December 21, 2014 | 1708 users online

Cleansers - Aura Cacia - Grapeseed Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by trinityblade24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This has done wonders for the tone, clarity, and softness of my facial skin. I have acne prone, oily skin and am on prescription retinoids. The retinoids made my skin irritated and dry and peeling, and other moisturizers could not combat that. But using GSO, all of that has changed and my skin is clear, soft, radiant, and glowing!

What I do is after I apply my retinoid at night, I massage in a pea sized drop of GSO on my face...the key is not to put too much or it will be too slick. Just enough to get a fine layer of moisture in. In the morning I just rinse my face off with warm water, and I look as if I just had a facial! I don't bother with washing and moisturizing again, just slap on sunscreen and my makeup and I'm out the door.

The real trick with GSO and I'm sure any other oils, is not to use so much...this has never broken me out, and GSO is so good for the skin, it's full of good fatty acids and micronutrients, as grapeseeds are full of nutrition (seeds after all, are meant to grow new plants).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

This is a nice light oil that is less stickier than castor oil. I add a few drops to my bath water with an essential oil, and my skin feels really hydrated. I used it on my face after cleansing, but I didn't care for the use of the product on my face since my skin looks dull after using this. I like using grapeseed oil on my hair as well- it moisturizes my natural texture hair really well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by andersonk1987

This review is for grapeseed oil in general, not this particular brand.
I LOVE grapeseed oil. Let me tell you guys, I have had breakouts and oily skin since I can remember and have tried EVERY single beauty product and/or acne wash on the shelves. Nothing worked for me. I started using all natural products, and my skin just started singing hallelujah. I use this to get all the dirt or makeup off my face at the end of each day, and to moisturize. I promise you, if you have large pores and oily skin like I do, you rub this into your skin for a few minutes, and you will feel the sebum plugs start to escape. This is so gross, but I massaged it into my skin for almost ten minutes once (my arms were so tired, haha) and so many plugs came out that it started to feel like an exfoliating oil....YUCK!! I had blackheads all around my face, and while I'll admit that it did make me purge, especially on my chin, it wasn't that big of a deal for me. I kept wondering why my chin was breaking out so badly, and then after my 5th or 6th huge pimple on my chin, I looked at the area closely and realized that almost all my blackheads were gone, and everything was just coming to the surface. It took me several weeks to start purging, and the damage really wasn't that bad. My ONLY complaint about grapeseed oil is that sometimes when I rub it all over my face before bed, the next morning my eyes sting slightly, like there's something in them. I hope people with oily skin will bite the bullet and just try this oil, or any oil for that matter. I have not used any soap or toner or moisturizer (except this oil) on my face in over a month, and I don't even experience but the occasional hormonal breakout anymore. People with oily acne prone skin I think can appreciate the fact that I haven't sudsed my face in that long. Any questions, please PM me, I hope it can work for you like it has for me.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm using this as makeup remover and it works like a dream. Does not cause breakout and doesn't feel oily.

I massage into my face for one minute to loosen makeup, wipe off with cotton pad and repeat. Feels clean and not oily at all. Love it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 5:19:00 PM More reviews by LiisUsa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

*UPDATE* I used this as many here suggested but it didn't help me at all. It didn't sink in, just sat there and finally it caused blemishes which I don't get anymore so this was a major bust

OP:
Whoa, this stuff is heavy and greasy compared to my Trader Joes jojoba, which is the only oil with which I have to compare right now. This doesn't sink in on my face or body. Since I ave only been using this for a few weeks, I'm giving this a neutral rating but aside from liking the great non-spill cap, I'm not sure about this. If I break out or have a beautiful breakthrough with this I'll update but for right now the fact that it doesn't sink in my skin, but doesn't want to come off with cleanser is annoying.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by makeupman05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the scent of this oil, so light and absorbs easily. Normalized my skin, pores are barely visible now and blemishes and acne are starting to clear up. Overall, second to the best product that I have ever used.

After a week of using grapeseed oil, it made my skin so utterly soft and supple that even my friends were noticing the huge diffference.

Thank you Lord for creating nature, this is god send product.

UPDATE: THIS OIL MAY ACT AS IF ITS THE BEST THING THAT YOU EVER USED IN THE BEGINNING, BUT AFTER PROLONGED USE IT PRODUCES WHITEHEADS AND TINY RED BUMPS

I NOW HATE THIS OIL SOOOO MUCH.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by N0ELxBOMBSHELL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For all of my life, my general skin concern was something like... dullness. Not really "dull" but generally I looked unhealthy. Recalling comments from my older sister like; "you need a tan or something. Or from friends on days of no makeup and makeup wear off such as; "Are you sick?" I generally blamed it on my olive skin, being of a yellowish beige leaving a green cast to my veins making me look permently like I'm about to pass out or puke. Bronzer was my best friend for life.

I had used glycolic acid and antioxidents but they did nothing to put life back into my skin (wonders for the texture though,) taken a heap of vitamins and wore a lot of tinted moisturizer. At the end of the day though, still looking like I need a nap and a bowl of soup.

