November 24, 2014 | 1527 users online

Eyeliner - Clinique - Brush-on Cream Liner in Deep Brown

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 8:51:00 AM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great medium brown. On me it dried to a black/brown shade. Still soft enough for an everyday, wear to work shade. My major complaint with Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliners is that they are all so pigmented that on me, a fair gal, they all appear just about black. I am appreciating the softer colors offered by Clinique.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2010 1:58:00 AM More reviews by MissMermaid05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Update 6/21/11: After 1 year, the cream liner didn't dry up or harden. It is still very smooth. Long-lasting, easy to apply, completely worth buying.

Bought this at The CCO for about $12. OMG, the best price for such a great cream liner. I use it daily, I love how it glides on and stays all day, will only smudge if I rub my eyes. When I first started using this, my boyfriend commented on how pretty my eyes were. He thought I did something different, and I was using Stila's smudge pots before. (I still like Stila, this is just 100X better).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by modernaire

I'd never used pot ELs before, but had plenty of experience with pencil and liquid. pencils don't stand out enough for me and liquids smudge and run and flake over time, so I thought this would be the happy medium for me.

Price: Inexpensive for department store makeup, but I was used to drugstore prices and was a bit wary. However, I've been able to use this EL much longer than my drugstore ones, so it is worth the money.

Color: I wanted a dark color to accentuate my eyes but my pale skin can't handle black EL. This deep brown color was perfect. Provided that you use enough product, the color is dark and not watered down looking like some other ELs I've used in the past.

Lasting Power: This is incredibly important for me as I don't touch up throughout the day. Many many ELs smudge on me. This one doesn't. My tip is to draw the line in a sweeping motion, then press the brush onto your skin, along the line you just made to make sure the product stays.

Easy to Use: Yes. A lot easier than liquid for sure! Don't be scared ladies. Only took 2-3 times of use to feel completely comfortable with it. Experiment and you'll be rewarded. Very easy and versatile-I do cat eyes, thick 60s style and thin natural line depending on what I'm wearing and how I'm feeling that day and it's never disappointed me.

Some people say that after awhile it dries up and that did happen after about 6 months of use, BUT if you put a drop or two of glycerine in the pot, stir with a toothpick and let it mix overnight (not sure if that's necessary but I thought it would help) the eyeliner is as creamy as you first bought it. Sure it might look a little funky, not as pretty and pressed, but it definitely works. Overall I give it a 4.5 (marked it as a 5) because while it doesn't smudge, it's not rub-proof. But until I find one that is rub-proof, this is my HG eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by kams64

This is the best eyeliner I've used. I thought the Jane Mineral gel liner was great until I got this one from Clinique. This goes on smooth, no skipping and it's very pigmented. Nice deep brown, no sparkle. It doesn't budge or smudge. The little brush that comes with it is okay for travel, but I prefer my ecotools angled brush for home every day use. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2009 10:56:00 AM More reviews by lolajean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hands down the single best eyeliner I've ever used!!! Eyeliners have never lasted on me, even long-wearing and waterproof formulas. This stuff stays put from when I put it on until I wash it off. Once it's applied I never have to think about it! The deep brown color is perfect. Not too red, not too grey. It's dark but not so dark I may as well be wearing black. Perfect!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2009 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Another good product. Nice try but no ceegar.

I bought this but wound up using it as an eyeshadow base.. for which it works well. It is not an eyeliner. It has no durability and rubs off with any stress -- touching, scratching, or humidity.

The colors are "nice" but not spectacular. I could not begin to compare this with BB or Shu gel liners... this is a cream liner and as such will fall off and land on your face. The brush which comes with it is a joke.. a small poke your eye out little thing. Cute but not really usuable unless you want a tiny line which will rub off. It does not work on the waterline either.

What can I say.. I don't recommend this.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2009 4:57:00 AM More reviews by lhkim85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this for the first time today (yay, Clinique bonus time). I have only ever tried pencil liners so perhaps I am not the best judge, but for those who are looking to change from pencil to cream/gel/liquid, I highly recommend this one! I found it really easy to apply with my angle brush (haven't tried the one included, but it's very small and too soft IMO for applying the liner). The color looks like a medium brown in the pot, but it's dark brown when applied. I wore it for a few hours and it seemed to stay put even though parts of my eyelids are oily.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2009 8:18:00 PM More reviews by dididianee

I LOVEEE this product. It smudges a bit when you rub your eye, but not so much that you have to reapply it. I never do touch-ups in school (It feels weird) and I don't have to. This even stays on after PE, and it doesn't give me raccoon eyes! The brush was okay, but I lost it in school (I think). A little pricey for me, since I'm a student, but definitely worth it. Even though the bottle is small, it's going to last QUITE a long time.
-Edit-
So I've been using this for half a year. I lowered my rating because I've noticed IT DOES SMUDGE LIKE CRAZY if I did not prime my eyelids with an oil-absorbing powder. Even so, it still fades away and clings onto the folds of my eyelids (I have a lot of them even though I'm double lidded). Also the cardboard part on the lid (inside, facing the actual product) fell off somehow. I've also noticed that if you're a clumsy person like me and drop it facing sideways or any other way that's not upright, the product will SLIDE around. Will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2009 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like cliniques cream liners, they go on smooth, you get plenty of product, and they last relatively well. It does have a tendency to smudge and flake by the end of the day, and layering will cause it to flake. But I'm looking for this to last me through a long day of clinicals, then a workout, errands and still look good, I haven't found a product that fits that bill so for what you get this is a fantastic product. Nice price too, esp when compared with BB's gel liners which are way overpriced IMO. That said this is a nice dark brown, it looked warmer in the pot than it is once applied. Nice alternative to black without losing the definition of a black. This is a shade lighter than BB's Espresso Ink, which makes it more wearable for me, esp in fall and winter when I'm without a tan! Would def. repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 1:40:00 AM More reviews by SharonWT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Okie dokie, well I have Clinique's cream eyeliner in black and dark brown. I've been using them for more than 4 years, and they're my HG along with Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliners.
I love the dark brown, because it's actually dark brown, not brown/ black. It's a lovely brown for us brown-eyed girls. =D Every other colored-eye, I dont know cuz I only have brown eyes. lol
Anywho.
These last for A LONG TIME. I can hold on to this for up to 2 years, and it's still good, AND I use it most everyday. ;D it's that good.

The difference between Clinique's cream eyeliner and Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliners which I also love is:
1. one's a cream and one's a gel. duh* lol
2. If you pack on more of Clinique's it could start to get crusty....that probably happens bc the eyeliner is a bit older...
That doesn't really happen with bobbi brown
3. bobbi brown WILL stay on the waterline.
clinique CAN stay but with repeated touchups.
4. Bobbi Brown is $22
Clinique is $15
5.. Clinique comes with a crappy brush
Bobbi brown doesnt come with anything. So you need a good
brush for both
6. There's more of clinique product in the little jar compared to
Bobbi brown's
7. For both, you need to make sure that you close the lid TIGHT.
If you dont take care of them, they'll get hard and hard to work with
and a waste of money.

Okie dokie.
In all, if you want to try using a these kinds of eyeliners go for Clinique first, then if you want more staying power and more color variation go for Bobbi Brown.
I love both. =D