Batiste Dry Shampoo

4.3

Butane, Isobutane, Rice Starch, Propane, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Benzly Benzoate, Distearyldimonium chloride

on 4/22/2015 12:32:00 AM

I've tried a lot of dry shampoos and always come back to this one. It doesn't make my hair feel freshly washed, but it does a great job of absorbing excessive oil without giving my hair the appearance of being doused in baby powder. If my hair needs a refresher and I don't have time to wash my it, this is what I reach for. I currently have blonde highlights, so I don't use the tinted kind but have in the past when I was more brunette.

on 4/20/2015 3:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Got this as many youtubers I watch rave and swear by this dry shampoo, but it didn't live up to my expectations. For its price, it does what it claims. I got the cherry one, and I'm glad the scent isn't overpowering, it's nice and sweet, not too heavy and doesn't linger. However, even though it absorbs the oils in my hair, it can leave a whiteish cast, and it does last for long but the oils in my hair do resurface after a few hours. And I always need to wash my hands after I run through it in my hair, it feels so gross and powdery. But for its price I would definitely repurchase, till I find the next best dry shampoo!

on 4/19/2015 12:38:00 PM

I think this is the best dry shampoo as far as absorbing oils and refreshing BUT I dye my hair darker and this stuff definitely leaves a white/grayish hue. As much as I brush it it still looks a little dirty...

on 4/17/2015 7:02:00 AM

Amazing product. Freshly washed, volumised hair in a can.
However (and its a big however) it causes breakouts on my face. As hard as I try to keep it off my skin, it still manages to get on my face and block my pores (especially around the hairline/jaw). The only way I've found to prevent this problem is to wash my face after I've sprayed the product in my hair. Also, I have to wash my hair before bed otherwise it's on my pillowcase and hence on my face.

on 4/15/2015 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Believe the hype because YES, this stuff really is amazing! I sprayed the nozzle a few inches from my scalp after not washing my hair for about a week and after rubbing it in with my fingers, it looked as if I had just freshly washed my hair. Not sticky, not crunchy, it is amazing! I had the original basic one and the smell is simple and does not linger in your hair.
Try this out! If you're looking for a great dry shampoo I promise this one is the best on the market. I just ordered another bottle off Amazon. Price is great, I got mine discounted at TJ Maxx, so look there before buying full price!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

some back story on my hair: I have super curly, thick, coarse hair that I wash about once a week because it would be a dry frizzy mess if i did any more than that (it's not as gross as it sounds, do some research on the effects of regular shampooing on your hair.). I rinse and condition it a few times throughout the week though. Usually my hair start to get a little greasy around the third or fourth day which is when i start to use dry shampoo in between rinses.

So I bought this and used some of it immediately after my hair was dry after washing it just add some volume to my roots because my roots are super flat for the first few days after washing. On the fourth day I still haven't noticed any oiliness whatsoever, my hair still feels as clean as it did on the first day. This stuff has unreal lasting power!
Anyways, it smells really nice; I have the tropical one and its a light coconut smell that doesn't linger too long (for me at least), and after blending it out theres no white cast in my hair, which is pretty dark brown.

I might have to use a clarifying shampoo to get rid of any build up it causes over the week, but I think that for any people with curly hair following the curlygirl method this is a great product to have!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Batiste is the best dry shampoo I have tried, and I have tried quite a few. It does leave a white powder on dark hair, but it easily brushes out. It actually leaves my hair feeling clean and doesn't leave that heavy residue feeling in my hair that most other dry shampoos leave. The only thing that I dislike about the Batiste dry shampoo is the smell. It is super strong and gives me a headache.

on 4/13/2015 2:41:00 AM

Oh boy! This stuff is really magical. I have super dark, almost black hair. I always use it at night before I sleep so the scent will fade by the time I wake up. In my experience, when using this, it's most important to really shake, spray then RUB RUB RUB your scalp to dissipate the white cast. I usually take a few flash photos with my phone of the back of my head to make sure all the white powder has blended and isn't just sitting on my hair. I LOVE THIS DRY SHAMPOO! It totally removes oil and refreshes your hair. You have to use a lot to really make your hair voluminous though, I have found that when I don't use enough my hair looks super limp. Don't be intimidated by the white stuff. As long as you rub it in well it'll look like fresh, washed hair. I've found that when I use this it also seems to make my hair stay fresh longer. For example, my hair starts getting oily 2 days after I use a regular shower/shampoo to wash it. But after I use this, my hair gets oily a lot later, after 4+ days. With the scents - I've tried Original and Floral & Flirty...Floral & Flirty smells like straight up gardenias...If you've smelled Michael Kors' original perfume, or Kim Kardashian's original perfume, it smells like that...Very strong and kind of unpleasant. Original is more of a strong citrus-y musky smell, I definitely prefer Original over Floral. Another awesome thing about this product, though, is that the smell goes away really fast. PERFECT PRODUCT!!!!!! I'll buy it again and again.

on 4/13/2015 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Ohh Dry Shampoo, what would i do without you!! Haha

I love Batiste Dry Shampoo. I have tried a few from the Batiste range. My fav one is the original. Smells simple and works great. Refreshes my hair after a long day at work and if im going out that night.

I have asian stick straight hair and it weigh downs. I use this on fresh hair too to give me some texture and airy feeling which i love.

This is a great product.

on 4/13/2015 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I currently have 5 bottles of this on the go! I can't get enough of this product. It has changed my hair game completely.

Compared to other dry shampoos I have used, Batiste smells great and is easy to work with. I spray a small amount through the hair and work it in with my fingers. I always do a final shake out before I get dressed, just to make sure there isn't any fallout on my clothes, but otherwise I am good to go for the day.

I have thick, brown hair, and as long as I work this in, you can't tell I've used it. I keep the travel size in my handbag, one in my gym bag and several around the house. I do make sure I give my hair a double shampoo at least once a week, to get rid of any build up, plus a good treatment in case I've stripped too much moisture out of my hair.

I recommend this to practically anyone. It's so easy to use and makes such a difference. I can stretch a blow-dry out, I don't need to wash my hair as much (which means less heat styling too) and I get a bit of a sleep in the mornings that I use it!

Top Rated Batiste Products