Kevyn Aucoin The Sculpting Powder

4.6

Talc, Polyethylene, Nylon-12, PTFE, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Manganese Violet CI 77742, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

on 9/13/2013 3:06:00 AM

This powder is like plastic surgery in a little red, plastic case. I have been in search of the perfect contour powder for a long while, falling victim to matte bronzing powders that ended up too warm-toned/orangey on my skin.to suffice. This item is quite pricey.... $42 for 0.23 oz of product isn't cheap. But the powder is so finely milled and the quality is outstanding.

There are so many great reviews on this product, and it does indeed live up to the hype. It effectively contours one's features in a way that looks natural and flattering. I use it to make my cheekbones more defined and to diminish the bulbous tip of my nose, and it really works and transforms/contours the face in a way that doesn't look overly made-up or drag queen-esque.

I was not a huge fan of the packaging. It comes in a plastic, red case with a mirror and stiff/course brush. Although this is a matter of personal preference, I like my cosmetic items to be "pretty", especially if I'm paying upwards of $40 something dollars for it. I would prefer if they left out the mirror and brush in order to revamp the packaging into something more aesthetically appealing.... but that's just me being whiney and picky, lol.

But overall, outstanding product. I am so glad this powder exists, as it has become a staple cosmetic item I use daily. It truly works wonders and, if applied correctly, can transform your face in a natural-looking way. Goodbye orangey bronzers!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

An old favourite(before I met Chanel Notorious), it's a muddy colour that contains no red or orange in it. But it's still a little bit too brownie and dark on me.

on 8/16/2013 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love it. Gorgeous contour eve

on 7/18/2013 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I finally decided to give this expensive bronzer a try, after hearing so many good things about it. And I find it totally worth it. It creates a very natural contouring. The powder is very densely compressed and I feel like it will last forever. The brush it comes with has pretty stiff bristles but work just right with the powder.

Overall, I think this bronzer has the best contouring shade, and wins over Hoola b/c of the packaging; It beats NYC sunny by the shade and the enclosed brush.

on 4/12/2013 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this!!!! Med olive skin for ref. it allows me to sculpt my face in a subtle but noticeable way. The color is great, really does look like a 'shadow'. Highly recommend!!!

on 2/19/2013 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is super expensive. I plan on trying a cheaper version of a grey toned powder. That said, I do like it, so if I can't find a cheaper version I may continue to splurge on this once in awhile. It isn't some miracle product. There really is not a huge difference when I use this. That said, I do think it helps make my face look just a bit thinner though that could be wishful thinking. It blends well and has the right cast to mimic shadow. Just make sure your face is completely dry (no dampness from moisturizer) when applying or you will end up with a muddy mess.

on 1/22/2013 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I'm cursed with my father's bulbous tip of a nose, so I'm glad my search for the perfect contour powder has ended. I bought this powder (color:medium) at Barney's for $42. Pretty pricey, but worth every penny. I've tried bronzers, eye shadows, and other contour powders. But the problems I had with previous products were that the color was wrong, end up looking muddy/blotchy on my nose, too pigmented and instead of looking natural I looked like I preparing for a drag show, or it was too shimmery to use on the sides of my nose. This powder is silky, easily bendable, the perfect color that looks natural, and it goes on lightly but is build able. I would definitely repurchase if I ran out but, there's plenty of product and I doubt I'll need to in the near future.

on 1/14/2013 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a great contouring powder and I'm not sure why this got labeled in MUA as a bronzer because it's not warm enough. However, on cool-toned people, it might come off as a bronzer, but it's perfect for my warm and light complexion. The texture is butter-smooth and you must take care not to over-apply; it's quite pigmented so start lightly. The brush that comes with the powder is useless, as are most applicators packaged with products. I would repurchase.

First things first, the packaging is really crap and plasticy so be prepared for that.
I personally prefer really nice packaging but i can get over it for this product. Very silky, not hugely pigmented (but for the use of this product that is a good thing), and very blend able. The only product i've found that makes my contoured cheekbones look natural.

on 1/6/2013 8:29:00 AM

Parabens, talc, silicone. If you're happy with these ingredients in your cosmetics and on your face, and you're after an excellent sculpting powder, then you've found it with this proffering from Kevin Aucoin.

Exceptionally light and perfectly pigmented formula. The result: easily achievable, professional-looking contouring application.

Unfortunately (actually, fortunately), trying to avoid parabens, talc and silicone, so had to pass on this (post-purchase, I should say)!

Popular Bronzers