September 1, 2014 | 1463 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Moisture Rich foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by sarahhs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have really dry skin and this foundation is the best I have come across. I use a very thin layer of it to even out my skin tone and then I use a BB foundation stick, and that gives me great coverage. It feels very hydrating and unlike most other foundations, my skin doesn't look dry after a whole day. However, I hate the fact that the bottle doesn't have a pump. It's unhygienic and a lot of the product ends up in the sink. It is a bit expensive, but I would buy this product again, because it makes my skin look beautiful!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2012 2:46:00 AM More reviews by rewfak

This foundation was the first ever high-end expensive foundation I bought for myself.
The coverage is light-medium. I found that it gets streaky if applied with the Bobbi Brown foundation brush which the sales persuaded me to buy with it. I had to use my finger to apply it to make it even.

It is said to be moisture rich, but I don't really find it moisturising. My skin is normally very good in summer, not oily nor dry. So in summer time when I used this foundation, it was fine although the lasting power is not very good (a few hours) compared to other high-end brands such as Armani or Chanel. But in winter time, when my skin is very dry and almost flaky, this foundation has given me a lot of break-out and made me look like a peeled orange at times. I tried a lot of methods like puttin grich moisturizer and primer underneath, and using good loose powerder to set it. It just simply did not work for me in winter time.

A lot of reviewers here said they didn't get a pump with the foundation. Strangely, they always come with a pump when sold here (Australia/NZ).

Overall, this foundation is not that bad. I still use it on a good skin day in summer. I just simply do not want to waste it after paying so much for it. But would I repurchase? Hell no!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2012 5:14:00 AM More reviews by beardpapa

I have this foundation in Natural (I think that's shade no. 4) because unfortunately BB only has 4 or 5 shades available in the Singapore market (despite all the tall claims about catering to south asian skin tones) and my face is always a little too white. my mother always comments on how I have patches of white on my face... since then I've pretty much stopped using it.

this foundation is an absolute no-no in humid weather...within 1-2 hours the foundation will start looking streaky...and it feels SO THICK that your skin can't breathe...and I only put in a drop...so you can imagine !!

I've changed to MAC Studio Sculpt which is incredibly rich.... but it matches my skin tone perfectly so I will continue using it until I find a better alternative.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by GoldenMonkey

I have been using this foundation for a while and to be honest I think there are better foundations out in the market place now.
I have dry skin so I do like that this foundation is moisturising. However I find that it takes a while to blend into the skin properly . It also seems to slide off quickly and it only lasts a couple of hours at the most. I fix it with powder but find the greasy texture can sit into fine lines and look patchy..
Its not a bad foundation but I know I can get better and I won't buy this one again. Its also very expensive and with the bottle it comes in it is easy to pour out to much and waste it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by bubblegumpoo

Cons:
- Too yellow
- Too greasy
- Despite supposedly being "moisturizing", it feels so heavy on your face.
- Low coverage
- Doens't stay put for more than an hour or two
- No pump=unhygenic
- $$$
Pros:
- Easy to blend
- Not bad to mix in with more thicker, higher coverage foundations.
Would I repurchase? No way.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Rosevin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't understand why this product has had such bad previous reviews, or if it's just that people have unrealistically high expectations of what a foundation can hold. I have dry, tight - kinda flakey facial skin, and obviously a foundation is not going to make that go away or hide that problem, the right beauty regime is the only thing that is going to help but as far as foundations go I find that this product helps soothe my skin. It's formula is super spreadable so a little goes a long way, like all foundations it will cling to your dry patches but not nearly as bad as other formula's I have tried. Plus the inclusion of jojoba oil in the product helps to deal with the root of the problem too.

The colour is awesome, being a super pale lady and being previously turned away from Clinique as they didn't do a foundation pale enough I was very surprised to find that I was the second palest shade in this foundation - porcelain! It's yellow base also helped calm down the red undertones to my skin which is of vital importance to me in a foundation. It is buildable and not too cakey looking at all.

