April 17, 2014 | 1758 users online

Lip Treatments - Smith's Rosebud Salve - Minted Rose Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by vanitybe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for the perfect lip blam or lip conditioner but nothing can help my dry lip or moisture it enough until I found this amazing product at Paris ICI XL in Belgium. At first i taste cool minted feeling on my lip and after that it disappeared only the smooth lip feeling left. I love it so much and now i never have dry lip problem. I recommended anyone try this especially in the winter like this!! sometime i used on my knuckle when i am lazy to go get handcream when it drys, it works wonder.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by superlemon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE this stuff! Definitely my favorite of the Smith's balms/salves. I liked the original but didn't really care for the rose scent - this one is almost all mint and I love it. The texture is also a bit different - a little less solid - and it seems to have a very slight pinky-red tint. Nothing super noticeable though. It's cheap for how much you get and the packaging is adorable. It'll be a staple in my bag for as long as they make it. So forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 4:52:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using the orginal rosebud salve for almost 8 years now. It's one of the few producrs that I will go back and repurchase when I am out. I was out sephora a few weeks ago and noticed the mint version. I love anything minty so I bought it. It works fantastic. Just as well as the original version but the scent is not as strong. There is a slight minty rosebud smell, it's very pleasant. I use this salve mostly as a chapstick. It moisturizes my lips without feeling greasy. I also like to use this around my nose if it's irritated from a cold. It heals it quickly. I even used this stuff on my elbows. It's one of my holy grail items. I think I prefer the minted version. I will definitely buy more. For $7, a tin will last me a good year so it's pretty cheap because it lasts so long.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by baldymonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was underwhelmed by the strawberry version of this, but pleasantly surpised by the minted rose. Its consistency is much less firm, but seems to hold that consistency a lot better. The strawberry balm would melt like crazy in my bags, pockets, and in the sun, and this one... doesn't. Yay! I found myself liking the vaseliney texture more than I thought I would. It makes it very easy to spread and it gets into the small creases between my nail and cuticle with no tugging. But what I really love about this balm is the finish it gives lips. They look dewey. Not matte but not shiny, oily or sticky either. Just right. And don't get me started on the very, very subtle red tint. My lips look amazingly good but not "done up." It's worth the $7 just for that.

Like the strawberry one though, this also doesn't smell like what it's named. Minted rose? Yeah... I don't think so. I don't mind, seeing as I hate most floral products, but it's definitely more mentholesque than anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Katinthecorner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been buying Rosebud Salve since the days when I had to go directly to Bigelow's in NYC. I read about it in Allure ages ago, and hunted it down. I've been hooked ever since. I now buy the mint one, as the regular rose is a little to "rosy" for my taste.

Sure this is a great lip balm, but it's a great everything balm. I use at least two tins in the winter because I apply it to every chapped area of my body, nose, elbows, cuticles, etc. This is also great for prepping your lips for dark lipstick or stains. Slather on a nice glob, let it sit two minutes, then take it off with a tooth brush.

Here is why this is a brilliiant product (and at least once a year I email the company to ask them to sell this by the pint). I have eczema, so sometimes I get these awful flaky, scaly patches on my skin. I put a dab of this on the scaly part, rub it in, let it sit overnight, and BOOM my skin is almost completely healed the next day. After two or three days, my skin is totally back to normal. I've tried every other thing that is supposedly for eczema, but this is the only thing that seems to heal my skin.

This will be the best $7 you ever spend.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by tansariaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I ordered this product about 2 weeks ago, and I just got it today. After reading a lot of great reviews, I settled on the Minted Rose flavor of the Rosebud Salves. This is my first time buying from Sephora. I normally buy drugstore brands. I'm new to these balms, but so far these are my findings.

Price:
The price of the product was okay. Just okay. I'm not exactly rich right now, but I don't think the price ($7) was right for me. Yes, the balm might last you about 6-8 months, but i'm thinking of using this everyday. But, if you're willing, you can purchase this product at Sephora(.com).

Packaging:
The packaging for this product is okay, also. The tin is really cute, in my opinion, but a little bit hard to open. The trick is twist and pull up. Do not expect this product to be too big, it's pretty small. I got my hopes up pretty high, and was disappointed. But anyway, the packaging isn't bad. Remember: DO NOT leave Rosebud Salve in direct heat! The balm will most definitely MELT!

Consistency:
Many people argue that this product's consistency is like Vaseline. Frankly, I disagree. Vaseline's consistency is much more greasy and soft. Rosebud Salve's consistency is definitely greasy though, just a bit less. Rosebud Salve's texture is pretty smooth. It's petrolatum/petroleum based so it's not that great.

Tint:
Rosebud Salve in Minted Rose may have the most tint, but it is still extremely light. I cannot even notice the color. It looks absolutely clear, except if you look REALLY REALLY close in the mirror. Even then, it's pretty clear. This balm isn't for color. Don't expect a lot of it!

Moisture:
This balm was mostly created for moisture purposes. The only thing that I actually liked was this aspect. It's fairly moisturizing, but I hoped for more. This being my first Sephora purchase, I expected a lot. I put a little too much on my lips the first time. Within 15 minutes, my lips had absorbed half of the stuff. It's pretty good for moisture, so my next purchase will definitely be the original Rosebud Salve.

Scent:
I really expected this to smell like Minted Roses. Instead, it smells like... honey and mint? I don't exactly know what it smells like, but it smells like honey and mint to me. I personally don't like the smell. I've smelled real roses, and THOSE are beautifully aromatic. The mint barely smells like mint, but that's just my opinion.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this to anybody. Go ahead if you want to though. I think that using the original Rosebud Salve is a better idea.

Hope I helped! ^_^

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by VioletMuse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this lip balm. Being a mint fan, I absolutely love the smell. It's not sticky or overly glossy and gives my lips a light rosy tint. The tin lasts a long time. Seriously, I've had it for over a year now and I've probably only used half! I know if it came in tube form I would probably use more of it more as I'm not a huge fan in sticking my fingers in a tin. Either way, I think it's still pretty wonderful and I'll definitely purchase it when it runs out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by maomaouchi

I'm quite disappointed by this product. I purchased this expecting it to be the same formula as the normal Rosebud Salve, but for some reason this is more drying on my lips--I'm not sure if it's because the formula is slightly different or if it's the mint essential oil. The texture is similar to that of the original, but a little bit thinner and more greasy. It doesn't have good staying power at all, I'd say 1 hour max, more like 30 min. It adds a little bit of a pinkish tint to your lips, which looks quite cute and is housed in a vintage-looking tin. I'll def use it up, but I would never repurchase. I expected this balm to be far more moisturizing than it is.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

This is basically scented Vaseline. Feels nice and tingly on and gives a pretty light pink tint but I hate the tin packaging, and don't like that its a petroleum product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by meghan_van

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried the original and the strawberry salve. Not a fan of the strawberry. Loved the smell but didn't do much for my lips. The original was ok. For some reason whenever I am at Sephora these always call to me! I love mint, so I finally decided to give the minted rose lip balm a chance. I love it. Gives my lips a tad bit of color, basically just makes them look shiny and healthy. Love the smell. It feels a bit tingly at first, at least on my lips, but I love it!! Definitely will repurchase!