Philosophy Amazing Grace Eau De Parfum

3.6

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a beautiful fragrance, clean, fresh, flowery, and very feminine. I fell in love with it the first time I tried it, and bought it on the spot. I hardly ever do this. Unfortunately, the scent fades after about two hours, which is unacceptable to me in a fragrance, so I will not repurchase it. I'll continue to enjoy the bottle I have, though. This layers well with Chanel Coco, and will last all day, although the scent is different of course, but still very pretty. I recommend experimenting with layering this with stronger, spicy fragrances to see if you can get more mileage out of it.

I know this runs counter to other people's experiences with this scent, but I found this scent to be quite harsh, which is often my experience with scents in this "clean / shower-fresh" genre. It smelled to me like strong, synthetic cleaning detergents.

I'm just not a fan of anything from this line. I love the idea behind it & how simple & pure the products from this line seem, but when I actually go to use something from this line, I get a reverse effect than what this would seem to be. This perfume was no different. I actually received a sample of this, & it's way too musky for my taste. It then turns kind of powdery & floral...which I can handle most of the time, but with this one I couldn't for some reason. It may smell great on some people, but it's just not my taste. I also do not believe the price of this is justifyable. This scent fades quickly & is just simply not worth the high price. Overall, I would not buy this.

This scent seems nice at first. I wore it a couple of times, but since it has become grating on my nose. I work in a hospital and something about this fragrance draws nurses like flies (similar to the Coach bag effect among the same crowd). I suppose they believe it smells fresh and clean, but really it just smells synthetic.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I always loved the smell of Amazing Grace but didnt feel like spending sooo much money on an EDT that didnt last. On one of my last recent trips to Macys i decided to to purchase the EDP along with the matching lotion assuming it would last. First of all i love the smell, it is amazing, IMO. Smells like shampoo, i adore that scent and if u read my other reviews you'll find this to be true! I just love the smell of freshly washed hair and/or skin! Wore it yesteday and my sister told me that i smell like a great shampoo. Call me weird, but that's a compliment. This perfume is soft and not cloying at all, you will be happy that you're the one smelling so AMAZING, really. Also ive seen other reviewers describing this as powdery, which is weird because on me its str8 shampoo from beginning to end. It has decent staying power. IMO perfumes that u LOVE doesnt seem to last long. I bet if it were sweet, loud and MUSKY it would last forever...uuuggh!! Ask for this for chrismas, it's worth a try.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Normally, I don't wear florals. This one is ok. On me, it's 100% floral with a hint of powder to it. It's a good change up and polar opposite when I'm not in the mood for my usual warm, amber, go-to fragrances. It's not too strong, couldn't picture it offening most, has decent staying power and pretty versatile for year round wear. I just don't like it enough to purchase again. Overall, it's just an OK perfume. And over hyped.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I love Amazing Grace. I usually don't like "clean", "baby powdery", "fresh" fragrances; I prefer dirty, musky, sweet scents. This perfume is the exception! It's so feminine and reminds me of baby cologne or something a new mom would wear around her baby. It's soft, sweet, and a bit floral (and I usually hate floral notes). I think the name is very fitting because this does strike me as a very "graceful" scent. I sprayed it on myself today right before I went running, which would seem like a weird time to wear this perfume but it made me feel happy to smell it while I ran. Afterwards, when I was sweaty and covered in dust from the road, I still felt feminine because of this fragrance :) I would recommend this for work, a date, or anytime you want to wear an uplifting, classy, womanly perfume.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love the subtle fragrance of this scent. It is light and can be used year round. I like that it has a powder smell to it but also a light floral scent.

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I think my nose has outgrown Amazing Grace - whether in the Eau de Parfum form or the weaker pure fragrance form. AG now smells like a cheap lipstick - you know the kind that have just too much unnecessary fragrance added to it and it wafts irritatingly into your nose.

When AG first came out well over a decade ago, I could swear it was a more complex fragrance with distinct top/middle/bottom notes (and a great musk in those bottom notes). Now it reeks of the worst synthetic aldehydes.

If anyone wants a "clean" scent to wear from the Philosophy line, skip over to Pure Grace.

Philosophy perfumes are the only ones that don't give me a headache, irritate my allergies, or make me feel like I'm just marinating in a cloud of fragrance all day long. I wore Pure Grace for a while...then Falling In Love...and now I've adopted Amazing Grace as my signature fragrance. It's the most perfect perfume I've ever worn. I can't smell any of the Philosophy fragrances on me, but I've always gotten plenty of compliments on all of them. AG gets me the most compliments, from both men and women. It makes me feel beautiful, classy, sophisticated, and feminine all at once. Spraying it on instantly lifts my mood and it's my favorite part of my morning routine. I don't feel like myself unless I have this fragrance on. I just bought my fourth bottle of AG, and I look forward to wearing it for as long as Philosophy keeps making it. Most wonderful fragrance ever!

Popular Fragrances