Make Up For Ever Sens Eyes

4.1

Aqua (Water), Isododecane, Methylpropanediol, Acrylates Copolymer, Ageratum Conyzoides (Ageratum Conyzoides Leaf Extract), Butylene Glycol, Butylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Glycerin, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton Seed Extract), Isobutylparaben, Mel Extract (Honey Extract), Sodium Methylparaben, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Propylparaben, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sorbic Acid, Tromethamine, CI 42090 (Blue 1).

on 6/2/2013 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

June 25/15 update:
So even though I originally gave this product 4 lippies, I'd give it 5 based on the fact that it can actually remove waterproof mascara easily. It still does stings the eyes which sucks, but it's the only product that can actually remove waterproof mascara quick, without leaving a soaked cotton pad on your eye for a minute. I put a small amount on my finger and apply it on my lids/lashes and lightly 'massage' my eyes as to get the product working and then take eye makeup remover with a cotton pad and remove it and it comes off so easy. I close my eyes tighter so the product does not get into my eyes as yes, it does sting the eyes. I wish MUFE could alter the formula so it wouldn't sting as the product was meant for sensitive eyes.. I have repurchased this several times due to the fact that I can remove my mascara quicker, and who wouldn't want a more efficient remover despite the stinging. For now, I'd repurchase until a similar product that doesn't sting comes out. If anyone knows any, please PM me. I'd like to know any recommendations. Thanks.

I got this as a sample when I went to Sephora as my friend uses it and said it takes off really difficult to remove mascara (i.e. Japanese mascara's). Instead of buying the full bottle to try it, I asked a sales rep for a sample of it. Now, I honestly have to say that this is probably one or the best mascara/eye makeup remover I've ever tried, literally. And I have tried a few and still currently use the Clean & Clear eye makeup remover (which is the dual action one where you have to shake it). At first, I tried using a cotton pad and putting it over my eyes, but I figured that the cotton pad actually absorbs most of it rather the product being on my eyes. So I put some on my fingers instead and applied to my eyes and rubbed gently. Who would've thought! This Sh*t works! It actually removed my waterproof mascara without pulling my lashes out or anything like that and the product is creamy so smoothing it around the eye is a breeze. NOW, the only downside to this product, like other reviewers said, is that it stings when it gets in your eyes! And it's supposedly made for sensitive eyes! That was the downfall to this product. The product works great, but the sting associated with it is not pleasant at all. Lucky to those reviewers who said it didn't sting. They got high eye (pain?) tolerance! I mean, I know we gals (and some guys) don't purposely put the remover into our eyes, but it's bound to get in somehow some way. Hence, I took off a lippy. Now, I'm not sure if I'd buy this, maybe continously take samples from Sephora to use it because it does work awesome. I'll still be on the search for a HG eye make up remover but for those who are thinking of this product, go get a sample from Sephora and try it out first. This product could be good for those whose eyes are 'not so sensitive'.

on 3/4/2013 10:26:00 AM

Pros -- dry finish, no residue,
-- no stinging, contact safe
-- don't need lots of product (3 wipes full eye makeup with primer, shadow, long-wearing eyeliner and waterproof mascara),
-- no black leftover in the morning,
-- easy to manipulate and dry finish, so great for spot correction.

Cons -- expensive

I was looking for a new make-up remover, because I found Neutrogena's dual one great, but it leaves a slimy finish and leftovers in the morning if you don't wash your face. I tried Sens Eyes and L'Oréal Dermo-Expertise Absolute Make-Up Remover at the same time. Same result EXCEPT, L'Oreal needed 4-5 wipes, but less product, slimy finish (but less slimy than Neutragena's dual phase) and 1/3 the price.

