December 19, 2014 | 1762 users online

Scrubs - Dermalogica - Daily Microfoliant

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by TheManyPromises

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! It has been a part of my daily skincare routine for the past year and I completley trust by the brand Dermalogica. To start off, the packaging is very hygenic and easy. I would however suggest to make sure water doesnt get inside the bottle or else the powdery product will just glue itself together into a huge lump and never come out! I use this after I wash my face with the Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel TWICE a week. I can't stress enough that this product although states 'daily' does not mean use it everyday! I made this mistake and I completley regret it. I would only reccomend using it daily if you have wicked, severe acne. After washing with this product, my skin feels so fresh and clean and smooth! The whiteheads on my forehead feel physically smooth and invisible! The smell is great, nothing chemically. If you'd like to test out the product, Dermalogica has GREAT travel size packs that are specialised for all skin types so you don't fork out lots of $$$ when you buy the full size (which lasts FOREVER since a little of this goes such a long way!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

We used this in my Esthetics school as a gentle exfoliator. Its a good exfoliator because the particles are really small. For best results, mix a small amount with a little bit of water, and work it over your skin for about 2-3 minutes. You only need to exfoliate twice a WEEK. Over exfoliating, can cause you to break out, and add dryness. This is over priced in my opinion, but it's so much better for your skin than a certain Apricot Scrub that a lot of people use. Stay away from that!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2014 7:14:00 AM More reviews by ollieblue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to love this, but overtime my skin has become more sensitive with dry patches and is unable to take a daily exfoliation with this particular cleanser.

My skin is almost immediately irritated when I rinse it off. Heightened areas of inflammation and sensitivity to any face cream that I put on afterwards; the creams sting my face.

I can use it perhaps once a week, but I need to exfoliate my skin every day and am still on the lookout for a milder, more gentle exfoliant.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

I seem to be finding products I've had for ages and never reviewed! This is my HG exfoliant. I admit I have deviated into other brands but I always come back to this one. It leaves my skin baby soft and smooth, and prevents it from clogging up and breaking out. It's pricier than most other scrubs, but it lasts ages! I really love the whole dry powder-add water-turns to mud mix. I know it sounds inelegant, but it's the best way to describe it and it's not harsh on my skin at all. I use it at night in the shower after cleansing with SKII and this combination seems to work wonders.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 8:00:00 AM More reviews by smiddenkidden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

like others, i also got this in a sample subscription service box. i'd been looking at it for a while and was pleased to finally get to try it.
first impressions left me unimpressed. it felt like corn flour and if you got a drop too much water mixed in it you were left with nothing exfoliating, just a loose creamy liquid. BUT if you get it right you end up with a scrubby paste that's not harsh at all, no stinging or scratching like with some products. you may even think it's not enough, but it works better than you think it might.
i scrubbed it around my face for the recommended minute then rinsed, patted dry with a flannel cloth, swiped on some witch hazel as a toner then put on some Snowberry Nourishing Rich Day Cream.
I normally have extremely dry skin with tons of flaking and very thick, rough texture, but this really made my face soft and did it gently without harsh acids, etc. I ended up liking it quite a bit, though i still think it's quite spendy for what it is- a very plain jane, no nice scent, simple scrub. but, it worked... and that's worth giving up a few things.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 8:18:00 AM More reviews by Caish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best exfoliator ever. Okay thats a big call. But dermalogica do the best exfoliators ever. Ive tried them all and find that the daily exfoliator is great for me to use everyday in the morning before i moisturize and put my makeup on. I have dry flaky skin, well i use to, this product removes the flakes (gently with no irritation or redness) and it allows my moisturizer to really sink in and absorb onto my fresh smooth skin so it becomes more hydrated. Making my make up look flawless. Before using this everyday i would have dry patches everywhere and makeup would get all caked and look horrible but now its smooth and prepped and flawless skin! I would also recommend using either the cream exfoliant or thermofoliant once a week before a face mask to really treat your skin!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Dive14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I really don't know what happened to this product! I used to use this every day and love it - although admittedly I followed up with a very intensive moisturiser (Super Restorative by Clarins). Anyway, the moment I used this I could visibly see my face becoming brighter and clearer - there was a definite difference after cleansing. Well I don't know if they have changed the formula in any way (or perhaps my own skin has changed i.e. become less oily) but now my face feels totally stripped after using it! Not only that but extremely irritated and taunt. I also broke out in an irritated rash. I have started to pay more attention to Paula Begoun's product reviews and she marks this product as poor. I have poured through the reviews on MUA and found many people have experienced the near enough exact same thing as me so to be on the safe side I will discontinue use. I have found far better and more gentle exfoliating products out there anyway, I don't need to use one that is going to risk irritating and drying out my face! I have found a much better product now - Kanebo Silk Peeling Powder!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by shanx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I cannot use this anymore. My skin is getting dryer and more delicate (annoying) as I get older. The last few times I used this it literally took a layer of skin off my chin and nose. The day after it looked like old sunburn. The first time it happened I gave it a pass but the results replicated with two additional uses. In the bin it went.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Malika1380

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok if not used everyday as personally it dried my skin out but ok as deep clean rather than an exfoliant I'd say every two to three days

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by MissNostalgia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Got a sample bottle of this from a sample service; it was either GlossyBox or BirchBox, I don't remember specifically.

I used it all, but, I'm really not impressed and won't be repurchasing.

I don't like the shaker style bottle.

I don't like that it smells like plain, ordinary hand soap.

I don't like that it dissolves into nothingness when I used it, I really didn't find it to be an exfoliant.

I don't like that it massively dried out my face.

And to be honest? Like seriously honest? I really believe that someone got a bar of soap, took it over a cheese-grater, put it in a little plastic bottle with a high price tag, and slapped a name on it that loads of people follow like a cult.

I'll look into some of their other products, but I won't be buying this one.