November 26, 2014 | 1009 users online

Polishes - Hard Candy - Sky

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 2:36:00 AM More reviews by ParisXIII

I would buy it again, but it isn't wow. Actually the reason I bought this in the first place is because it takes me back to my middle school days when it originally came out, and we could collect bottles of it just to get the plastic rings.
(Or, some of the bolder girls would just steal the rings right off the bottle at the store...)
I was one of the few in my group of friends who actually painted my nails instead of just wearing the ring. I loved sky back then, so when it came out again, I pounced on it. But the quality is not great.....after one day of not being used, you can see the liquid separate in the bottle...creamy light blue at the bottom with a clear aqua liquid sitting on top...And it applies a little streaky. Oh well, it only costs $7.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2007 1:59:00 PM More reviews by karrieleigh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

HC Sky is an iconic product, and that's probably the only reason it's sold so well. This was my first HC nail polish and I loved it. I first saw it on Alicia Silverstone, I believe, and fell in love with it. The problem is that the formula is terrible. It's streaky and unless you're careful it looks horrendous and chips like crazy. The brush is small and the bottle, while cute is not the most practical shape. The color itself is tricky, it's like White Out with a little blue food coloring mixed in. This review sounds like I hate it, but I don't. I've repurchased it, and would do it again even though it looks kind of weird on me unless my nails are super short and I take VERY painstaking measures to apply it. Love this shade and would buy again and again till they stopped selling it, and then would stockpile.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No