December 22, 2014 | 1447 users online

Shampoo - Burt's Bees - More Moisture Raspberry and Brazil Nut Shampoo [DISCONTINUED]

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by judostar18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't really understand all of the negative reviews on this product. I agree that when rinsing this shampoo out, the hair does feel a bit drier than normal. This shampoo doesn't contain any unnatural products that coat the hair temporarily to give that silky feeling. I love that this shampoo is all natural, and it smells heavenly. Plus, once my hair is dry, it feels soft and silky, and has a pretty shine. I will buy this again if I find it on sale. It's a tad bit pricey for me full price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2009 5:07:00 PM More reviews by AnythingVanilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Smells DEVINE! I can smell it ALL day. I have never had a shampoo where I could still smell the scent all day long. It smells like jelly donuts to me. YUM! My hair is also shiny, soft and its a natural shampoo so you can't lose.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 10:07:00 PM More reviews by 7954

I love how natural it smells, and how natural and clean this made my hair feel :)
really nice product

lost 1 lipstick though cause my hair didn't style the way it usually does when I used this.. maybe it would need to get used to it?

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2009 8:38:00 AM More reviews by amieq

Left my shoulder-length fine wavy hair very blah. Tried it for two months, but it never got better. On the plus side, you hardly ever have to wash your hair because the natural products discourage your scalp from producing lots of oil, but . . . Both the shampoo and the conditioner require you to use a ton to get results, and for me the results weren't great.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2009 8:29:00 PM More reviews by thefineprint3

I have generally healthy hair. It's never been dyed or chemically treated and is in good condition. This shampoo did absolutely nothing for it. It didn't foam or lather, which I wasn't too concerned about but I couldn't tell if my hair was getting cleaned or not. Then, suddenly as I rinsed it out, my hair felt stripped. It's never a good sign when your hair already feels dry as you rinse it. I give this shampoo a 3 because it definitely cleaned my hair but there was nothing moisturizing about it. An OK product but I won't be re-purchasing. Oh, and it smells strange

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2008 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Wendy1954

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I choose this product because I wanted soium lauryl sulfate and paraben-free products. Ironically after looking at all the "natural" or "organic" shampoos on the shelves at Whole Foods, this is what was left. It is drying or feels drying but I wanted something that wouldn't strip out my "natural" color (Used Naturcolor, Tints of Nature amd Ecocolor). My conditioner took care of the drier ends. I've only used it 3 times soI have to give it longer before deciding either way.
UPDATE: I've been using this for well over a month and I've grown comfortable with this. You must have alot of water on you hair and then the suds appear. Most shampoos have ingredients in them that stay and coat the hair so this feels differently when you rinse but it works well.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2008 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Lillybelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I fell for this stuff because its organic and much better for you. Unfortunately, it leaves your hair tangly, dry as hay, and smelly. The smell is acidic and awful. Don't waste your $8.
Doesn't work.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2008 1:44:00 AM More reviews by cesa11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What's with the poor comments? I thought it was perfect! Beautiful smell, and I got good comments too. It does lather and wash out, though people I have suggested this to have complained for these reasons.

Good enough that its the only shampoo I will use.

PS: your hair feels dry in the shower but ends up feeling softer afterwards (due to no dimethicone and all that garbage).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2008 11:02:00 PM More reviews by GutterGeisha

I first bought this, along with the matching conditioner, after I was tricked into thinking that sulfates give people cancer. I have to say that I liked this shampoo. It didn't dry my hair out and lathered rather decently. My hair felt clean afterward. The smell wasn't repugnant, either.
It does build up a bit if I go more than a few days without clarifying, making my hair a little stubborn. A quick wash with the Suave Clarifying shampoo took care of this straightaway. I went through about 4 bottles of this, then (of course) Target discontinued it. I bought whatever they had left and had to eventually stop using it, since I obviously ran out. I had a hard time finding it anywhere else and eventually bought something else from the Burt's line (which I hated - you can read that review, also).
I've moved on with my life as far as the whole 'no sulfate' deal goes. I'm not so scared of them now and am currently using a shampoo that contains them. In the future, if I want something a little less harsh to use for awhile, I'd pick this one up again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2008 11:53:00 AM More reviews by jstrong

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have to agree with other reviews. . .this not only does not moisturize, it dried my hair out and made it a tangled mess (not usually a problem for me).