October 23, 2014 | 2133 users online

Foundations - Kevyn Aucoin - Liquid Airbrush Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2007 6:21:00 PM More reviews by pl37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very oily, acne-prone skin, with some tiny whiteheads on the cheeks and aroung the chin, blackheads on the nose, and occasional cystic acne. I am extremely pale (with warm undertones) and was excited about this foundation because I found a good color match (LQ 02). However, I soon got disappointed--within a few hours of applying this foundation, I developed two cystic pimples in an area where I usually don't break out. I quickly washed it off and the pimples went away over night (phew!). I found the coverage to be OK (buildable), but the finish left much to be desired. Overall, a huge disappointment:(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2007 7:22:00 PM More reviews by ShanM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation! I had been using Armani LSF and liked it except for the breakouts it was causing. I tried this and the breakouts stopped. I also like the look of this, it's gives the face a nice glow. I don't use a primer because it is too much product for my skin. I put two pumps into a sample jar and dip my fd brush into it. This will last a whole week and even though the consistency is thick, it spreads so easily. I don't have to use a lot of it. With other brands I always had to use a ton of fd but not this one. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2007 7:46:00 PM More reviews by cathy711

Being a foundation junkie, I've tried them all. This one is lovely. Coverage is there, but your skin still shows through. For some who complain that it doesn't last, I use a rather light moisturizer being combo skin. It is a natural look with medium coverage. I find that it works best with a foundation brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2007 4:09:00 PM More reviews by tasham53

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have always been a huge fan of Kevinís work so I really wanted to like this product unfortunately this didnít work for me at all. The initial coverage seemed ok, not quite as much coverage as I expected but ok. After about 3 hours it was basically gone over the areas I wanted to cover (old red marks that are still fading) and settled into any dry spots that I donít usually even notice with my usual foundation. If you have really nice, non oily type skin this may work for you however I would recommend getting a sample before you buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2007 6:30:00 PM More reviews by CCW39

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WOW......Gorgeous texture, ultra blendy...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2006 6:12:00 AM More reviews by Pandemonium35

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yay! Bought this on a whim, ordering blindly from drugstore.com. Their swatches IMO are totally off, but the one I got works okay because of my winter pallor (all swatches I found online made it look darker than it was IRL). Very natural, semi-matte, medium coverage. Love this stuff, hope I can find a good color match for when I'm tanner.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2006 6:51:00 AM More reviews by SusanLai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow. I got a sample of this at neiman's the other day. Great natural looking coverage that lasts a long time. I'm totally sold

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2006 1:24:00 AM More reviews by dumbfishie

Background on me:Asian, oily, sensitive, acne prone skin, acne scars. While I love Shu Uemura's Nobara the consistency is rather thick and sometimes I just want a lighter foundation. I first tried Prescriptive's Virtual Matte which provided wonderful coverage but the color was a bit off and my skin reacted horribly--I got whiteheads all around the cheek and chin. With an interview the next day, I didn't want to put cream foundation over the breakouts so I went to Neiman Marcus to look for a light foundation. I got a sample of the Liquid Airbrush Foundation in #8 as recommended by the sales associate and tried it on when I got home, the color was great and coverage was decent--I just needed a tad more concetration of the foundation to cover up imperfections. I've worn this foundation for about four days now and my skin has not reacted badly to it *knock on wood*. I wore the foundation for the SF Breast Cancer Walk (five miles), it photographed wonderfully, and looked great after a few blotting tissues. The foundation is definately a keeper. I will purchase when the sample is gone, I love the dark red packaging and the foundation pump. It's $45 for .33 ounces but a little goes a long way, I dipped the tip of my foundation brush into the sample jar twice and it provided great coverage.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2006 1:44:00 PM More reviews by mm2015

Ingredients:
Water, Cyclomethicone, titanium dioxide, aluminum hydroxide, glycerin, dimethicone, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, butylene glycol, sodium chloride, iron oxides (CI77491), Iron oxides (Cl77492), Iron oxides (Cl77499), lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18Methicone, Hydrogenated camellia oleifera seed oil, disodium EDTA, Natto gum, sorbitan isostearate, phenoxyethanol, triethanolamine, propylparben, butylparaben, methylparaben, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance

This is the new Liquid Airbrush foundation and it is really, REALLY nice! I got it in #7 and it matches my skintone perfectly. Barely 1 pump covered my entire face. It does impart a very nice, "airbrushed" finish. Coverage is medium but more of a heavier medium vs. a lighter medium...I still need concealor in spots but this is definitely not "light" or "sheer" coverage on me. It says on the box that it's good for normal to oily skins. Doesn't feel greasy but there is a slight emollient feel to it. Finish is not shiny, not matte, kind of "just right". It has white tea oil (camellia oil) in it. It is silicone base. I wore this over the K.A. primer (just a pin head size) and it looks great! It does have a similar feel to the GA LSF but not as glowy. I like the finish on the K.A. one better. continued >>

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2006 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Lipglossdoll

I use the SSE in SX01, and the match of LQ 02 in the Liquid Airbrush matches me perfectly.
This is a liquid foundation, gives me light to moderate coverage. Skin looks flawless, not cakey at all.
I use this all over, and the SSE on spots that I need more coverage. Very nice product, very pleased.
I am in Canada, Henri Bendels dept. store ships very quickly here to the great white north, lol!!