Atopalm MLE Cream

4.1

2013 Ingredients Water/Aqua, Glycerin, Propanediol, Myristoyl/palmitoyl Oxostearamide/arachamide MEA, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Distearate, Vitis Vinifera (grape) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Stearate, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Olea Europaea (olive) Fruit Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phytosterols, Carbomer, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Arginine, Stearic Acid, Allantoin, Fragrance, Tropolone Ingredients MLE Face Cream: Aqua, Butylene glycol, Glycerin, Myristoyl oxostearamide/arachamide MEA, PEG-15 glyceryl stearate, Vitis vinifera (Grape) seed oil, Cetyl alcohol, Glyceryl stearate, Macadamia ternifoliaseed oil, PEG-10 glyceryl stearate, Portulaca oleracea extract, Squalane, Anthemis nobilis flower extract, Biosaccharide gum-1, Calcium lactate, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated olive oil, Hydrogenated olive oil decyl esters, Mannan, Sodium lactate, Sunflower decyl esters, Tocopheryl acetate, Allantoin, Bisabolol, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) root extract, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Xanthan gum, Propylparaben, Stearic acid, BHT, Essential oil. Ingredients MLE Cream: Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Myrisyl/Palmityl Oxostearamide/Arachamide MEA, PEG-10 Glyceryl Stearate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Squalane, Biosaccharide Gum-1, PEG-10 Glyceryl Stearate, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Sodium Lactate, Dimethicone, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sunflower Oil Decyl Esters, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Allantion, Stearic Acid, BHT, Essential Oil.

on 12/29/2009 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

In my seemingly never ending search for the right products to help combat and comfort the insane dryness, itchyness, flaky patched and discoloration.... that happens w/my face (jeez why do i even get outta bed). Normally my skin isn't the most horrible... but the winter really wrecks havoc on me... SO... this cream (as recommended in dr baumann's skin type solution book) was something I was thinking of trying and I'm glad I did. So far (it's been a week).

I understand most people use this as a night cream, and I can see why. It's got a thick, but translucent texture that's very elegant, there's no real dissernable fragrance and it seems to be on the rich side of a cream, so I get the night cream thing. I don't use it for night (i'm a rebel)... I've been using STRAIGHT shea butter on my face (after cleansing w/eucerin redness relief and a few droplets of burts bees ageless serum) and it's been a perfect solution for me for night... so I'm not messing w/that. THIS... I use during the day. After cleansing and the BBees serum, I apply the MLE cream. My makeup goes on really nicely after. This is a marathon moisturizer... because it's still there when I'm done w/my day. I could honestly feel it when I went to wind down for the night after having applied it THAT MORNING.

So far, what I've been doing w/my preemptive attack on what normally happens to my skin during the winter... is working. I am thrilled w/my results (altho i can't say it's just THIS cream, or just the BB's serum, or the straight up shea)... I can say that everyone w/dry and sensitive and irritable skin, should try a sample of this.

This is my HG moisturizers. When I started using a vit. A based product at night, my skin became very irritated. I had a sample of atopalm and tried it and have been in love with it since. It is much more moisturizing (and less irritating) than the creme de la mer, la prairie and revive moisturizers that I had previously used (and paid at times 10X more for!!). Now I use it in combination with my retinol cream and my skin has never looked better. Amazing!

on 5/30/2009 3:01:00 PM

Soothing . . . does not cause or exacerbate redness. Beautiful, creamy texture. Scent is barely perceptible, ever so mild. Soaks into skin, yet continues to moisturize (as opposed to feeling like it simply "disappears.") I have re-purchased several times & will continue to do so.

on 5/24/2009 1:02:00 PM

Love this stuff! Really calms down any redness! I use it on top of my retin-A. I have used both the face cream and the regular. I prefer the regular b/c its cheaper!

on 5/1/2009 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

this products is part of my journey to find the perfect night time moisturizer. i have dry, sensitive skin that is reactive to a lot of ingredients. while i experienced no irritation from MLE, i also didn't experience any positive reactions either. this lotion just seems too mild. my skin tightened up after the lotion was absorbed, didn't help with flakes, and it's pricey. however, this isn't a bad product, just not right for me. the scent is nice and the consistency is light-weight and smooth. i know it says it's great under makeup, i only used it during the day a couple of times and it was fine, nothing extraordinary.

