September 30, 2014 | 1733 users online

Styling Products - TiGi - S-Factor Heat Defender - Flat Iron Shine Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by OhRandi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this stuff. It's a must for anyone that subjects their hair to heat tools. It is pricey, BUT it lasts forever as you only need a little bit. (Overdo it and you'll have really greasy feeling hair, ask me how I know..) I am addicted to the way it smells, it smells like shock tarts to me. I guess it's working, I use heat all the time and my hair isn't damaged hardly at all. Definitely worth a try, CHI ironguard made my hair feel weird. I like this much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Zandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product works amazing on my blonde curly hair for both blowing it out/ironing straight or for taming frizz while defusing and curling. I've for sure noticed an improved look to my hair, health wise; there's less breakage. And I love the candy smell of this product. A little goes a long way. I just ran out the other day (bottle lasted about 4 months or so) and my hair isn't as polished looking with out it. Only downer is the price (about $35 CAD) but good stuff is worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by aquatic

This is by far the best heat protectant I have ever used. I've tried a ton of drugstore heat protectants and high end products but nothing compares to this! The whole S Factor line smells absolutely amazing and the Heat Defender follows suit :o)
This product is very lightweight but I can tell when I use it that it does the trick. There's no doubt in my mind that this protects my hair from heat damage. It doesn't wet the hair, so I straighten right after I apply it. When I was using Tresseme's heat protectant, I'd have to wait for my hair to dry after in order to straighten it.
The only down side is the cost. I have quite a heavy hand when I use this because I'd rather be safe than sorry. It comes in a fairly small bottle for a fairly high price. It's worth it, though.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by nols

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the lightest and best smelling heat protectant I have ever used! And Iíve used a few Ė Ghd, Paul Mitchell, Tresseme, Kerastase, Wella and Redken. The protectant is packaged in a 125ml clear plastic bottle with a pump spray and retails for £13.50. I do find the packaging of this product a little Ďcheaperí than the rest of the range, but it hasnít given me any hassles thus far, so itís not a big deal to me. The product is dispensed as a very fine mist and smells lovely and fruity. It protects well against heat damage and leaves my hair with a lovely natural lustre. Another big like, is that it doesnít way my hair down or leave it greasy looking. Thumbs up!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by idhren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is serisosly the best heat defender I have used, and I have used a lot of them. It's like oil in structure, and it CAN weigh your hair down. To me that is proof of how amazing it is, normally NOTHING, I mean nothing can get my wild curls in place, let alone weighing them down. I add a little matte wax to lift my hair back up after I have straghtened it.

It's not yucky sticky, it's not bad smelling, it doesn't leave your har feeling like it's filled with product, quite the contrary. I love it. It doesn't provide any hold, so that's a minus, but it makes the hair feel so silky and shiny that I can't help but be amazed.

Pretty expensive compared to some other products, especially when sold in hair salongs, so make sure to make the best deal online.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 8:20:00 AM More reviews by VanillaCreme8

Amazing product!!! I spray it in dry hair before using my GHD, and i love the results!! It makes my hair appear instantly shiny, smooth and healthy. The product is also very lightweight and smells delicious. While it is expensive for only 125mls ($32.00 in Australia!) and the packaging is flimsy, i would definitely purchase it again (but will use it sparingly!).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by navalon

I absolutely adore this stuff! Heat protection, shine, smooth and soft! I apply it before using my flat iron (mine is from GA.MA). I def. buy this item again and again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 9:06:00 AM More reviews by gwinnear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So you know when you buy a super-hyped product hoping it'll be amazing but expecting that it'll probably be just ok? Yeah? Well, this is NOT one of those - it's incredible! My hair is very dry and no matter how much I condition and treat it, the ends are always a bit frazzled and uncontrollable. But, a couple of squirts of this, and a quick run through with the straightening iron, and my hair looks exactly like it did the last time I left the hair salon. It is smooth, soft and perfectly straight and in place. And the smell is fantastic! The spray does mist very finely, and at first I didn't realise any of the product was on my hair and I added more, but it doesn't appear at all greasy, just shiny and smooth. I absolutely recommend!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by 101alexis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like the better-working older sister of TreSemme Heat Tamer. My hair gets straight, smooth, and silky and feels so healthy when I use this. If you're willing to splurge on heat protector definitely get this.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2011 8:37:00 AM More reviews by hollydolly24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

expensive, sickly smell, its not bad but makes my blonde hair look greasy!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No