December 21, 2014 | 868 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Maybelline - Expert Eyes Eye Makeup Remover Towelettes

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2007 12:14:00 PM More reviews by flatula

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this as a GWP with some mascara. I'd used it a couple of times to remove my waterproof mascara, but hadn't really used it regularly. Recently, I ran out of my normal cleanser towelettes that I use daily to remove my makeup, and I ended up using these wash my makeup off at night for a couple of days. These did an awesome job of taking off all my makeup, and I realized that my breakouts had started to clear up! As a test, I went back to other cleanser towelettes for a week or so, and I started to break out again. Then, I used the Maybelline towelettes again for a week, and my skin looks great! They're $5.99 for 50 towelettes, and I only have to use one nightly to remove makeup, so I'm definitely going to be repurchasing these.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2007 1:04:00 PM More reviews by plumeriapassion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I wouldn't buy this again. Tugs at your eyes, makes them burn, and not very good at removing eye make-up at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2007 5:14:00 PM More reviews by beemoody

I just did buy this again! Awhile ago, I found the wipes on sale and decided they would be better to travel with - 50 sheets in flexible silver packaging with a resealable tab. Like the below reviewer, I thought wipes were a little more wasteful, but...the price was right and I wanted to take them away with me.
Overall, these remove all of my makeup including waterproof mascara on both eyes with one cloth - i usually needed at least 3-4 cotton balls with ANY liquid remover (and I have used many). Plus, they don't sting or irritate my eye area at all, which was a common problem for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2007 10:42:00 PM More reviews by ilakdala

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

***EDIT***Sadly, over time, these wipes proved too harsh. There was a rough, stinging sensation after I had used them for awhile, and that's just not good when one is dealing with the delicate eye area. So I've downgraded my original review.

----

Hooray! I've been struggling to find an eye makeup remover that doesn't smog up my contacts, bother my skin or make my eyelashes fall out (Neutrogena, I'm looking in your direction). I was going to pick up the bottle version of Maybelline's non-oily eye makeup remover when the towelettes caught my eye. The main reason I don't buy skin wipes or towelettes is I worry they are wasteful and more expensive than the bottled stuff. While it might be a bit more expensive, it is WELL worth it. The towelettes remove every spot of makeup, don'tt leave a trace of residue behind and are super easy to use. I can be really (really) bad about removing my makeup at night, but the towelettes make it much easier, so I'm more likely to do it. I'm so pleased. I will definitely continue to buy these. At $6.99 for 50 sheets, that's only 14 cents a day. I can live with that!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2007 8:59:00 PM More reviews by luvsbrdeddragns

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

These are GREAT! Why didn't someone think of coming up with a towelette sooner? Usually took me at least 3 cotton pads or Almay pads to remove my eye makeup. Just one of these larger towelettes does the job on BOTH eyes. It says "for washable makeup" so I can't say how they will do on waterproof mascara. Non greasy (I wear contacts, so that's important) and they don't burn my eyes the way Almay's does. It comes in a silver resealable package of 50 so this will last longer than a month. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for those who use lots of black mascara!