April 21, 2014 | 1190 users online

Moisturizers - Paula's Choice - Hydralight Moisture-Infusing Lotion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by sellabella

I used to have very dry skin around my nose, eyebrows and cheeks, but now I have absolutely no dryness thanks to this moisturiser! I was using an eye cream to dry and prevent the dryness but this stuff is so great i dont need anything else! I use this morning and night - at night with the Super Antioxant serum and during the day with an oil free 30+ sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by yorkieluvr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I would HIGHLY recommend you give this a try if you have combo or oily skin. It sinks in like a dream and leaves NO greasy residue. It smells a bit like cucumber to me which I found pleasant. The only reason I wouldnt repurchase is because I got serious about sunblock and use Neutrogena Dry Touch and don't need moisturizer on top of that. Otherwise I would definitely buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by lindsayloohoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am the target consumer for this product (normal, combo, oily) and I will never buy a full-sized version. I prefer the Resist moisturizers for light moisturization, which are packed with more good skin ingredients anyway. I tried a couple sample packets and really disliked this - it just didn't work for me. I did like it marginally better than the Skin Balancing Gel, though.

Background: I have normal/combo (slightly dry/slightly oily depending on season) acne-prone skin that has dramatically improved since I've been more diligent about potentially irritating ingredients (ie alcohol). I don't have sensitive skin in the conventional sense - my skin is very tolerant of products. However, I would breakout consistently using anything even just remotely not suggested for acne-prone skin. Before buying a product I refer to beautypedia.com, the cosmetic ingredient dictionary (on same site), and MUA! My acne used to be the painful bumps under the skin that would take weeks to surface. Since using Paula's Choice products I only get the occassional spot. My current skincare regimen is used in tandem with regular workouts. For me, this alleviated all hormonal breakouts (because working out balances your hormones, and sweating changes the PH of your skin - don't know if the PH part matters for acne though).

Usage: I tried this in the spring time at both day/night but found I had no real use for it. During the day I always use a moisturizer/sunscreen so find this isn't really necessary. At night I use a lighter treatment moisturizer (Resist moisturizers - prefer the Clear Skin one), serum, and/or heavier moisturizer like Skin Recovery for treatment/prevention of dry patches. This just didn't leave my skin looking or feeling as great as these other products.

Results: The moisturization is so light that it didn't take care of dry spots or flakey patches. This is a light cream, as opposed to the Skin Balancing gel. This didn't leave my skin looking as soothed from inflammation/redness, or as clear and plumped as the other products I've mentioned. I felt like it left me shiny but eventually did sink in. Also, I did breakout a bit while using this stuff. It could have been coincidence, and it wasn't a really bad breakout. I didn't like it enough to bother buying more product to figure out if this was the cause, though. It's just a possibility.

For the record, I also dislike the Skin Balancing gel (same skintype target - but I dislike that one A LOT more), and had similar results (possible breakouts included) plus a lingering filmy feeling.

This is $18.95 for 2oz. I buy my PC products on sale (the website always rotates new ones) and in multiples. Also, check online for discount codes. I've doubled up my discounts that way.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by earok

This is my second time around for this product. I quit using previously due to the moldy smell. The smell issue has been solved and this really works for me as a summer moisturizer. I use it for daytime under Bobbi Brown Face Foundation. While this isn't mattifying it does allow the makeup to go on smoothly and doesn't seem to start shining until late in the afternoon. Not heavy enough for winter use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by MsVengeance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually liked this stuff--it was one of the few moisturizers that the didn't break me out--but I had to quit using after about 3 weeks when it started causing a slight burning sensation in my skin (I don't really blame this stuff; I just started meds that seem to be making my skin overly-sensitive). The texture of this stuff reminds me of glue, but it applies really nice; it sinks in fast, feels weightless, and doesn't even cause a slight sheen or anything. I didn't like the nasty cucumber smell, but I didn't really think it was that big of a deal either (it doesn't linger at all). That's just what you get when they don't add fragrance. I think this one's worth trying if, like me, you have acne-prone combo skin and can never find anything that doesn't break you out.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2011 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Avonnah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this lotion for it's ingredients. By the description, it seemed like a perfect fit for my combination/acne-prone skin. I'm sorry to say that I couldn't really give it a chance; I found the scent to be unpleasant and distracting. I know it's unscented, but I just couldn't stand the "natural" scent of this potion - it's like rotten vinegar; a smell you can't escape when the product is on your face and around your nose! I know I can find a light moisturizer out there of comparable price and quality which doesn't have a nauseating smell! The search continues.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: I'm still really liking this. Now that the warmer weather is here I alternate between this and the moisture balancing gel. LOVE IT.

I like this very much. I use this more often than not. It's got a good, moisturized finish but not greasy or shiny. I have oily combo skin, and this imparts the perfect amount of moisture for my skin, and it has fabulous ingredients, what more can you ask for. I think it's a bit pricey and try to stock up when there's a sale. I too think it smells a bit weird. I agree there's an herbal undertone to it that isn't unpleasant, but there's also a bit of weird smell that is not so great. I find that a lot of PC products have slightly weird smells that disappear shortly after application. I'm okay with this because I know it's a result of her inclusion of antioxidants without additional fragrances to mask their natural scents. I'm happy to deal a temporary weird smell for beneficial, fragrance free products.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by luloo

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I used a sample of this. I liked how light it was, how it absorbed quickly, and cleared up dry patches. It left my skin matte, but it also made my complexion look kind of dull. I did not have a problem with the smell of it at all. It just smells kind of herbal to me, not a big deal. However, my sensitive skin didn't seem to react well to it. It seemed to irritate, causing some clogged pores to become more red and noticeable. Maybe my skin didn't like some of the extracts in it. It's hard to say because it was only a sample, but it just didn't feel right, so I won't consider buying a full size.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by KKAI

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is an OK moisturiser. It is not greasy at all and it seems to be abdorbed instantly but at the same time I also feel that it does not provide enough moisture in my less oily areas ( mainly cheeks and forehead). I tried to apply two layers but it just crumbled in flakes. I use it after BHA1% Gel and I feel that I need a little more moisturisation especially in wintertime. I might try again a sample in summer to see if it fits my needs better then.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 8:52:00 AM More reviews by firebird7815

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This works wonders on my sensitive, combination skin. By adjusting the amount I use, this seems to work across all seasons for me. I use this at night to keep my skin soft and smooth. It also works very well for me as an eye cream: I just tap a bit around my eyes (and I don't wake up with the red-eye that so many eye creams leave behind for me).