Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich foundation

3.6

water, cyclomethicone, phenyl trimethicone, butylene glycol, dimethicone, dimethicone copolyol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, octyl methoxycinnamate, isocetyl alcohol, isohexadecane, wheat germ glycerides, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, jojoba oil, hydrogenated lecithin, whey protein, sodium hyaluronate, ascorbyl palmitate, lavender, triethyl citrate, cholesterol, linoleic acid, propylene carbonate, sorbitan stearate, dimethicone copolyol crosspolymer, quaternium-18 hectorite, HDI/trimethyol hexyllactone crosspolymer, cetyl dimethicone copolyol, laureth-7, xanthan gum, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triclosan, chloroxylenol, BHT, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica.

I have long been a fan of Bobbi Brown, from the excellent counter service I have always encountered to the expertly created foundation shades, the brand is excellent! This is a good foundation, it gives me coverage and has a good feel to it (moist,as it should be). However, I hesitate to sincerely say that I would buy it again.. simply because more affordable foundations have come a long way, which means that I can get something similar for less. I don´t mind spending a bit more money on a product - as long as it is outstanding and there is no similar, more reasonably priced option. I feel I can get the same results with Mabelline Fit Me that I get from this Bobbi Brown foundation.

on 11/17/2012 5:46:00 PM

I used this foundation for a few months as it was recommended for dry skin, the colour was spot on but it left my skin quite oily and by the end of the day my face looked 'dirty', its quite a thick formula but that didn't bother me to much, but it didn't have much staying power I would recommend the product if you were very dry skin but im more normal to dry. It may sit better with powder but i dont generally like to much product on my face. Saying that somedays the foundation would sit nicely and it does provide quite a good coverage but only work with a little . In the end i just would mix the foundation with others that were to light to neutralize it really and the packaging isn't ideal. so to summarise my 50/50 review

Pros: good colour range, provides good coverage, the overall product lasts a long time, good for very dry skin
Cons: packaging, leaves skin oily, does not blend well with other makeup products like my cream blush.

I would definitely advise you to get a sample and try it out before steering completely clear of the foundation. And needless to say if your Oily Skin type STAY AWAY!!

I wear number 4 natural and and I am pale natural in the concealer

on 11/10/2012 12:29:00 PM

Wanted to try bobbi brown products after purchasing the manual. Went to NM yesterday and purchased several products. When I got out to the car and checked my look in the mirror in the sun I was shocked. Foundation was so thick and not blended very well at all. Neither was the concealer. When I took of my sunglasses I had two deep tracks on my nose. Thats how thick the foundation was. As day went on it my face felt dirtier and dirtier. Concealer flaked off around my eyes too. NM used the bobbi brown under eye cream before appying corrector and concealer. I have been used to wearing Bare Minerals for several yrs and it feels so light and blends well. Real shocker on the bobbi brown. Gonna experiment for a while but not sure I can take it - any advise?? I am 59 yrs old and have fair skin and blond hair.

on 9/27/2012 2:32:00 PM

I have been using this foundation for 8 years since the lady at the makeup counter did it for me. I liked it and stuck to it because prior to that every foundation i tried was either too pink based or grey looking (I am very pale). I use warm ivory.
However recently I am thinking I'd like a change. It has been my favourite because to date it's been the best match but I am sure I can find a better foundation somewhere! The negatives are that sometimes I think it looks heavy as if it just sits on top of my skin and my skin looks dry. It looks like I've put a layer of paint on my face if i put too much on!

on 9/4/2012 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have really dry skin and this foundation is the best I have come across. I use a very thin layer of it to even out my skin tone and then I use a BB foundation stick, and that gives me great coverage. It feels very hydrating and unlike most other foundations, my skin doesn't look dry after a whole day. However, I hate the fact that the bottle doesn't have a pump. It's unhygienic and a lot of the product ends up in the sink. It is a bit expensive, but I would buy this product again, because it makes my skin look beautiful!

on 7/3/2012 2:46:00 AM

This foundation was the first ever high-end expensive foundation I bought for myself.
The coverage is light-medium. I found that it gets streaky if applied with the Bobbi Brown foundation brush which the sales persuaded me to buy with it. I had to use my finger to apply it to make it even.

