Desert Essence Vanilla Chai Hand and Body Lotion

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water (aqua), vanilla planifolia fruit extract*, camellia oleifera leaf extract (black tea)*, camellia sinensis leaf extract (green tea)*, eugenia caryophyllus (clove) flower extract*, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil*, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, glycerin, stearic acid (vegetable derived), glyceryl stearate SE (plant derived), copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax*, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter*, magnesium aluminum silicate (mineral), xanthan gum, benzyl alcohol (plant derived), potassium sorbate (fruit derived), dehydroacetic acid, natural fragrance (parfum). *Certified Organic

on 3/19/2008 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Wow this smells so yummy and it moisturizes very well. This is now one of my favorite lotions. I hope they come out with more scents, maybe even seasonal scents :-)

on 12/18/2007 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

ohhhh i love this! it is very delightful to use. i love anything vanilla, mostly, and i like chai too. since i use several products from this line, i decided to try this out. it is spicy and slightly sweet. the texture is thick, but not overly so. it is thicker than your average lotion, but not like a body butter or anything. i do feel since i am super dry righit now, that i need to apply a lot, or with some of my pure shea butter under it to get maximum moisture. it is indeed a very snuggly, comforting scent! i love that is has no parabens or any other crazy, un-natural ingredients. look forward to using this any chance i can. continued >>

on 11/13/2007 2:23:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I picked this up because the health food store only had one of my HG Shikai lotions in stock,so this was a backup.It smells like the name and hydrates well without any sticky residue.The scent lasts a long time and as prices go,it's not horribly expensive.
It is a great fall/winter scent-perfect for snuggling up in warm sweaters and smelling good enough to eat.

on 9/3/2007 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It smells exactly like a chai latte. I like to use it in the fall and winter instead of a plain vanilla lotion, because the spices make it smell much richer and more appropriate for the season. I detect notes of cinnamon, ginger, and cardamom along with the vanilla.

I really enjoyed this lotion. I've had it for a few months now and am still using it. A little goes a long way so it is pretty long lasting. I am a chai lover so I really enjoy the smell. It is light and sweet, but not too sweet. I don't find it overpowering and cloying like many brands (ie: bbw).
I use it as a body lotion and put it on right after I shower. It sinks right in and my skin is soft and helps dryness.

on 3/5/2007 4:54:00 PM

I really love the scent of this body lotion. It smells exactly like Vanilla Chai, like the Oregon brand. It is very, very sweet, and sometimes I feel like smelling super sweet, but the sweetness is not cloying, it's a little spicy too. Nice.

on 12/9/2006 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Blech! I really wanted to like this because I really like the DE re-vamped hair products (like green apple and ginger conditioner) but I just cannot get with this one. TOO sweet - reminds me of a cough syrup. Like bathing in that horrid syrup Starbucks uses to make their chai.

on 12/8/2006 10:41:00 AM

This is lovely, and perfect for chai lovers. I can't say it's an authentic chai (and everyone's idea of vanilla so varies), but it's a joy nonetheless, perfect for colder weather. Like the Almond version, texture is not greasy, sinks in nicely, and the scent sticks around for a good hour or so before it completely fades away - a trait I find in most inexpensive body lotions anyway.