Still, dry finish is so nice.

on 1/21/2013 12:24:00 AM

Works great on tough, hard to remove waterproof eye make-up but does take either 2 applications or if you apply and smear over eyes and leave on for a minute or two to give it time to break down the make-up. It does burn if it gets in your eyes, which is ironic since it is supposed to be for sensitive eyes!

on 11/30/2012 10:45:00 PM

I bought this after reading all the great reviews, and wish I had tested it first. I have sensitive eyes/skin, and this really stings if it gets in the eyes (even though it claims not to!). As long as you are really careful to not get it in the eyes, it does remove makeup well. It is a gel like texture which I find I use a lot of product up when removing makeup as it soaks into the cotton pad. I will use the bottle up then go back to my HG Clinique take the day off makeup remover. I just don't love it.

on 9/17/2012 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Removes makeup really well, especially waterproof mascara. The only con to this product is that if you get it in your eye it really stings. As long as you're careful, this product will help take off all the gunk!

on 9/15/2012 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I've had this for a while and never got around to reviewing it. I love this eye makeup remover. I use it for waterproof and regular eye makeup removal. A few quick swipes and my makeup's gone, and the best part is there isn't a greasy oily residue after. I didn't have any issues, luckily, with burning or stinging. I like the gel-cream consistency and haven't found another product yet that does the job like this does for me. Would repurchase.

on 8/31/2012 9:09:00 PM

I prefer to use just my regular cleanser for removing eye makeup. However, occasionally, I will try a mascara/eye makeup that will not budge. I have tried all kinds of popular removers, like Lancomes bifacil, Cliniques etc. etc. Not only do they not work. They leave a film and get into your eyes making them blurry/sting. This one works, not only to remove super stubborn eye makeup. It leaves no film and is ultra gentle on the eye area. Excellent product, IMHO.

on 8/30/2012 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Got this in a sample size (10$ at Sephora). Works really great for me! It does not leave an oily residue. The consistency is not too thick yet not too watery... it's perfect and easy to work around with. Removed my waterproof eyeliner and waterproof mascara with ease. Will not guarantee that this product will work for every waterproof formula though.
Another great thing is that the product is scentless.

However !!!

The product stung my eyes, and this product was for the "sensitive eyes". Wow, this thing really hurt my eyes real bad. I never had a reaction like this before.
I suppose I just happened to be among the minority who has a reaction against this product. Out of curiosity, I kept using the product just to see how things go from there. To my surprise, the more I kept using the product, the less it stung. I suppose my eyeballs got used to it? Not sure what's going on there.
Just make sure that you're not applying too much on your eyes at first in case it might sting.

So far, this is the only eye makeup remover that removed waterproof eye makeup effortless in my experience as an ex-drugstore shopper (I'm slowly upscaling). This was my first higher end waterproof eye makeup remover.
I'll be using this until I find something better. Worth a try for 10$ (you can always return the product!).

on 8/21/2012 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is my new HG eye makeup remover. I sampled this at Sephora when I wanted to remove some makeup from my hand. It removed it quickly, and left my hand soft. I have been look for a creamy, oil-free remover for ages to help remove mascara (I use a mascara primer that really keeps things in place, almost like waterproof). I bought a small travel-size since I still had a bunch of my Sonia Kashuk remover at home, and boy does this work! This remover requires very little rubbing and removes my eye makeup easily, including the mascara. There are no raccoon eyes after I shower. Even with the oil-based removers, it felt difficult to remove my mascara and it didn't leave my eye area soft. It is a little pricier than some removers, but definitely worth not rubbing so much and irritating my eye area. You only need a little to get the makeup off so the bigger bottle should last a while. Definitely like the pump.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

I picked up sens eyes at Sephora when my chanel counter was out of my HG, Gentle biphase. Although sens eyes does do a decent job of removing my waterproof makeup, I had a major allergic reaction that resulted in extremely painful swollen eyes after the first day of use. After I stopped using sens eyes the swelling and irritation started to disappear.

I'm not really sure what the ingredient in this that caused such a severe reaction, I have never had a reaction to any eye makeup remover in the past and I've used several (chanel, shiseido, lancome, clinique, estee lauder, etc)

Asides from the bad reaction, I still didn't find this to work as well as my beloved chanel mu remover, or even as well as lancome bifacil.

Given the glowing reviews, I'm sure I'm in the small minority with the reaction, but this is definitely a no go for me.