The only issue is that because it is designed for dry skin it's not going to give you a super matte look as it's main intention is to provide moisture. A simple brush of powder over the top can fix this problem and I find if I am having a good skin day and I don't need moisturiser this foundation looks AMAZING when I skip that step, a moisturiser underneath can make it prone to slipping off plus limits it's ability to hide imperfections. I usually remedy this by moisturising the night before.

It has also never broke me out which is important to me as even though I have dry skin I am still prone to spots around my T-Zone area. I am guilty of forgetting to take my make-up off numerous times with this foundation on and have never suffered the consequences plus the foundation is still on my face when I wake up which shows it's staying power.

overall, I am in love with this foundation and have been using it for a couple of years, I cannot imagine switching unless my skin becomes magically hydrated again. Obviously, each to their own, if you don't have dry skin problems then go for something else, try a sample if you're not sure as £28 is rather pricey but this is what works for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Urbanmodcloth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It was my first time buying makeup all from one company. I had never really tried any liquid foundation so it was surprising when I found out that a good company like bobbi brown had sucky foundation. Firstly the lady who helped me gave me the wrong color, i didn't notice until i had used it and it was too late to return it. Secondly it is not full coverage so you still see the red bumps and i am a slightly dark person so i was surprised when it still showed. Also the makeup looks very fresh in the first hour but looks caked in the second hour even with primer and finishing powder! I don't ever want to buy from this company ever again. Shouldn't have wasted my money.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by simpletina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The colour I chose was Porcelain and it is the closest to my colouring that I have ever had from a foundation, although it is just a little too dark in contrast to my chest but I am really fussy!
The coverage is medium when built up but does go a little steaky when you put too much on the one go. It doesn't cover any of my spots of red patches but that is what I use concealer for instead.
My one big FAIL with this foundation is that it does not last. One or two hours later and it has slid of my face :( not what I would expect when paying such a high price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by DPD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although I have about 8 different bases in my collection consisting of foundations & tinted moistuisers Ive always had this one on the go and generally cone back to it ime and again.

However as of late Im not liking it as i actually fall between 2 colours honey and warm natural. I have honey and find if i use too much i can look a little orange.
I also have trouble getting the finish right i can put on a layer and blend it and it looks not enough putting a second or heavier layer means it looks like im wearing foundation which i hate and looks greasy rather than dewy.

I think when I started sing this foundation it was ahead of its time but i think technology has moved on so much and i dont think bobbis foundation has. She has reformulated her oil free one nw called lasting fnish or something and her TM but not this one. Ive sad I wiuld repurcase but there are so many new ones out there that im not sure. I might try her Skin one but only if the colour is spot on. I generally like to have 3 bases at any one time to choose from - a TM, an light everydy foundation which ths wouldve been and something ith more coverage for special occasions where I know i need flawless cover if im being phoographed currently MAC Studio Sculpt.

I wear alot of Bobbis products, concealer, powder, corrector, shimmerbricks but as of late Im not too happy with this foundation - and i have almost a full bottle - oh well !

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by ainiib

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation lately and I love it! For years I have been searching for a foundation that doesn't sink into the dry patches on my skin which happens regularly with every foundation I have tried. I have an oily-ish t-zone but I get these flaky patches on my cheeks some of the time that most foundation highlights so I am delighted not having to walk around with big blotches of foundation on my skin.
It has a really nice finish on my skin, the perfect in between of matte and shiny. I love the natural looking coverage but it also builds up nicely to a full coverage for a night out, still with no patches:) I also like the lavender smell, although it mightn't be to everyone's taste.
I can never seem to find a foundation colour that suits me perfectly, apart from mac nc35 but I don't really like mac foundations on myself. I got this in natural tan and it was perfect with it's slightly yellowy tone as most others seem to be too red or white based.
The only thing that I didn't particularly like is the packaging, I find those glass bottles a bit annoying, it could do with a pump.
Overall I loved it and I will be making this my foundation of choice.