August 22, 2014 | 1076 users online

Lip Gloss - Victoria's Secret - Beauty Rush Gloss (all)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Beautygirl48

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am constantly finding myself running into Victoria Secret stores every time I'm at the mall just to get this gloss. It is part of my everyday makeup routine and I can't live without it! It has great shine and stays on for a long time. Unlike other glosses when starts to fade later in the day, it leaves my lips feeling soft rather than flaky. This also makes it easier to reapply. The gloss is also super reasonably priced so it is a good addition to my daily routine. Its also something that I like to throw into gifts for my friends!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by fierymermaid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I worked at VS when these came out and replaced the disgusting Secret Garden lip glosses (what a horrible smell!), and have been using them ever since! I don't know how anyone could complain that these are "sticky"...I guess if you're used to chapstick or something, then this could be sticky to you, I guess?

These come in tons of flavours, which is great because I LOVE flavoured lip gloss! And it doesn't matter who I was romantically involved, every person I've ever dated has LOVED these and constantly asked "Oh my god, what is on your lips? You taste amazing!" LOL. Some of them kinda suck. I think I Want Candy is a little nauseating.

These are super glossy with a decent staying power. Honestly, I think the longest I've ever gone without touching up is about an hour, because I always want to reapply! Some of them have shimmer, some do not. As for colour payoff, most of them or clear or just have a very light wash of colour. Yummyberry and Cherry Bomb are actually probably the most pigmented....an extremely sheer red. This doesn't bother me. I tend to wear a smoky eye quite often, and when I do I don't want bright lips. These two sheer red glosses or even a clear gloss pairs just right with a smoky eye (or bright eyeshadows; I'm a big fan of lime and pink shadows!). Being clear or sheer makes them perfect for layering over lipsticks. Honestly, I think it's just more versatile this way. If they were pigmented, you'd be stuck with just one purpose. The shimmery formulas are fun, but aren't over-the-top glitter.

VS tends to release limited edition/seasonal versions of these whenever they release such a line in the Beauty Rush body care line. I've noticed these LE ones tend to have more colour to them. For instance, Spicee Apple was a frosted sheer nude, and Cookie Kiss was shimmery sheer purple. Still sheer, but not clear like many of the glosses that are part of the regular line up.

The price on these can't be beat. Buying one is a little pricey for the amount you get, but these are always on some kind of special (2/$12, 4/$20, etc) and can be mix and matched with any of the other Beauty Rush items like the eye shadows, mascaras, blushes, colorshine gloss, dazzleshine gloss, lip balms, etc. Getting them on the sale specials is a great deal; they can end up being less than $4 each, depending on the promotion at the time (usually put on the best promotions during holiday weekends and Christmas season).

I keep these everywhere. Every purse, night stand, desk, coffee table, you name it. They're fun, feel great, taste great, smell great, great worn alone or over a lipstick, and my fiance loves when I wear them. :)

EDIT: Just wanted to add...for everyone saying these are "just like" the Bath and Body Works glosses, yes and no. Technically it's the other way around, lol. VS and B&BW are owned by the same company and you can tell a lot of their beauty products are made by the same companies. They even use a lot of the same shaped bottles for things like body sprays and lotion (though not necessarily at the same time). VS Beauty Rush glosses were a hit, and B&BW followed suit with a line of glosses. The only difference in the glosses are the flavours offered, the formula is the same. B&BW tends to have more flavours that are fashioned after baked goods and drinks, while VS has more that are fruit-inspired. So just go to the store that has the flavours you want, it's the same gloss.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2012 3:12:00 AM More reviews by karebear87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've used better and I've used worse. These glosses are very sticky, but the flavors just can't be beaten. I cannot find any other lipglosses that are so genuinely true to flavors at such a price. I love the 2 for $12 specials and whatnot. I will admit I probably keep them a little longer than I should because I get too many at once and it takes too long to go through them. These are NOT windy/bad weather glosses, unless you have your hair back ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by tgplp

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think these glosses are exactly what you would expect for this price, or maybe even better. They smell really good, and look really pretty when on your lips- perfect for everday wearing. The only problems I have with them is that they are super sticky! That doesn't bother me too much, though, in fact I almost always expect glosses to be sticky.

In a blind test, I couldn't tell apart these glosses from Bath and Body Works glosses. They actually feel the exact same, look the exact same, the only difference is the different flavors.

I reccomend these, they are nice lipglosses for the price. I have two, Strawberry Fizz and Passion Pop. Both flavors are great, Strawberry Fizz is a mild, sweet smell and Passion Pop smells citrusy and refreshing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by kayladsquared

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've got quite a few of these (like, almost twenty) and I think they are generally a good quality everyday lipgloss. They are mostly sheer, though some are on par with something like a Revlon Super Lustrous. I only have one, though, that has absolutely no glitter/shimmer in it. (Guava Girl, which looks like a pretty lilac, but is just a clear gloss that tastes like citrus.) They last a fairly long time, mostly because they are pretty sticky. I wouldn't wear these on a windy day unless my hair was pulled back way out of my face.

They all taste delicious, though, and I will continue to purchase new colors.

Some of my favorites, for the curious: Sweet Gleam (No. 1!), Tiny Bubbles, Dandy Cane, Passion Fruit Pop.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by althea77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm a complete lip gloss addict and I think this is pretty much the best stuff you can get for the price. Not as sticky as MAC and cheaper, but just as shiny. Not crazy about the flavors so much but have actually gotten compliments on the Hot Cocoanut. Pretty nude, kinda sparkly, people always think it smells like cookies. I'd recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by mya2403

Love these especially candy baby taste yummy smell yummy and look yummy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THESE! It takes me ages to get through lip products because I use them for a week or two then just forget about them.. but ive been using this since i got it a few months ago and I still love it! I have it in slice of heaven and its a very pretty sheer pink and it smells SO GOOD like sweet sugary frosting!

The consistency is medium thickness so its not super thin but its not really thick... Its very very glossy and I find it to be really comfortable to wear on my lips, very moisturizing and they last a long time on my lips! : ) I definitely reccommend!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not sure why these are such a big hype everywhere--they are very very nastily sticky and collect on the edges of your lips where they end up drying up into a weird gross white residue...The colors are not even amazing, the only one I really liked was "Slice of Heaven" because it smelled like a cupcake, but this overall product was just not at all appealing to me. I much prefer glosses that glide on smoothly and don't leave a gross residue, like H & M lip glosses.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- long-lasting
- pleasant scents

CONS

- some can be very sticky

COMMENTS

I've always loved this glosses. My favorite is Taffy Go Lucky, since it offers more pigment. Most of these are very sheer, adding some sparkle to the lips. I love pairing these over my lipsticks, it really increases the longevity of my other lip products.

Will repurchase.