reviews by TrippyPixie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Towards the end of November, I was using a skincare product that gave me a horrible reaction around the mouth area. My mouth, though in reality it wasn't, felt like it was burned. That whole area was dry, and my lips also had started to crack and peel horrendously. It cracked even more when I talked, and hurt constantly. Also, there are horrible winters where I live, so my mouth had no break. (I also have a terrible habit of licking my lips, and it sadly was the only form of relief. However, this ultimately led to my lips becoming worse.)

I had used Aquaphor (my usual miracle-worker) and other lip balms like a crazy person, but none worked. It looked like the skin around my lips was molting! It was nasty. I exfoliated gently with sugar and a toothbrush and would moisturize after, but it still didn't work. I looked so pathetic, with horrendously peeling, bright red lips, and there was nothing I could do about it. (I even had some close family members say to me: "Oh, you poor thing!" Another family member commented that it looked as if my lips had been shredded, as if my mouth had been too close to a paper shredder or a cheese grater.)

However, this came into my life and has been helping so much. When I put this on, the flakes aren't as noticeable. It's only been a week since I started using this, and it's been working so terrifically. The smell is very off-putting, but I deal with it because this product has helped the most, even trumping my beloved Aquaphor. (My lips were just too damaged for Aquaphor to help.) There's also a tingly, minty feeling after I put this on.

Since it's helped my mouth so much, I will definitely buy again. The only thing that would make this absolutely perfect would be if it had SPF, but given how much this has helped my mouth, I'm not complaining at all. I'm also not a big fan of the tingling, especially since it's wintertime as I type this. Coolness on my lips is not what I want to feel outside. Also, one other complaint: This kind of takes away the color from your lips. Otherwise, though, this stuff is nearly perfect.

**UPDATE: 2/4/2011**
I absolutely love this stuff. Love it! I used up my first tube in a month. Usually, it takes me more than 3 months to finish up any sort of product (if at all), so that I finished the tube that quickly is really saying something. After I ran out, my lips started to go bad again. (We just got a massive blizzard where I live, which is probably the reason why.)

After running out, I got two more tubes, to be sure I'm not without it for a while. Since I've started using this again, my lips have been going back to normal. I've gotten used to the smell of this stuff, but it still isn't pleasant. The tingling is okay, but it's bothersome right now because of the blizzard, due to the low temperatures and crazy wind.

This is an absolute HG product for me! And that's saying something, since I've NEVER had any sort of HG product. It takes a lot to impress me, and this has!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 8:00:00 AM More reviews by queenofthenile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only lip balm that prevents my lips from peeling in the winter, and it doesn't require constant application either...I only use it in the morning and right before going to bed. It also keeps them super smooth, allowing my lipstick to go on flawlessly. It doesn't leave any white residue on your lips like some lip balms do, and the scent is quite nice. Will buy again and again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 3:13:00 PM More reviews by thevnilly

Hands down the best lip moisturizer I've ever tried; and I've tried too many to count!

I haven't tried all the varieties of Chapstick, but out of the ones I have tried Medicated is the best. It's the only thing that leaves my lips feeling plump, slick, & moisturized. And the slight tingly feeling the "medication" leaves is a nice added bonus. I'll be a buyer for life. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by thebobcat64

One of my favorite things to keep my lips soft. I always have this, carmex or blistex with me.