It is said to be moisture rich, but I don't really find it moisturising. My skin is normally very good in summer, not oily nor dry. So in summer time when I used this foundation, it was fine although the lasting power is not very good (a few hours) compared to other high-end brands such as Armani or Chanel. But in winter time, when my skin is very dry and almost flaky, this foundation has given me a lot of break-out and made me look like a peeled orange at times. I tried a lot of methods like puttin grich moisturizer and primer underneath, and using good loose powerder to set it. It just simply did not work for me in winter time.

A lot of reviewers here said they didn't get a pump with the foundation. Strangely, they always come with a pump when sold here (Australia/NZ).

Overall, this foundation is not that bad. I still use it on a good skin day in summer. I just simply do not want to waste it after paying so much for it. But would I repurchase? Hell no!

on 6/28/2012 5:14:00 AM

I have this foundation in Natural (I think that's shade no. 4) because unfortunately BB only has 4 or 5 shades available in the Singapore market (despite all the tall claims about catering to south asian skin tones) and my face is always a little too white. my mother always comments on how I have patches of white on my face... since then I've pretty much stopped using it.

this foundation is an absolute no-no in humid weather...within 1-2 hours the foundation will start looking streaky...and it feels SO THICK that your skin can't breathe...and I only put in a drop...so you can imagine !!

I've changed to MAC Studio Sculpt which is incredibly rich.... but it matches my skin tone perfectly so I will continue using it until I find a better alternative.

on 5/30/2012 10:53:00 AM

I have been using this foundation for a while and to be honest I think there are better foundations out in the market place now.
I have dry skin so I do like that this foundation is moisturising. However I find that it takes a while to blend into the skin properly . It also seems to slide off quickly and it only lasts a couple of hours at the most. I fix it with powder but find the greasy texture can sit into fine lines and look patchy..
Its not a bad foundation but I know I can get better and I won't buy this one again. Its also very expensive and with the bottle it comes in it is easy to pour out to much and waste it.

on 5/18/2012 7:29:00 AM

Cons:
- Too yellow
- Too greasy
- Despite supposedly being "moisturizing", it feels so heavy on your face.
- Low coverage
- Doens't stay put for more than an hour or two
- No pump=unhygenic
- $$$
Pros:
- Easy to blend
- Not bad to mix in with more thicker, higher coverage foundations.
Would I repurchase? No way.

on 5/15/2012 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I don't understand why this product has had such bad previous reviews, or if it's just that people have unrealistically high expectations of what a foundation can hold. I have dry, tight - kinda flakey facial skin, and obviously a foundation is not going to make that go away or hide that problem, the right beauty regime is the only thing that is going to help but as far as foundations go I find that this product helps soothe my skin. It's formula is super spreadable so a little goes a long way, like all foundations it will cling to your dry patches but not nearly as bad as other formula's I have tried. Plus the inclusion of jojoba oil in the product helps to deal with the root of the problem too.

The colour is awesome, being a super pale lady and being previously turned away from Clinique as they didn't do a foundation pale enough I was very surprised to find that I was the second palest shade in this foundation - porcelain! It's yellow base also helped calm down the red undertones to my skin which is of vital importance to me in a foundation. It is buildable and not too cakey looking at all.

The only issue is that because it is designed for dry skin it's not going to give you a super matte look as it's main intention is to provide moisture. A simple brush of powder over the top can fix this problem and I find if I am having a good skin day and I don't need moisturiser this foundation looks AMAZING when I skip that step, a moisturiser underneath can make it prone to slipping off plus limits it's ability to hide imperfections. I usually remedy this by moisturising the night before.

It has also never broke me out which is important to me as even though I have dry skin I am still prone to spots around my T-Zone area. I am guilty of forgetting to take my make-up off numerous times with this foundation on and have never suffered the consequences plus the foundation is still on my face when I wake up which shows it's staying power.

overall, I am in love with this foundation and have been using it for a couple of years, I cannot imagine switching unless my skin becomes magically hydrated again. Obviously, each to their own, if you don't have dry skin problems then go for something else, try a sample if you're not sure as £28 is rather pricey but this is what works for me.