Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain

2.8

Water, Ascorbyl Glucoside, VP/Methacrylamide/Vinyl Imidazole Copolymer, Alcohol Denatured, Fragrance, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, 1,2 Hexanediol/Caprylyl Glycol, Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 5 (CI 11680), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Octyldodecanol, Polybutene, Polyethylene, Synthetic Beeswax, Mica, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Lecithin, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, Benzoic Acid

on 6/1/2013 8:53:00 AM

Broken balm instantly. Uneven colour. Pass

on 5/16/2013 3:41:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The stain itself was ok. It applied well and stuck right away. Felt like it seeped into your lips quickly, which was good. It lasted for about a few hours max before it needed reapplying and would certaintly come off if you drank or ate anything. But I think that's where the ok and good ended for me. The balm broke off the first day I used it because for some crazy reason, Revlon decided to plant a stick of buttery balm, upright at the end of a marker. Of course it's going to break off! Not that it really mattered, it did nothing to enhance the color but just added some shine .

on 4/16/2013 1:59:00 PM

The balm packaging is a joke. It broke upon first use for me like everyone else. Who at Revlon thought this was a good idea? It should go up & down so it doesn't break. Worthless. Good idea --- very bad execution. Laughable.

The stain is not good either. Very drying, wears unevenly.

e.l.f. does a much job with their less expensive stains.

Will not repurchase ever. Wouldn't use if it were a gift. Too bad. Wanted to like this.

on 4/6/2013 2:49:00 PM

I have the Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stains in every single colour. They are very nice, long-lasting and moisturising. The only problem is my lips aren't exactly the smoothest, so if I leave it on for a LONG period of time, then it will start staining my lips unevenly.

Otherwise, it's a great product. I have no complaints. The packaging is nice... it twists up, so no need for a sharpener! It smells a bit medicinal like menthol, which was a bit off-putting at first, but now I like it. The lighter colours I use sometimes in lieu of lip balm. They don't show up as much, and the staining isn't quite as heavy. I would only use the darker colours occasionally because they do stain! And if you're talking/eating, etc, during the day, some of it will come off, but the rest will remain on your lips, so you'll have to retouch every few hours.

ahem,
I have renamed this product:

Revlon Just Cracked Dehydrating Chalk stain

This is a excellent product for those of you suffering with overly moisturised plumped up and smooth lips. This will dessicate your lips to hell and as a bonus the product looks classier than a chalk stick.

By decree
Hermanspottypants

on 2/13/2013 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it. Colour is very intense, still works after 6 months.

on 1/19/2013 2:49:00 AM

This was the driest marker-stain I've ever tried!!!! I only got to use it about once, and then it completely stopped working after even a couple of days. The lip balm is okay, but the cap took chunks out of the product, and it was overall a mess.
When I applied the stain on my moisturized lips, it would sometimes leave little bits of marker all over my lips!
No one buy this if you don't want to waste money.

on 1/18/2013 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I love this product. It looks great on its own and it's is also very useful for layering under gloss or matte lip stick. I have the color gothic which is a beautiful red that is subtle with one coat. This stain is very buildable and with a few more coats it is a red that demands attention. The color lasts 2 hours or so before it fades. This doesn't really bother me since it takes a few seconds to apply. The "balm" is a joke; it gives a cheap waxy feeling with no moisture at all. A slather of Burts Bees works much better, so I only gave it 4/5. Otherwise, I love this product and will be repurchasing.

on 1/17/2013 10:31:00 AM

Terrible. It doesn't stay on long at all and makes little dried skin pieces come up on my lips. It feels like I'm rubbing a dry erase marker on my lips. Sometimes the product doesn't even come out.

on 1/7/2013 9:08:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Pretty nice product! I have it in the color "Passion." It's a gorgeous, hot pink color. I've had it for a while and the stain still hasn't dried up. I like the concept of the lip balm on the other end, since just using a stain alone can be quite drying on the lips. But the lip balm does run out quickly. Not that it really matters because you can use any lip balm on the top... just the one on the product is convenient.