DERMAdoctor KP Duty Exfoliating Scrub

on 8/13/2009 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought this with the lotion a few months back. It did smooth my arms, but it made no difference in the redness or bumps associated with Keratosis Pilaris. I used this every other night and I used the lotion in the morning and at night. I saw no improvement unfortunately. It was $44 and the lotion was $36 so it's expensive in my opinion. It lasted more than a month and it does work as a basic scrub, but not at treating KP. At least not for me.

on 6/29/2009 8:31:00 PM

I have had Keratosis Pilaris (chicken skin) on my arms for as long as I can remember. it was always embarrassing when people would say "what is that?" or "wow your arms look really dry," thinking it is just dry skin. It is not dry skin an ex foliating scrub will not work if you actually have Keratosis Pilaris. This has helped me sooo much. I use this about three times a week in the shower just on my arms, scrubbing for about 20 seconds. I also use the KP Duty lotion by DERMAdoctor. Yes it is expensive, but it has really diminished the red bumpy look of my arms. I want to tell everyone with my problem to try this product. I have tried prescription products from my dermatologist, but honestly this works WAY better. I will repurchase forever to keep my Keratosis Pilaris under control. it really is hardly noticeable anymore.

on 3/28/2009 12:34:00 PM

I LOVE this product. Just remember to turn off the shower, or at least step away, then scrub, scrub. It has turned my old flakey legs baby soft, and my bumpy upper arms smooth again. I follow with any good DS lotion.

Only negative is that I would prefer a pump despenser or anything beside a tub for sanitary reasons....additionally, I'm a klutz and can easily drop it and have a major product loss, which would make me cry.

on 2/17/2009 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

FINALLY! A solution to my suspiciously dry skin! It got rid of the hideous desert-like cracks on my shins, and the KP bumps on my arms are almost all gone too. I also use this pretty aggressively on my armpits . My ONLY complaint is that I didn't buy it sooner. If you have extremely dry, non-sensitive skin (which I do), than this product is PERFECT. Follow the instructions on the box. Using it on dry skin is a must, I did add just a touch of water when I couldn't spread it around or when it started to feel a little too abrasive. I leave it on for a couple minutes, than rinse off. It preps my skin to soak in any moisturizer or oil afterwards. I absolutely LOVE it! Will most definitely repurchase over and over and over again!!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I use this product on my face and body, even though the box says not to use it on your face. It has a chemical and physical exfoliant, which I find extremely effective. Its great for getting rid of the dead cells on your feet (esp. summertime) and I use it all over my legs (dry, like the previous reviewer mentioned) and rub in circles before rinsing off. For my face, I apply it to damp skin, since the granules are really rough and uneven shaped, its not meant for the face. But I rub it really gently and then leave it on for a minute or two in the shower before rinsing off. Its really best to use this in the shower, so you can get rid of all the granules. The downside is the packaging is in a large tub, which can easily get contaminated with bacteria from stagnant shower water, or your dirty hands. Oh well. I was going to get the version for the face, but the body exfoliant was a much better bang for your buck (I mean, $75 for a tiny jar of facial exfoliant!?!). This is definitely not for people with really sensitive facial skin.

on 10/27/2008 9:09:00 PM

Let me just put it this way..

Pretend you want to lose weight, you must exercise and eat well in order to see any results.

Same thing with these products, you must both use the scrub and the cream, specially if you want fast results.

Another mistake most people are doing is using this scrub on WET skin. DO NOT! Shower first and let your pores open up a bit then turn the shower off and dry the affected areas and scrub scrub scrub. Then leave it for around 3 minutes so the chemicals can do their job.

ThenÖ finish your shower and after youíre all dry but your pores are still a bit open , apply the cream.

Then later at night as soon as you get home put on the cream again!! That way it has a chance to sink in your skin and not all over your bed sheets.

Iíve noticed that when I apply generously they seem to disappear faster.

I have a severe care of KP in my arms and I started using this on October 15 and well now itís the 27th and my KP is gone, only about 30% is left. I can actually see my arms. I canít wait to see what the results are after a month!

However, I USE THE SCRUB EVERYDAY. Iíll use start using less once all the bumps disappear.

I known this is pricey to some but I spend more money on ridiculous shit and alcohol. At least itís not outrageous expensive like creams such a La Mer.

If you do what I say and you donít see some results within 2 weeks you can totally take this back to Sephora and get your money back! However, I sincerely doubt youíll end up doing that ;) Itís a godsend to me.

on 7/23/2008 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

on 6/1/2008 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This reminded me of Philosophy's Microdelivery Peel Exfoliating Wash. Fine grains (but not as fine as the Philosophy), some obvious chemical peel action and no scent. But the Philosophy is much cheaper and I can use it on both face and body. The slightly harsher texture of the KP makes me hesitate to use it on my face. A good product, but I found something I love more for less $$$$ that serves the same purpose.

on 5/12/2008 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this product as a recommendation by the Sephora floor assistant.She said she had good results with this product and I needed a GOOD scrub to prep for a spray tan. This stuff is THE BOMB! I did my whole body, except face, and probably could've put more effort into my scrubbing BUT it still turned out fantastic. I was sooo smooth and soft and didnt't have any traces of "gunky skin" when I rubbed with my fingers right after drying off. I LOVE that it's not Oily like many other scrubs, oil translates into an hour long shower cleaning session when I'm done exfoliating... I would DEF buy this product again. This size of the jar is awesome; I didn't have to apply much to get sparking results, just a dab here and a dab there as I worked my way around. I expect I can get a month ( maybe a bit more) of regular uses ( 2-3 times a week). For the price it's worth a try, if it doesn't work for ya, HEY you can always swap it! MUA is the BEST!

on 2/2/2008 6:17:00 PM

This product is truly a treat! It provides just the right intensity of "scrub" and, best of all, it doesn't stick to tub/shower floor and create an extra filmy dirt and product build-up like many other exfoliating scrubs I have tried. I also like the size of its packaging. One tub really is big enough to be used as an all-over body exfoliator.