Healthy Hoof

4.7

Deionized Water, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Soybean Oil, Lanolin, Hydrogenated Cotton Seed Glyceride, Bees Wax, Polysorbate 20, Aloe Vera, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Rosemary Oil, Dimethicone, Lavender Oil, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Hydrolyzed Protein, Allantoin, Castor Oil, Tetrasodium EDTA, FD#C Yellow #5, FD&C Yellow #6.

on 11/6/2011 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This cream is incredible-total HG. My once thin, peeling and chipping nails are now hard as a rock. I have not had a chip or a peel since I started using it. And I noticed a difference within days, which is unheard of. I have tried every brush-on strengthener there is and none have made a difference. Even the hair & nail vitamins didn't help. Apparently all I needed was a jar of of cream from CVS. You only need a tiny bit per application, so this jar could easily last for months. All for $5. What's not to love?

on 10/26/2011 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm a lifelong nail biter, and it shows - my nails are brittle and they flake, and once I see that my nails are weak and peeling it doesn't make kicking the habit any easier. I haven't been strict in applying this daily (more like every 2 - 4 days) but I have noticed a difference.

My nails look shiny but they are still very very weak. They've grown out further than they ever have before, but since most of my nails (except for my thumbs) can't even grow past my fingertips, I can't say if this product is worth it or not. Even with better hand care, my nails continue to break and peel. Healthy Hoof moisturizes my nails and makes them a little healthier, but I don't know if it's really made them stronger.

on 4/17/2011 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I have always had nails that peel and couldn't grow my nails out. Healthy Hoof really moisturizes my nails and cuticles. My nails are in much better condition and have grown out nicely ; I don't coddle my nails at all. Definitely a keeper.

on 3/29/2011 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

The full name of this product is Healthy Hoof Intensive Protein Treatment.
I wear nail polish that I remove weekly. The night before my weekly mancure I remove my polish, brush my nails well with soap and water, dry, and apply Healthy Hoof so it works overnight. In my morning remnants of the cream are on my cuticles and my nails feel stronger and look moisturized.

on 3/9/2011 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Pro: Works great for nail growth!

Con: With repeated use, the amount of protein in this dries out my nails and causes them to break. When I use hair products too frequently that contain a lot of protein my hair becomes brittle. Same thing with this product.

on 12/11/2010 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This stuff is awesome and the amount you get for the price is amazing. I bought it when i moved house 7mths ago for roughly 2.99GBP and still have over half the pot left. I use it most days and if i dont have polish on, multiple times daily. I was using burts bees lemon butter cuuticle cream but when i started using this for nail strength i found i didn't need to and my burts bees has been virtually untouched for months as this seems to do even better at moisturising the cuticle aswell as adding strength to the nails. I will be buying this faithfully for life!

on 10/25/2010 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This stuff works! I'm so amazed. I've tried so many of these creams with slow or no results, either because they had nothing or little beneficial in them. Not this product. It's full of high quality ingredients at a dirt cheap price, which makes it even more amazing. Now one of my staples.

on 7/18/2010 8:54:00 AM

I'd call this product good, but it wasn't great or what I needed for my dry skin/cuticles. My hands get very dry since I do a lot of work with them. It takes a while to sink in as well, so I left some greasy paw prints all around for a bit. The jar lasted about a month or so of maybe 1-3 times a day application of both hands and feet cuticles. It did moisturize (just not enough) and had a nice smell, though! The problem I had with the packaging wasn't that it was a jar, it's that it's a #5 plastic and I can't recycle that here. :(

on 6/25/2010 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I tried this product based on the reviews, and I have to say that this is a really good product. Like some other reviewers, I am prone to peeling nails and dry cuticles. This stuff keeps my cuticles in shape, and I'm even experiencing some nail growth. I tried Burt's Bees lemon cuticle butter. It was alright, but I like Healthy Hoof better--especially given the amount you get for the price.

on 6/2/2010 1:51:00 AM

I am a nail abuser. I don't wear gloves while doing dishes or cleaning, I use my nails to do stuff that nails were never intended to do, like pry out staples. And I hate nail polish, so can't use nail hardeners either. But Healthy Hoof works much better than hardeners, and it makes nails not only harder, but more flexible/ less brittle. It also imparts a slight sheen that looks more finished than bare nails. It really does an amazing job on nail. Helps cuticles too, but the real benefits here are to nails. Dirt cheap, lasts forever. HG nail product.

Popular Treatments