October 24, 2014 | 913 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by raydi0o

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I usually use liquid highlighters, but after reading rave reviews I had to try this product. I absolutely LOVE it! It is definitely worth all the hype. A little bit goes a long way with this product, I definitely see it lasting a long time. It gives your cheeks such a natural glow, I think it glows just in the right spots. I use this with NARS orgasm, and the two are a great combo. This product is super pricey, as all NARS products are, but the quality is there. Definitely a new favourite!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 8:58:00 AM More reviews by aijaraza

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

While Christmas shopping in a high-end mall here in Manila, my youngest daughter, who is also a make-up artist encouraged me to buy Nars highlighting blush powder in Albatross. I was at first reluctant to purchase it as the product seemed to be too white and I feared it wouldn't complement my medium fair skin. After she brushed it on my under eye areas, across the bridge of my nose and on the top of my cheekbones, my sallow complexion brightened up. I bought the product even if it was a bit pricey and use it almost everyday when I put on my make-up. I use this product after setting my make-up with powder and before putting on my mascara. A little goes a long way as you wouldn't want too much shimmer under your eyes. I've had this product for more than a year and there is still a lot of it in the case. Would I buy it again? Yes, definitely, but I think it will take me another year to finish up this product. Definitely good value for your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by SophMcD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My favorite highlight. Has a beautiful gold shimmer that blends nicely Into the skin. Can apply soft or build up the pigmentation. Works for all skin tones. Product lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 9:09:00 AM More reviews by pauliepocket

THIS IS MY HG HIGHLIGHTER. I've recently been obsessed with Nars, but a lot of their products are hit or miss for me. I came into Sephora looking to try out Benefit's high beam or Nars' coppacabana, but as soon as I saw this, I was . absolutely in love. The first time I wore this out I got a ton of compliments. Truly recommended it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 3:56:00 AM More reviews by lifeisaparadox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG highlighter for when I want that 'oomph' to my look. This is extremely flattering on me (for reference, I am NC30, MUFE HD 123, Kat Von D Lockit 52) and I always get compliments when I have this on.

It's very golden and shimmery and it is the PERFECT highlighter for a special occasion, a night out, a date, etc. I do not use this as an everyday highlighter (I prefer NYX Mosaic powder for an everyday subtle glow), but I would say that is doable if that's your cup of tea. I think the shimmer and gold fits better for a more dramatic look instead of an everyday, but that's just me!

The only downside is the price. Ummm... $30?! That's really pricey for a mere highlighter, IMHO, so one lippie down for that. I luckily got this for half the price from a friend who bought it and didn't like it.

I'm unsure if I would be repurchasing if I ever ran out for full retail price. I tried some dupes for a fraction of the price (Sephora Luminizer in Stardust $14, ELF Gotta Glow $3) and they worked just as well. However, NARS seem to be more finely milled (better for my dry skin) and a pinch more golden than the two dupes. I have yet to decide if I would repurchase this instead of a dupe.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Megsl21

So first let me start by saying, I am one of those people that absolutely loves highlighters, so I went out and bought several but I have to say this one was the best. It gives you that perfect dewy look. Most highlighters I've tried have eithers been too much or too little but this one is the perfect amount. It seems pricey but I've had it since may and I have a ton left. Also I've heard a lot about how this doesn't look good with most skin tones, which I would have to disagree. I think it could compliment any skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by angesala18

This highlighter was recommended to me by a Sephora sales associate because I said I have oily skin. It is absolutely perfect. I use a fan brush and dab it into the product, then sweep it over my cheekbones for a wonderful glow. I have been complimented so many times on my healthy glow when I am wearing this. It is pricey, but one hundred percent worth it in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by UWMsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow, I cannot believe that I hadn't even looked into this highlighter. I love NARS blushes and own most of them, but never bothered to look at Albatross...HUGE mistake! I was at Sephora when I was looking at the blushes and saw this one and of course had heard so much about it here on MUA so I tried it on and I was hooked. My hubby bought it for me and I have been in love with it ever since...I was using a MAC highlighter, but now it's all about my lovely Albatross! It gives me a gorgeous natural looking glow. It's not glittery at all and it looks amazing on my GGG skin! If you haven't tried this one...go and try it, I can't imagine this not looking good on anyone, but I am happy it works for me! My only regret is that I didn't buy it sooner, man was I missing out on something! Love, love love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I avoided this for so long because of the colour in the pan. I have a yellow skin tone and thought this would be stark white and make me look like a glowing alien. Plus, I own a few NARS blushes and I can't say I'm crazy about them or anything.

Being a bit obsessed with highlighters though - I finally tried it on the back of my hand last month and was stunned - it's SO smooth and beautiful!! So I bought it right away, and couldn't wait to wear it. It looks white but comes off on my skin a very pale golden yellow pearlescent shimmer once blended, no big tacky glitter. The texture is buttery soft, not gritty at all. Applies so easily and is very pigmented so apply with a light hand and build it up if needed. I love that it didn't erase all my blush or foundation and didn't get patchy, it just meshed with my skin unbelievably well and looked flawless. Even hours later it's still there. I use this daily now, just a tiny bit on the top of my cheekbones or brow bone underneath some setting powder, for a more subtle sheen. This looks so natural, soft and pretty on my skin, it's now my HG highlighting powder and I'm annoyed I waited this long to try it out. I can't recommend this highly enough!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by punkface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only thing I dislike about this product is the matte rubbery packaging. It's good quality but it gets dirty really fast. As for the product, it's a bright satin white with golden undertones. It's absolutely gorgeous and my most favourite face highlighter. The powder lasts forever as well so it's priced really well as I only have to buy it about once a year.