September 23, 2014 | 1850 users online

Body Scrubs - DERMAdoctor - KP Duty Exfoliating Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2009 12:34:00 PM More reviews by EmilySimon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this product. Just remember to turn off the shower, or at least step away, then scrub, scrub. It has turned my old flakey legs baby soft, and my bumpy upper arms smooth again. I follow with any good DS lotion.

Only negative is that I would prefer a pump despenser or anything beside a tub for sanitary reasons....additionally, I'm a klutz and can easily drop it and have a major product loss, which would make me cry.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by jen1974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

FINALLY! A solution to my suspiciously dry skin! It got rid of the hideous desert-like cracks on my shins, and the KP bumps on my arms are almost all gone too. I also use this pretty aggressively on my armpits . My ONLY complaint is that I didn't buy it sooner. If you have extremely dry, non-sensitive skin (which I do), than this product is PERFECT. Follow the instructions on the box. Using it on dry skin is a must, I did add just a touch of water when I couldn't spread it around or when it started to feel a little too abrasive. I leave it on for a couple minutes, than rinse off. It preps my skin to soak in any moisturizer or oil afterwards. I absolutely LOVE it! Will most definitely repurchase over and over and over again!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 8:56:00 PM More reviews by sweetcaroline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this product on my face and body, even though the box says not to use it on your face. It has a chemical and physical exfoliant, which I find extremely effective. Its great for getting rid of the dead cells on your feet (esp. summertime) and I use it all over my legs (dry, like the previous reviewer mentioned) and rub in circles before rinsing off. For my face, I apply it to damp skin, since the granules are really rough and uneven shaped, its not meant for the face. But I rub it really gently and then leave it on for a minute or two in the shower before rinsing off. Its really best to use this in the shower, so you can get rid of all the granules. The downside is the packaging is in a large tub, which can easily get contaminated with bacteria from stagnant shower water, or your dirty hands. Oh well. I was going to get the version for the face, but the body exfoliant was a much better bang for your buck (I mean, $75 for a tiny jar of facial exfoliant!?!). This is definitely not for people with really sensitive facial skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2008 9:09:00 PM More reviews by preci0uz

Let me just put it this way..

Pretend you want to lose weight, you must exercise and eat well in order to see any results.

Same thing with these products, you must both use the scrub and the cream, specially if you want fast results.

Another mistake most people are doing is using this scrub on WET skin. DO NOT! Shower first and let your pores open up a bit then turn the shower off and dry the affected areas and scrub scrub scrub. Then leave it for around 3 minutes so the chemicals can do their job.

ThenÖ finish your shower and after youíre all dry but your pores are still a bit open , apply the cream.

Then later at night as soon as you get home put on the cream again!! That way it has a chance to sink in your skin and not all over your bed sheets.

Iíve noticed that when I apply generously they seem to disappear faster.

I have a severe care of KP in my arms and I started using this on October 15 and well now itís the 27th and my KP is gone, only about 30% is left. I can actually see my arms. I canít wait to see what the results are after a month!

However, I USE THE SCRUB EVERYDAY. Iíll use start using less once all the bumps disappear.

I known this is pricey to some but I spend more money on ridiculous shit and alcohol. At least itís not outrageous expensive like creams such a La Mer.

If you do what I say and you donít see some results within 2 weeks you can totally take this back to Sephora and get your money back! However, I sincerely doubt youíll end up doing that ;) Itís a godsend to me.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2008 10:47:00 PM More reviews by leo88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS JUST OK..I DIDNT SEE AN IMPROVEMENT IN SKIN TEXTURE..IT DIDNT MAKE MY SKIN SOFTER...YOU DONT HAVE TO SCRUB,SCRUB,SCRUB BECAUSE IT'S CHEMICAL AND PHYSICAL BUT I FEEL LIKE WHEN I USE IT "WHEN AM I SUPPOSE TO STOP SCRUBBING?" LIKE I SAID I AM NOT CRAZY ABOUT IT..LUSH'S BODY BUTTERS ARE MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE FOR A CHEAPER PRICE IM TALKIN NO MORE THAN 22 DOLLARS OPPOSE TO THE KP WHICH IS 62.50

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2008 8:28:00 AM More reviews by sakecat22

This reminded me of Philosophy's Microdelivery Peel Exfoliating Wash. Fine grains (but not as fine as the Philosophy), some obvious chemical peel action and no scent. But the Philosophy is much cheaper and I can use it on both face and body. The slightly harsher texture of the KP makes me hesitate to use it on my face. A good product, but I found something I love more for less $$$$ that serves the same purpose.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2008 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Carriblue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product as a recommendation by the Sephora floor assistant.She said she had good results with this product and I needed a GOOD scrub to prep for a spray tan. This stuff is THE BOMB! I did my whole body, except face, and probably could've put more effort into my scrubbing BUT it still turned out fantastic. I was sooo smooth and soft and didnt't have any traces of "gunky skin" when I rubbed with my fingers right after drying off. I LOVE that it's not Oily like many other scrubs, oil translates into an hour long shower cleaning session when I'm done exfoliating... I would DEF buy this product again. This size of the jar is awesome; I didn't have to apply much to get sparking results, just a dab here and a dab there as I worked my way around. I expect I can get a month ( maybe a bit more) of regular uses ( 2-3 times a week). For the price it's worth a try, if it doesn't work for ya, HEY you can always swap it! MUA is the BEST!
~Erin

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2008 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Genyah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is truly a treat! It provides just the right intensity of "scrub" and, best of all, it doesn't stick to tub/shower floor and create an extra filmy dirt and product build-up like many other exfoliating scrubs I have tried. I also like the size of its packaging. One tub really is big enough to be used as an all-over body exfoliator.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 1:38:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This scrub is loaded with polyethylene beads and chemical exfoliators (glycolic and lactic acid). For best results, I will spend 1-2 minutes on an area and use it daily for a week or two and then every other day. I definitely need to use something else with this product to get results. I like to swipe my skin with a 2% BHA toner and then apply Glytone 17.5% glycolic acid body lotion on top. This combination works for me if used consistently. If I get lax on doing this routine my bumps return. Comes in a huge 16 oz tub for $44. Does this work better than an average body scrub? I think it does in that this contains a lot of scrubbing beads. But you could easily make a sugar or salt scrub at home and get similar results if you are using other products designed for KP.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2007 8:09:00 PM More reviews by CarolynF

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a chemical peel and physical medi-exfoliation product for the body. I use it on hands, legs and arms. It is AWESOME!!! By far the best scrub I have used. I get very dry body skin in the winter and this takes off dead skin and leaves my skin soft. I am a nurse and wash my hands constantly and this is wonderful on my hands. Holy Grail for me!