October 22, 2014 | 2014 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Cover-Up

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by DoWhatUWant

I spend an eternity looking for good concealers and have spent a fortune on them, but this one is surprisingly good. I'd heard a lot of hype around MAC concealers and decided to ask for one for Christmas. The shade variety is really good, I have the very lightest shade and it does give a very good coverage but is really only good for spots and uneven areas, not for under the eyes. However it doesn't cover the darkest marks or spots, and throughout the day the coverage weakens. The price is definitely worth it though, although my ideal price for concealers is around £5, and this is around £15 in the UK, I can tell it will last ages because you only need a tiny amount for a large area, which is really good. Packaging is great, makes is very easy to apply. Good product although would definitely like to try some other MAC concealers to compare!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by SFifi

OK. so I was matched to the wrong shade. no rather i was matched to the right shade but billed and then given the wrong one. silly me didnt realise until after i opened and tried using a little bit. Now I can't return it so I'm stuck with it. This happened like a year and a half ago.ever since, I've been trying to find some use for this.It sort of matches my face, but i don't have any skin issues besides under eye circles so i never could use it.
Now let's assume it was the right shade. I have a huge problem with the consistency. It's way too thick for under the eye, and even on the face it just looks...well..like you have concealer on.It's beautiful when mixed with lotion and used as a tinted moisturiser, but then that's not why one would buy this.
The studio finish concealer which I now use and love is creamier and thicker but somehow blends in just fine and looks way better. I gave this one star because it wouldn't let me write a review but for the price, I'd say minus points!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by mjhicks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am NW15 with clog prone skin. This coverup is amazing for blemishes as well as for under the eyes. It is easy to apply (thanks to the lovely packaging!) and I use my fingers or a concealer brush to blend it in. I've recommended this to a bunch of my friends because it's the only concealer I've come across that actually lasts all day! I've accidentally slept with my makeup on (and have left it on during sleepovers) and I wake up with my coverup still intact, which is fantastic. I couldn't recommend this enough.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by kizzram

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

At first, I loved this product... It blended beautifully and hid some acne scars on my face. But it oxidized quite a bit.. now I mix with my moisturizer for a base. Would not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by misscoutureland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Was so disappointed in this product. Got this matched at at mac counter and it looked fantastic at first but when I looked in the mirror 1/2 an hour later I looked like an oompa loompa. It covered my acne scars nicely but just oxidised so badly I had to return it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by lilshaxter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this concealer mainly for my undereyes in NW30.
I'm a NC40 at darkest for reference but during winter I tend to get slightly paler. So if you're the same then you could pull this off during the seasons with less sun. It's a good colour match because most concealers tend to look too orange or peachy. But this worked well with my slightly olive complexion and had the right amount of yellow.
Even though colour match was good - it wasn't very good as an undereye concealer for me. I found it faded when I didn't set it with a light dusting of powder. Yet it settled into the fine lines for me and did not look natural at all when I did set it with a powder. It could sometimes give the effect of appearing caked in the latter method of application.
However, when I wore foundation, I did like using this as a concealer for spots. However, it won't cover very dark spots, but it's good for redness.
I like the tube packaging because it doesn't waste as much product as those with the doe foot applicators.
Overall I think you could find a better concealer for the same price.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by supergal197

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is subpar as a concealer, but I love this as a foundation. Granted, it's very expensive as a foundation, but in my case it is better than wasting it. It's light, looks like skin and stays on. In my opinion it's like an improved version of Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. Similar coverage, similar look on the skin, but without the fragrance, high concentration of alcohol, and orange tinge it gives me. And really it's only a few bucks more than the Chanel (per oz.) If you're willing to buy that, you could use this, which in my opinion is much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by xoCarmina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this as my under eye concealer and it works like a charm. It's an old stand by that I've been using for a number of years. I have fairly bad circles but no one would know with this. It doesn't settle in the fine lines or look too cakey like a lot of concealers can. I use my bare escentials concealer brush or my MAC 242 brush. A trick I learned was to always use under eye cream before using this and it looks flawless. I use nw25 on my nc40/nw35 skin. I always get tons of compliments with this and would never see a reason to change concealers. This is a light to medium coverage so I use a different concealer to hide post acne scars and dark marks.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by SMaj

When I first got this, I wasn't happy with it at all. I desperately needed some concealer and Mac didn't have the solid pig version if my colour in stock so I had to purchase the liquid version, was not happy with it at all! Then... I discovered a new way of getting an awesome coverage! After applying foundation apply the liquid concealer with your fingers and leave it for about 10-15 seconds, it becomes 'tacky' and provides a much better long lasting coverage, it's also more effective to use your fingers as appose to a concealer brush as there is a lot of waste. Hope this has been helpful! Mac very rarely release poorly designed products so where there is a will there's a way!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by judiness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love MAC, I think it's a great easily available brand. I am however not the biggest fan of their face products. This concealer is decent but nothing really special. I use it manly to cover the occasional spots and to use as a final concealer on top of corrector and foundation. It stays put well, it has light medium coverage and it's easy to blend. It's overall okay, but I found some better performing and cheaper products elsewhere.

I will finish it and it won't be a pain to do so but it's nothing special or unique.