Ahava Mineral Hand Cream

4.3

Aqua (Water), Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ceteareth-30, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Benzoic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Propanediol, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Flower Water, Maris Sal (Dead Sea Water), Dimethicone, Parfum (Fragrance), Allantoin, Lactic Acid, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha Isomethyl Lonone, Citronnellol, Geraniol, Isoeugenol, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate

I received a sample of this in the July 2011 Birchbox. It's very moisturizing without being overly greasy. I wasn't crazy about the scent at first, but I got used to it eventually. I don't think I'd buy a full-size tube of this because it's pretty pricey for me, but otherwise it's a decent hand cream. I'd like it more if the scent weren't quite so strong.

on 8/10/2011 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Living in Chicago in winter time is so brutal. My hands constantly dry out and become ashy. This is just what I need. It's soft, buttery, and absorbs into your skin in seconds! I don't care too much for the scent but I did enjoy the fact that it did as it claimed and wasn't sticky or greasy.

The only thing I can not like about the product (besides the fragrance) is the packaging. I would have like a flip top instead.

on 8/8/2011 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I too received this from Birchbox and was skeptical at first. So many creams are too heavy and greasy, or take half the bottle to make a difference. This was totally the opposite! Just a dab and my hands are quickly moisturized without being greasy or gross. It absorbs so quickly, it's heaven-sent! This is definitely a great cream for year round - whether it's the summer heat or winter cold, it absorbs fast and is feather-light while still nourishing my hands. Love!

on 8/4/2011 3:19:00 PM

I got a sample size of this from Birchbox and I was pretty skeptical, but once I tried it I was sold! It is easily absorbed into the skin and it leaves your hands so nice and velvety. I like that the scent is very soft and not overpowering. I think that the price for a full size ($20!!!) is a bit steep though and that's what has held me back from purchasing the full sized version, although I may just suck it up and buy it once I'm out of my sample. Definitely a great product!

on 5/17/2011 10:38:00 PM

I think this cream reminds me a lot in smell and texture of Johnson and Johnson baby lotion. The fragrance is overwhelming, a little too strong for my taste. I am a person that suffers from eczema and all of my dermatologist recommends staying away from things containing fragrances, which this product clearly has yet is supposedly going to help "relieve" eczema. I don't think the product is horrible but its certainly not worth splurging $20 for a hand cream that gives your hands this rubbery feeling that many other drugstore hand cream does for less than half the price with a not so great fragrance. Overall, its an average hand cream, it does the job but for the price you would expect more.

on 1/23/2011 9:00:00 PM

I am a certified hand cream junky -- and this is absolutely my favorite. A close second is the hemp hand cream from The Body Shop. The Ahava hand cream makes my hands feel silky and soft and I would wear the fragrance as a perfume if it was available. Love this! (It does need a flip lid, though.)

on 12/15/2010 9:40:00 AM

Nice lightweight hand cream. Keeps my hands soft and smooth while providing a floral scent. Not sure if this would work on super dry skin but for my hands it works great.

on 10/30/2010 9:42:00 AM

Great non-cloying scent, not sticky at all and fades into our skin quickly leaving velvety hands. Love this hand cream!

I would rather have a flip-lid on this, as it is more practical on hand creams, so you wont smear in the tube with cream. But everything else is top notch!

on 9/26/2010 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I freaking love this hand cream. It smells so good but, soft. It works well make your hands feel like velvet!

on 6/13/2010 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

2013 edit - I must prefer L'occitane Shea Butter 20% handcream now and even though the smell on this is addicting, it doesn't soften my hands as much as it used to.
2010 - My friend went to Israel and bought this for me. She swears by this brand, the smell is so addicting. This much better than the body lotion. It's refreshing, incredibly moisturizing without being greasy. Isn't sticky. Immediately makes my parched skin more soft.

Top Rated Ahava Products