on 3/6/2009 2:02:00 PM

I just reviewed this cream somewhere else, and thought that it may be useful to share with people here. I first used this cream back in 2007 and could not really recommend it because I experienced weird reaction (some bumps came out of my face). But now, I have to say that I am finally a believer. For me, this is the only thing that works to moisturize my skin in the past few years. My skin is super dry, both winter and summer. Every winter, there would be days that I wake up with my thighs bleeding a bit, because it's itchy in the night and I couldn't resist scratching it in sleep and end up hurting the skin without knowing it. I finally decide to use the cream on my body - with little hope, since most body cream I slather on my body did not do much. But in a few days, I found my body skin no longer dry, itchy and parchment-like. This is definitely new to me! No other cream had done that before. And even the keratosis pilaris on my thighs due to my genetic makeup and long-term dryness is much improved! My legs haven't been this smooth in a long time. So now I often scrub my body with AHA first and then put Atopalm cream on. It works really well! Then it occurred to me that, if this can work on my super dry body, it may also work on my face. Now here come to the biggest issue of my skin: I used to have great skin, but ever since I moved to a cold, dry environment, it has been hard. On top of that, I happen to be ignorant enough to wash my face with very hot water, strong cleanser, and wash in a rough way for a long time. This apparently stripped the natural barrier off the skin. So I constantly (even in the summer) feel dry and tight on my face, regardless of what heavy, rich, nutritious, expensive cream I put on my face. I started using this cream on my face since last week, and this time no bad reaction. It truly moisturized my face in a way that other high-end brands did not do: there is no tightness and dryness for the fist time in years, fine lines due to dryness disappeared. And most importantly, I have been having some red, raw-looking patches on my cheek for a long time. There seems to be some kind of low-level inflammation going on, although not really hurting, it doesn't look healthy or right either. They may derive from past use of Differin gel (Vit. A) or long-term dryness. After using this cream, they are much less red now! This is also the first time in the past few years since I develop this red blotchy cheek that something really works to clear the redness! I finally know what people mean by "evening out skin tone". I am surprisingly happy to see this much healthy and hydrated skin. I have an incredibly huge arsenal of skin care products from low to high ends, but nothing did what this cream does to me. For example, La Mer and Natura Bisse Diamond Extreme did not work as well as this cream for me. Since I have combination-to-dry skin, I really like the texture of the cream: rich but that too heavy, moisturizing but not greasy. Can not recommend this cream high enough!

on 11/30/2008 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have sensitive skin which tends to be dry in the winter. This is a very gentle non-irritating cream IMO and keeps my skin nice and hydrated. I usually hate anything with fragrance but the one in Atopalm is very subtle and doesn't bother my skin. I have bought several jars mostly from ebay when I can find a bargain.

on 4/20/2008 12:12:00 PM

After learning about the harmful chemicals commonly used in beauty products from such website as ewg.org and safecosmetics.org, I no longer use this product. Check it out for yourself. It was a real eye-opener for me. I ended up throwing out so many products (that cost a lot of money), but now that I limit myself to buying only "green" products, I don't spend nearly as much money on products as I used to. Don't be afraid to educate yourself.

This review is for Atoplam MLE Face Cream in a tube. Overall, this product was okay for me. It's not super moisturizing so I tried pairing it with a couple different cleansers. It works best when paired with a cream or oil-based cleanser and with a facial water like lrp's or shu's sprayed underneath for extra moisture. I first bought it to help my skin use retinol but it did not help at all with this. My skin remained just as peely and red as ever. I've since given up on my skin ever adjusting to retinol and stopped using it. As a basic moisturizer tho, Atopalm is just alright. I do feel like it calms my skin down when I've been using glycolic cleansers and the ingredient list sure has some promising things on it. I took off a lippie for the price, which is terrible for such a tiny tube. It really takes quite a lot to really moisturize. I've been using it every now and then as a base for my clinique ddml. Overall, this is something you might want to have in your medicine cabinet just for those times when your skin needs a little extra tlc. I might buy it again but not with the intent of using it as an everyday moisturizer. With the way I go through moisturizer it'd be gone in two weeks.

on 2/28/2008 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am not as satisfied with this product as I thought I would be. I do not feel like the product penetrates well and this is after putting two coats on. $30 for 1.18oz is too steep of a price for something that does a mediocre job.