October 25, 2014 | 1770 users online

Treatments - Nail Life nail revitalizer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by ShannonS1207

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had gel nails for nearly 15 years on and off ( mostly on) and finally made the decision to just let them grow out. Some of my nails grew out and some of the gels I could peel away( do not recommend peeling them though- makes your nails super weak) As they were all growing out- my nails need some serious help so I went to sally's and saw this.. ( the sa said that it's similar to nailtique) I put two coats on my bare nails, followed by a base coat and then my color. I started using it in Oct and two months later- my nails are healthy and actually feel strong.. (they were weak and paintful to the touch) It dries super quick and leaves your nails with a nice glossy shine... I would highly recommend this as a treatment for weak nails.. I do it about every 2 weeks..(make sure you coat the underside of your nails too)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 4:35:00 PM More reviews by MetalMusicGirl

Ive had this product for years. I decided one day on a whim to try it to grow my nails out and I am sure glad I did. Its the original formula and its awesome. My nails used to split when they grew at all and with this product I have the longest nails Ive ever had. I was a nail biter for years and I went through wearing fakes for awhile. But now that I can see I can grow my own I will never go back to fakes again. A couple of my nails did split but I just glued them back together with super glue and they are still growing. I love this stuff I highly recommend it. I sometimes even forget to put it on and it still works great it does take awhile to dry over freshly polished nails but other that that I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2009 11:43:00 AM More reviews by shugiena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this stuff is excellent & works great as long as you apply it as directed (one coat ever day)!! The price is a little bit high but at least it does work. You could wait to buy it until Sally's has coupons for it.
If you have thin nails and want to grow them out, use this product and you won't be sorry but very happy.
***Try to get the product WITH formaldehyde because the formaldehyde free version will peel after about 5 days.*******

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2009 12:45:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Early review but after about a month or so I can honestly say this really seems to be working! My nails feel harder, peelies are going away (and the ones that I had are not worsening ~ if anything this helps keep them smooth until they grow out) and I'm finally getting some length again on nails that were typically hard to grow. I've tried both the Original and Formaldehyde Free versions and I like both! I try to alternate them to make sure I'm getting all the benefits. The square bottles are over an ounce big which is 2x the size of regular polishes (0.5 oz) so it's a really good deal IMO.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2009 8:09:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This really hydrates and strengthens my nails. It dries quickly to a smooth, glossy finish. For $7.99 you get 1 oz, and this month there's a $2 coupon at Sally. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2009 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Daisy1012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Finally I've found some help for my poor peeling nails! I've tried too many to count so called solutions for my peeling nails and this is the only one that has worked. It dries super fast, doesn't peel (I have the original formula) and is very shiny. I used it for a week and filed down the existing peelies and my nails are back to looking great. The price is great since you get a giant bottle. This will forever be in my stash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 1:21:00 PM More reviews by jaqi16

I really love this stuff. I got the original formula. You get a huge bottle for about $7.50. I think this may be exclusive to Sally's, but I'm not sure. The treatment goes on the nail clear and seems to really hydrate the nail, it smooths down flakes/peelings and makes it look hydrated (like you just dipped it in the most hydrating oil). It leaves a very shinny finish, so if you didn't want to put polish over it you don't have to.

{The directions on the bottle say to use it under polish and let dry, polish and let dry, use treatment again and let dry, then use your top coat, reapply this daily for a week, then remove and start over. }

Personally I use this, then my base coat, polish and top coat. I do not reapply this until the following polish change. I usually change my polish weekly, and I notice even after I use my nail polish remover my nails continue to look so much more hydrated and healthy. I really think this is helping my nails. I've noticed my polish stays on a long time and is chip free as well. I will continue to repurchase this!!!! ♥ HG ♥!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2007 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Sunny4475

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had been wearing acrylic nails for over a year, and couldn't afford to keep them up. So I had them taken off, and of course my nails under were a mess. Desperate for some decent looking nails, I bought this at Sally's. I have been using it for a couple months now, and for the first time in years I have nice nails. I still cant let them grow to long or they chip. But if I keep them I nice active length they are strong and look nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2007 8:45:00 PM More reviews by CMadruga

So, after 16 years, I have finally taken off my acrylic nails and I needed something to strengthen my nails as they grow out. I've been using this product now for about a month and what a difference. I keep trying different products, but always come back to this product. It strengthens my nails without making them super hard and non-flexible. My only complaint is that it sure flakes up fast on the corners and no matter what products I pair with it, I can only get about 2 days out of a manicure without it looking like complete trash. This is the formaldehyde free formula, and I have read that the lack of this ingredient is what makes it peel faster - but, who knows. It is a great product and sure has helped my nails grow super fast and without breakage.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2006 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Janam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My sisters have used this for a couple of years and love it so I thought I would try it. I love it and have FINALLY been able to grow out my thumbnails, which would always split down to the quick. Be vigilant and try to use it every day. Be patient. It may take a month for your nails to really shape up, but this stuff works and my nails don't break if I accidently hit them on a hard surface. Note: I don't like the formaldehyde free formula because it peels off too easily. Secondly: the bottom 25% of the bottle seems to get too thick and takes a long time to dry.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No