Then one day, I was browsing MUA and saw the rave reviews on GSO. I was actually considering it for a breakout I was experiencing and had used Jojoba oil in the past and has since been my HG night moisturizer. (Skin so dry in the winter it cracked and bled.) I figured another natural oil would do no harm.

Not only did my breakout subside, but after two days now, my skin is:
Radient. Glowing. Gorgeous. I can't stop getting up and looking at my reflection. Even my dark circles look better.

I actually bought a huge bottle intened for cooking from my local health food store, a clunky glass thing but they didn't have a cosmetic version. I'm pretty sure its the same thing anyway ("100% pure cold pressed.)

*Routine; Post cleanse, remove my makeup and massage the GSO into my skin for about five minutes. I've witnessed grains on my fingers of dislodged clogs as other members have. Rinse with warm water and let my skin drink up the leftover residue. Wait 20 min or so and continue with my glycolic, eye cream and antioxident.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by msbadras

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Where has this been for the last few months of my life!!! After going through some stress my face has taken a beating. I initially went to whole foods looking for either almond or avocado oil for my skin. The grapeseed oil kinda jumped out at me so I gave it a try. I was love at first use. In no time it absorbed into my skin. After reading somewhere that it could be used a toner I gave it a try on my face that was already in full break out mode. Wonderful-that much I can say.

I make my own scrub using brown sugar and a few drops of olive oil and use the grapseed oil as a moisturizer and it is great. All of the breakouts cleared up in a matter of 2 days and my skin looks 100% better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by herama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is for Grape seed oil in general. I have NOT used Aura Cacia brand. I purchased Whole Foods food-grade.
Let's see, I have had adult acne for about 10 years now (I'm 40). That is, the cystic type that really sucks! I used to have super oily skin, but I guess years of benzoyl peroxide use has really dried it out. But that doesn't stop the cysts! I also use retin a, so I really need a moisturizer, but all the commercial stuff clogged my pores and/or caused worse acne. So I tried many kinds of oil: jojoba (eventually broke me out), argan, macadamia, hemp, coconut, etc etc. All clogged pores or caused cysts either immediately or within a few weeks. I though jojoba was okay, but when I stopped using it, cysts lessened. Plus, it was kinda greasy.
Don't know why it took me 2 years to finally try GSO. I realized that was the base oil in my UV Naturals sunblock, a product which does NOT cause me breakouts despite it's oiliness. So I got some GSO a few months ago. Whoa! Weird, I couldn't believe how quickly it absorbed. My skin was dry minutes after applying. And the next day, I couldn't figure out what looked different about my skin - a minimizing of pores!
First I tried just a little and it was not moisturizing enough. Almost drying, in fact. Fearful of worsening acne, I didn't want to slather it on. I then bought some all-natural, expensive moisturizer I really liked (Grateful Body), and that seemed to moisturize better, but the amount I had to use makes it prohibitively expensive.
So a week or so ago, I decided to up the GSO. I apply after washing my face and application of retin a. Then I apply even more GSO a while later. I SLATHER it on before bed. Literally. So that my face feels oily. When I get up in morning, my face is DRY, but the redness and irritation i've been having for months due to the retin a is SO much improved! It's amazing. I can even put this stuff over skin that has cysts and it does not seem to worsen them! Wow. LOVE it. For the price, how can one NOT try it?? My skin still isn't great, but it's definitely better using this oil
The only downside to this is that even Whole Foods doesn't seem to carry organic GSO. That's odd. And since grapes are sprayed with alot of pesticides, that kind of worries me. Yes, it's the seed, but grapes are very thin skinned, so....
But I will continue to use this for as long as it works so well for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 10:47:00 AM More reviews by becky129

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked this up at Whole Foods for about $5, and boy, what a find! I had been delving into oils for several months, and was on the search for an oil that was light enough to use under makeup but still provided some moisture (my sunscreen was drying me out).

This grapeseed oil is just what I was looking for. It is not as drying as hazelnut, but still light enough to wear under makeup. It gives my skin a healthy glow, and makes it feel so SOFT.

For reference, here are other oils I have tried for my sensitive, acne prone skin:

argan - nice slip, too emollient for under makeup and more expensive than other oils.
blueberry seed - very emollient, didn't smell very good, caused severe flushing and itchiness
hazelnut - very astringent, a very dry oil, not moisturizing enough for me
pomegranate - too emollient for me
neem - smells like beef bouillon, but I LOVE this as a spot treatment for breakouts, sores, whatever. Very healing.

Here are the many uses I have found for my wonderful grapeseed oil:

*Use it as a precleanse to remove mascara and makeup/sunscreen. I let it sit just long enough to brush my teeth, then follow with Earth Science ADE Creamy Cleanser (another fav!). Removes all makeup easily and leaves my skin soft, clean and not dried out.

*Slather a healthy layer on face before bedtime to moisturize and treat my skin to antioxidants. I awake with soft, clear, glowing skin.

*Apply a thin layer after toner and before sunscreen in the AM. It provides just enough moisture to keep my all zinc sunscreen from drying me out.

All this for $5! I couldn't be happier.

19 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No