October 22, 2014 | 2065 users online

Styling Products - Revlon - Lottabody Setting Lotion

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2008 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Manillo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this for my wetsets. I try to stick with the already diluted kind. But both work just as well. I wanna try to LottaBody Cream Wrap Setting Cream. Heard its even better.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2008 11:15:00 PM More reviews by BelleStarr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am NOT a product girl. I don't like the feeling of anything in my hair and I don't do any styling to it - I am a wash and go type. However, my hair, although I have a lot of it, is relatively thin and sometimes oily. After seeing the MUA reviews of Lottabody, I moseyed into Sally's and bought a nice size bottle for $2.99. I made a mixture, put it in a spray bottle and use it after I shampoo. Holy lord, it's a miracle! My hair actually DOES something on its own and stays there on its own! I have had several compliments including "did you get your hair cut?" and "what are you doing differently to your hair?" from several co-workers. On top of it, once your hair dries, you don't have any of the stickiness or tackiness many products give you. Your hair feels great, looks great and has LOTS OF BODY just like the name says. You can't go wrong with this stuff!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2007 8:12:00 PM More reviews by underros

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have shoulder length STRAIGHT, STRAIGHT, straighter than straight hair that I hot roll daily. And while my hair looks fantastic and wonderfully curly for a couple of hours after I roll it, after that the curls fall apart and it starts to frizz. I bought this in the hopes that it would act as a proper "setting lotion" and keep my curls from frizzing out. And it did! I've only used it a couple of times, but so far it's worked beautifully. My curls sort of separate and turn into waves by the end of the day but they don't frizz at all, and that's exactly what I was looking for.

You have to dilute the solution and there are specific directions to that effect on the bottle. I have my hair highlighted so I use four parts water to one part solution in a spray bottle. Spray it on while damp, comb it through, blow dry and hot roll. Awesome. Very, very happy.

And dude, at $3.89? Seriously, THREE DOLLARS AND EIGHTY-NINE CENTS AMERICAN? Sign me UP.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2006 8:01:00 PM More reviews by sabelita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

This is the best stuff I've ever used in my life, and I'm 57. My hair is baby fine, thin, with a little natural curl. When this is in my hair one of the strangest things is I wake up with it looking the best it's ever looked. There's nothing I could do to MAKE it look that good. I just sleep on it, wake up and go look in the mirror. Amazed. You can buy this in CVS. It used to say Revlon on the bottle but not any more. It looks like the sold it to another company maybe.
EDIT: My hair is natural blond, turning silver. The stuff is LESS than $4 in CVS, and I use it full strength, just pour a little in the palm of a hand, bend over and smush it into my just-washed hair, then set or not. It's humid here now, which is a help, too.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2006 4:09:00 AM More reviews by eqing

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is fabulous stuff. I use it for 1940's pin curls.It's supposed to be for hair wraps or to set hot rollers, and it has terrific hold. The bonus is how well it controls frizz, makes my hair soooo smoothe and shiny for less than $5. This is in the African American section of Sally's. The packaging is sooooo generic.I think this products needs to step up the bottle. My Sally's seemed to be hiding it in the lowest shelf corner becuase of this.I am so glad I found it.There isn't a hair type that should be without,it is so versatile and holds so well.No cones, no build-up.Update: 5 months later still liking it. Need to measure and mix solution like it says on bottle, the more exact the better the preformance.No crunch

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2005 12:19:00 AM More reviews by ilakdala

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After using hundreds of styling products over the years, I can't believe I found my HG in a cheap looking plastic bottle full of purple fluid. I have fine, very slightly wavy blonde hair with almost no processing left in it (a tiny bit of highlighting and old perm left on the ends). I have quite a bit of hair but I'm always looking for volume. I've gone through a run recently of volumizing mousses, but they left my hair kind of dull looking and with a tendency to frizz/flyaway if I'm not careful when blowdrying. My ends can look quite dry and shapeless with the wrong product, so I knew Lottabody was hitting it out of the park when my ends looked healthy and fell in perfect, swingy layers around my face using nothing more than a blowdryer and my fingers. The packaging is very plain, 1970s beauty parlor Midge-n-Mable-under-the-bonnet-hairdryer. The price is very cheap--I think I paid less than five dollars at a beauty supply store for an 8 oz. bottle. You cut the setting lotion with water; the ratio depends on how strong a hold you desire. I don't use a curling iron or the like very often, so I don't use the lotion the way most people do (to set their curls when using rollers, etc.) I use it in place of mousse or gel. I poured the setting lotion (8 oz) into a clean 16 oz. spray pump and then added 8 oz of water to create a 50/50 mix. After washing and conditioning my hair, I towel dry my hair. Then, I spray the water/Lottabody solution throughout my hair. I use a wide-toothed comb to distribute the solution, blow dry my hair upsidedown using my fingers to tousle, spritz a little hairspray to hold and voila! My hair is shiny, bouncy, full and yet still soft all day. I really feel like this is a miracle product for me. I use so little of it compared to all the other junk I was layering in my hair. It worked for me, so it's worth a try if you have hair like mine! Note: I live in an area that never gets too cold or too humid, so the weather is easy on my hairstyles :) **EDIT** It's some months later and I've knocked this down to a three. Sigh. In part because over time my hair started to become dull and less bouncy (though Lottabody is still much much better than all the other stuff I was using on my hair) and in part because I've discovered Bumble & Bumble Thickening spray, which is true HG status. Hope the spray doesn't go the way of Lottabody! Even so, I think Lottabody is a great, cheap product that works well for me. Just not "5" well. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2004 10:09:00 PM More reviews by prophette

I don't actually use this product anymore because I wear my hair in a very short natural hairstyle and therefore don't need a setting lotion. However, back in the days when I had longer relaxed hair and needed a setting lotion, this was the one I used and it's fantastic. Curls come out very smooth and soft without being crispy (unless you use too much). This was my staple for wet sets for many years and it's priced very nicely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2002 5:37:00 PM More reviews by mtvsux

Well, i just never stop raving this product for a reason. Everytime i go a day without it, i wonder what happened. Then i USE it, and people go, 'Your hair looks so nice today'. Well, i need to use this stuff everyday. It's a setting lotion, meaning you use it to set curlers, but even without using curlers it makes my hair fabulous and frizz free, and for me, that says A LOT! Only $4. I will never be without this product. Now all i gotta do is find the other products in this line. Wrapn'tap and wrapping lotion, and temporary straightner. Will update when i find these guys.