November 23, 2014 | 1905 users online

Moisturizers - Paula's Choice - Hydralight Moisture-Infusing Lotion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by bumblebee770

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on my third tube of this so it must be working as I am always ready to move on to a better product. I use only in areas where needed, not over my whole face. The fragrance (or lack thereof) seems to have been solved as my last 2 tubes were just faintly herby-medicinal but not bad at all. Occasionally in winter I may use something a little heavier (Cerave) but this generally works year round. It doesn't cause any irritation at all. If I ever try something better I'd switch but for now this is a daily use product.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Masia927

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off, the smell. The sample I got had a horrible, disgusting, gag inducing smell. I was pleased to find that the actual product when I bought it did have this same smell but it was greatly reduced. I only noticed it when I applied it right under my nose. This moisturizer did a really good job of moisturizing my combo skin. I was using it as a daytime moisturizer. I had some dry patches still that I had to dab a heavier moisturizer on but the rest of my face was shine free! It definitely provides a matte finish. It didn't break me out but it didn't really help my skin much either. It felt like I didn't have anything on and makeup applied fairly well over it. However, it might have been a little too matte for me. It made my skin look really dull. Everytime I looked in the mirror I cringed--I looked lifeless. My face looked so blah. After a while it seemed to emphasize my fine lines as well. But if you have very oily skin or hate the feeling of anything on your face, it might be worth trying out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Cieleste

this product save my skin!! it works for my sensitive skin and not clogged pores. non greasy n light, suitable for tropical country or summer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 7:22:00 AM More reviews by sweetiegracie

After dismissing this product initially when I first purchased it, I realize I was mistaken. I returned to this (mostly just to get rid of it) and used it over the winter in Boston and although it was a mild winter this year, it helped me get through it without a hitch. The trick for me was to use it like a serum (the product itself is quite runny) and layer it with a thicker moisturizer. I used Cetaphil cream over it, and it really helped prevent breakouts due to excessive dryness, and I got many compliments for my skin. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2012 3:39:00 AM More reviews by chunki

I like this moisterizer and always come back to use this one. Its light but hydrating (I have combination skin). Smell isn't that great, but it works to keep my skin hydrated throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by justcallmed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So glad that PC finally did something about the bottle and it's now in a squeeze tube!

This is a decent moisturizer for oily skin. I use it because it has many beneficial ingredients in it and it does make my skin feel smoother and softer with use. I can't say that it does anything beyond that even when I pair it with other PC products but I do like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by lucygirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE this, and love the fact that the lid is on the bottom of the tube. That said, the tube is way too small. 2 oz? Come on. I need 4 or 6. Please?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by sellabella

I used to have very dry skin around my nose, eyebrows and cheeks, but now I have absolutely no dryness thanks to this moisturiser! I was using an eye cream to dry and prevent the dryness but this stuff is so great i dont need anything else! I use this morning and night - at night with the Super Antioxant serum and during the day with an oil free 30+ sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by yorkieluvr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I would HIGHLY recommend you give this a try if you have combo or oily skin. It sinks in like a dream and leaves NO greasy residue. It smells a bit like cucumber to me which I found pleasant. The only reason I wouldnt repurchase is because I got serious about sunblock and use Neutrogena Dry Touch and don't need moisturizer on top of that. Otherwise I would definitely buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by lindsayloohoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am the target consumer for this product (normal, combo, oily) and I will never buy a full-sized version. I prefer the Resist moisturizers for light moisturization, which are packed with more good skin ingredients anyway. I tried a couple sample packets and really disliked this - it just didn't work for me. I did like it marginally better than the Skin Balancing Gel, though.

Background: I have normal/combo (slightly dry/slightly oily depending on season) acne-prone skin that has dramatically improved since I've been more diligent about potentially irritating ingredients (ie alcohol). I don't have sensitive skin in the conventional sense - my skin is very tolerant of products. However, I would breakout consistently using anything even just remotely not suggested for acne-prone skin. Before buying a product I refer to beautypedia.com, the cosmetic ingredient dictionary (on same site), and MUA! My acne used to be the painful bumps under the skin that would take weeks to surface. Since using Paula's Choice products I only get the occassional spot. My current skincare regimen is used in tandem with regular workouts. For me, this alleviated all hormonal breakouts (because working out balances your hormones, and sweating changes the PH of your skin - don't know if the PH part matters for acne though).

Usage: I tried this in the spring time at both day/night but found I had no real use for it. During the day I always use a moisturizer/sunscreen so find this isn't really necessary. At night I use a lighter treatment moisturizer (Resist moisturizers - prefer the Clear Skin one), serum, and/or heavier moisturizer like Skin Recovery for treatment/prevention of dry patches. This just didn't leave my skin looking or feeling as great as these other products.

Results: The moisturization is so light that it didn't take care of dry spots or flakey patches. This is a light cream, as opposed to the Skin Balancing gel. This didn't leave my skin looking as soothed from inflammation/redness, or as clear and plumped as the other products I've mentioned. I felt like it left me shiny but eventually did sink in. Also, I did breakout a bit while using this stuff. It could have been coincidence, and it wasn't a really bad breakout. I didn't like it enough to bother buying more product to figure out if this was the cause, though. It's just a possibility.

For the record, I also dislike the Skin Balancing gel (same skintype target - but I dislike that one A LOT more), and had similar results (possible breakouts included) plus a lingering filmy feeling.

This is $18.95 for 2oz. I buy my PC products on sale (the website always rotates new ones) and in multiples. Also, check online for discount codes. I've doubled up my discounts that way.