Paula's Choice Hydralight Moisture-Infusing Lotion

3.5

Not tested on animals

Water, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate (skin-conditioning agent), Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone/skin-conditioning agent), Butylene Glycol (water-binding agent), Dimethicone (silicone/skin-conditioning agent), Propylene Glycol Isoceteth-3 Acetate (water-binding agent), Squalane (emollient), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 (gel-based thickener), Potassium Cetyl Phosphate (emulsifier), Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate (thickeners), Cholesterol (skin-conditioning agent), Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (anti-irritant), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract (antioxidants), Sodium Hyaluronate (water-binding agent), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (suspending agent), Glycerin (water-binding agent), Superoxide Dismutase (antioxidant), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Sodium PCA, Phytosphingosine (water-binding agents), Magnesium Aluminum Silicate (thickener), Cetyl Alcohol (emollient), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Laureth-4 (emulsifier), Laureth-23 (solubolizing agent), Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Benzoic Acid, Sorbic Acid (preservatives).

on 2/18/2013 5:50:00 PM

I have sensitive, acne-prone oily skin, so it's a challenge to find good, affordable moisturizers that won't break me out. This lotion does a great job at keeping my skin moisturized in the winter without causing extra oiliness. In fact, I think my skin's gotten less oily from using this. I can't say much about anti-aging effects, since I'm not old enough to get wrinkles, but my acne scars have significantly lightened after two months of using this and the 1% BHA lotion. It absorbs quickly, and leaves a smooth, slightly matte finish. The smell isn't bad (somewhat fresh and herbal), but I can see it being a slight problem for sensitive noses.

The only issue is that Paula's Choice lotions are a little expensive if you're on a budget: $20 (plus shipping) for 2 fl.oz. It'll last me about 2.5 months, but I also don't use it everyday at night. Otherwise, if price isn't an issue for you, I'd highly recommend this product if you have oily skin.

The smell of this is absolutely awful. I can't get over it, I had to wash it off.

on 11/16/2012 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

Nice, light moisturizer ~ unfortunately doesn't work for my acne-prone, oily skin, even though it's supposed to be formulated for that. My skin reacts to weird things, though.

on 11/7/2012 10:09:00 PM

I can't get past the smell from the sample I got. It is like cucumber, but *off* in some way, and it lingers on the face to the point where I want to wash the lotion off just to get rid of the smell! What I do like about it is that it soaks into the skin and doesn't make my face shiny. However, I can't see myself buying the full size tube because of the scent. I am also going to try the skin balancing moisture gel and hope that one has no scent. Will post a review soon.

on 9/24/2012 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm on my third tube of this so it must be working as I am always ready to move on to a better product. I use only in areas where needed, not over my whole face. The fragrance (or lack thereof) seems to have been solved as my last 2 tubes were just faintly herby-medicinal but not bad at all. Occasionally in winter I may use something a little heavier (Cerave) but this generally works year round. It doesn't cause any irritation at all. If I ever try something better I'd switch but for now this is a daily use product.

on 7/28/2012 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

First off, the smell. The sample I got had a horrible, disgusting, gag inducing smell. I was pleased to find that the actual product when I bought it did have this same smell but it was greatly reduced. I only noticed it when I applied it right under my nose. This moisturizer did a really good job of moisturizing my combo skin. I was using it as a daytime moisturizer. I had some dry patches still that I had to dab a heavier moisturizer on but the rest of my face was shine free! It definitely provides a matte finish. It didn't break me out but it didn't really help my skin much either. It felt like I didn't have anything on and makeup applied fairly well over it. However, it might have been a little too matte for me. It made my skin look really dull. Everytime I looked in the mirror I cringed--I looked lifeless. My face looked so blah. After a while it seemed to emphasize my fine lines as well. But if you have very oily skin or hate the feeling of anything on your face, it might be worth trying out.

on 7/3/2012 2:45:00 AM

this product save my skin!! it works for my sensitive skin and not clogged pores. non greasy n light, suitable for tropical country or summer

After dismissing this product initially when I first purchased it, I realize I was mistaken. I returned to this (mostly just to get rid of it) and used it over the winter in Boston and although it was a mild winter this year, it helped me get through it without a hitch. The trick for me was to use it like a serum (the product itself is quite runny) and layer it with a thicker moisturizer. I used Cetaphil cream over it, and it really helped prevent breakouts due to excessive dryness, and I got many compliments for my skin. Love it!

on 1/24/2012 3:39:00 AM

I like this moisterizer and always come back to use this one. Its light but hydrating (I have combination skin). Smell isn't that great, but it works to keep my skin hydrated throughout the day.

on 12/31/2011 5:55:00 PM

So glad that PC finally did something about the bottle and it's now in a squeeze tube!

This is a decent moisturizer for oily skin. I use it because it has many beneficial ingredients in it and it does make my skin feel smoother and softer with use. I can't say that it does anything beyond that even when I pair it with other PC products but I do like it.