November 26, 2014 | 1727 users online

Lip Treatments - Smith's Rosebud Salve - Minted Rose Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Sraahz1

I love this much more than basic Vaseline. I like the fact that it is a minty product, and it really softens my lips. I don't love the pot they put it in, i don't find it very hygienic that you have to take some product with your fingers. But I would definitely buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Haruhi13

Glorified Vaseline just like the Rosebud Salve... but the mint is definitely a nice twist! I have superrrr dry lips, so this doesn't really do much, but for people with less chapped lips it might be nice. It's sort of a 'meh' product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by amnahp12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So first things first - y'all are going to think this is gross, but this tin has lasted me YEARS. Granted, I use it sparingly just out of laziness, but I mean, 5+ years and it's exactly the same? Okay :) And I'm not a germophobe, but I have always used this with cotton swabs or freshly washed fingers. I don't share. Hehe.

Packaging? Not a huge fan. It's cute, it works, etc etc, but if your hands are anything but DRY, it can be a pain in the butt to get the lid off. It DOES do a super job of keeping the contents protected, though.

And on to the good stuff: I LOVE THIS. I wish I could still find it at Sephora! Or anywhere. I originally got this because I loved the scent, but it has turned out to be my lipsaver time and time again. I love using it as a light gloss [I hate gloss] that gives just a hint of tint and tons of moisture and a nice plumping effect from the shine/moisture, but where this really shines is as an overnight treatment for chapped lips. Works like a charm EVERY time. Although it's petrolatum based, normal petroleum jelly [ie Vaseline] just doesn't do the same trick this one does. And best of all? When I wear this, it just wears off. No sticky chin, NO WHITE RING/CORNERS. This is the ONLY product I have ever used that didn't leave those dreaded white corners on my lips. YUCK! Who wants to sit around trying to look pretty with gross dry lips and sneakily trying to wipe the corners of your mouth with your sleeves while fluttering eyelashes up at someone? [Lol we've all been there...don't lie]

Oils refuse to absorb into my skin. Any kind of chapstick is yucky for me. Lipsticks hydrate initially and then dry out my lips h-core. And lip glosses are STICCKKKYYY. Disgusting. This? This is just wondrous. Love it. Would back up a lifetime supply.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by emeraldlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I have chapped lips, with small cracks and some peeling on the lip skin. It's like this no matter what the weather is like. I got this Smith's lip balm at Singapore for about 15SGD, I don't think it's available locally.
I have high expectations of this product as this is very popular. Sadly, it just doesn't work for me. It does not alleviate the lip cracks and peeling at all. Makes your lips look dewy when applied but moisturizing power is only for about an hour or less. I love the minty scent though.
The packaging would also have been much better if it was in a tube or another container where you don't have to expose the balm all the time; tin can is difficult to open also. There are other lip balms at cheaper prices that work better than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by thejillian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Shiny, moisturizing, and pinky! Might be better in a tube though, don't love the pot. Rose and mint, my two favorite scents together.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by sillygirl03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you have chronically dry lips that need some serious moisture, this is not going to work for you. It's sort of moisturizing at first (kind of greasy feeling), but for me, when it dried, my lips felt more chapped than they were before. I think that this would be nice for someone who doesn't necessarily NEED a lip balm, but just wants something on the lips. The smell was nice in my opinion, but I can imagine how some wouldn't like it. I also am not a fan of the petroleum. I wanted to love this, it just wasn't meant to be

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by JordanGalore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased the Minted Rose Lip Balm because of the hype and the cute tin it came in. However, I must say, I thought this lip balm would be a great addition to my lip balm collection (i'm obsessed lol), but it sadly does not live up to the hype and price I paid for it. I gave three lippies; one for the cute packaging; one for the smooth and not so thick consistency and lastly; one for the smell. Other than that, I will stick to my Burts Bees, blistex and C.O. Bigelow. I figured I first give the Rosebud Salve a go right before bedtime and hoped to wake up with moisturized/nourished lips but sadly it didnt do anything more than what my Burt's Bees already does. It's moisturizing for a short time and gives a little sheen, but other than that, dont waste your money.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Green_Girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is pretty great; it's moisturizing, smells like roses, and gives lips a minty tingle and a pretty, sheer red shine. It's a bit pricey for a lip balm, but I like it more for its natural look than anything. The salve also works well in taming eyebrows or adding some defines to eyelids, cheekbones, or anywhere else. The packaging gets banged up very easily, and the moisturizing properties don't last as long as I'd like. I took off a point for containing petroleum, and I wouldn't" repurchase for the same reason (I stopped buying petroleum-based products after purchasing this).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by vanitybe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for the perfect lip blam or lip conditioner but nothing can help my dry lip or moisture it enough until I found this amazing product at Paris ICI XL in Belgium. At first i taste cool minted feeling on my lip and after that it disappeared only the smooth lip feeling left. I love it so much and now i never have dry lip problem. I recommended anyone try this especially in the winter like this!! sometime i used on my knuckle when i am lazy to go get handcream when it drys, it works wonder.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by superlemon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE this stuff! Definitely my favorite of the Smith's balms/salves. I liked the original but didn't really care for the rose scent - this one is almost all mint and I love it. The texture is also a bit different - a little less solid - and it seems to have a very slight pinky-red tint. Nothing super noticeable though. It's cheap for how much you get and the packaging is adorable. It'll be a staple in my bag for as long as they make it. So forever.