MAC Brow Finisher

4.2

on 4/15/2010 1:07:00 AM

I was hoping this would keep my eyebrows in place. It does make them comb easily, but I didn't notice much of a positive effect otherwise. They still easily get messed up. For the high price, it's just not worth it.

on 4/9/2010 4:35:00 PM

I have semi-permanent make-up on my eyebrows, and just need something to flatten the brows and make them sheeny and controlled. Most brow gels leave my brows crispy, or with the brush lines in them. This is a waxy stick with a retractable end which you can just swipe over your brows to fix them in place all day without stiffness or crispiness. I use the clear as I don't need any colour deposit. Brilliant.

on 4/1/2010 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have re-purchased this product more times than I can count. I have it in wheat and I love it. My eyebrows are really sparse and it gives just enough colour without looking to harsh, and it keeps them in place really well.

on 2/22/2010 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

I was interested in trying this wax product over a gel. I like the application, but find I have to smear a lot on. I use clear, and it does keep your brows in place. But if anything brushes your brows, the wax just makes the hair stand funky until you notice it and fix it. Plus, I don't believe you can use this for the Back to MAC program. :( Boo! I will probably finish the tube, but then go back to a gel finisher.

on 1/11/2010 11:46:00 PM

I have this in clear and I find this to do what it says. I generally put powder on my brows and use this to set the powder and keep the brows in place.

on 1/8/2010 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This is a fantastic go-to product. I have it in 'Wheat', which is perfect for my dark brown brows. I normally use it with a pencil, but on days I just want a quick fix I can use this on its own and it provides enough colour and contouring.
To apply, the MUA told me to work it into the brows against the growth, and then to brush it through to distribute and shape.
It would be really convenient if MAC provided a brush at the other end of the stick - in fact, it seems like an oversight that they don't already. I remember being told that you can purchase refills, but my local counter doesn't offer this option. Worth checking at yours.

on 12/17/2009 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I've always disliked the idea of brow gels since I've never achieved a finish I wanted, the "wet" look didn't seem attractive to me at all, so when I've noticed brow wax in a stick - I immediately bought it. I use the clear version, and I love using it as a primer to my brow pencil. I have blackish brown brows, which definitely need a black pencil - but it doesn't look always as natural. I comb my brows, swipe lightly over with this to get the desired shape, fill in with a pencil, and then blend it in with the brow finisher again - it makes the black pencil appear more natural and close to my brow color. My brows don't look "waxy" or dirty after using this, rather very groomed and conditioned. It's not a heavy wax type which sticks to your skin and makes you feel uncomfortable - it's very lightweight and you never feel like you have something on. I'm looking forward to try out their colored versions, maybe they'll make my brows look even fuller. It's easy to take off with an eye m/u remover and it just melts with a cleansing oil. However there are certain minuses with this product. While the packaging is very compact and easy to use, the wax stick itself is very fragile. It broke off twice as I was using it - maybe it's partly my own mistake, as I have a heavy hand, but it still leaves something to be desired for. It's hard to tame my brows - and while it seems to keep their shape at the beginning, by the end of the day my brows don't look the same as in the beginning. It doesn't really change my opinion about this product since I still love the lightness of the formula - therefore it can be as good with keeping all the hairs in place as a heavier product would be. The price is a little steep considering it lasts me about 2 months with everyday use. Lastly, I discovered a lot of brow hairs when the product reached it's end - gross, I know, but also telling me something - maybe this product isn't as good for the health of my brows as it is for the appearance of them? All in all, I'm having mixed feelings with this one. I guess I'll continue to buy it as long as I won't find anything better (and there aren't many companies who do brow waxes, sadly).

on 12/9/2009 5:38:00 PM

Great product for my brows! Holds them in place all day, and gives my brows more definition. I use it almost everyday, and the tube has lasted me close to a year. I will definitely repurchase.

on 9/13/2009 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I'm so glad I bought this thanks to its reviews, perfect to hold my eyebrows in place

on 8/15/2009 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is much better for me than brow set. I like this because it makes my brow powder last longer. I have the clear one and I prime my brows with this and shape them correctly before applying the Coquette eye shadow as a brow powder. I am surprised that more reviewers dont use this as a primer for the brow powder becuase if I apply brow powder on clean brows it wont last or stick that well. I love this an it will always be in my arsenal. I am sorry that I did not buy more than one tube when I was in Berlin because I am near a MAC counter about once a year only!

Popular Brows Products