December 17, 2014 | 1667 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Cover-Up

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Jimduhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the shade NW25.

Packaging:
I like that this is in a squeeze tube because it's more hygienic than their other concealer.

Price:
This is definitely pricier than your average concealer, but obviously not as high as some other high end concealers get.

Texture:
Creamy but very light.

Smell:
None

Pros:
-Very light– can definitely be built up or used for light concealing
-With that being said, it can even be used under the eyes
-A little goes a long way!

Cons:
-Pricey
-Not that great of staying power

Comments/impressions:
Like I said, this is good for light concealing. It's also better if you're looking to use it for a quick event. I definitely wouldn't recumbent it for an all-day thing. I personally used it for my under eyes but like every other product in the world that I tried, it ended up creasing! I'm not mad about it though lol. I kind of expect it out of anything that comes near my eyes. Anyways, you can also use this to spot conceal but I think that the other MAC Concealers are better for that. I would recommend this product if you want to use it for your undereyes or for very slight blemishes you want to hide.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by ksidrah

Packaging is ok. Can't complain about the price because it was a gift. But the concealer? Total crap. I absolutely hate it. The person who have it to me have it in the right shade I guess (since concealer is usually supposed to be brighter than your skintione) when I used it and tried blending it, it wouldn't blend and definitely did not look natural. So I don't even bother using it unless I have a terrible blemish and no hope at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2014 3:03:00 AM More reviews by immiaaxo

Expensive, covers okay you have to layer on to really get it to work. Kind of cakey sometimes and dosn't last, the fit me concealer is a lot better. Maybe rep.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Cecily8

I used to use this when i was in university and i've used it for about ten yrs? I always thought it was good but also thought there would be better out there. Finally, i switched to MAC prolongwear concealer three yrs ago and thought i liked it more. However, recently, i started hating MAC prolongwear. i have to mix two colours and it's still not the best. i also noticed it looked horrible in pictures. i started looking back at my old pictures and realized my undereye circles looked so much more covered and natural when i used select cover up. I decided to buy Select cover up again and i can say that i like this one a lot more than prolongwear. NC30 in select cover up is not as dark and orange as prolongwear therefore i dont need to buy two shades. I do think select cover up can look a bit cakey but it doesn't sink into my fine lines. I find the coverage to be the same as prolongwear. So based solely on the fact that i do not need to buy two colours, i think i will stick to select cover up. Also, i like that its in a squeeze tube because i hate the packaging of prolongwear. i also like that it lasts all day on me as well. prolongwear is probably better if i was swimming or out in really hot weather. but overall, i like select cover up better.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by DoWhatUWant

I spend an eternity looking for good concealers and have spent a fortune on them, but this one is surprisingly good. I'd heard a lot of hype around MAC concealers and decided to ask for one for Christmas. The shade variety is really good, I have the very lightest shade and it does give a very good coverage but is really only good for spots and uneven areas, not for under the eyes. However it doesn't cover the darkest marks or spots, and throughout the day the coverage weakens. The price is definitely worth it though, although my ideal price for concealers is around £5, and this is around £15 in the UK, I can tell it will last ages because you only need a tiny amount for a large area, which is really good. Packaging is great, makes is very easy to apply. Good product although would definitely like to try some other MAC concealers to compare!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by SFifi

OK. so I was matched to the wrong shade. no rather i was matched to the right shade but billed and then given the wrong one. silly me didnt realise until after i opened and tried using a little bit. Now I can't return it so I'm stuck with it. This happened like a year and a half ago.ever since, I've been trying to find some use for this.It sort of matches my face, but i don't have any skin issues besides under eye circles so i never could use it.
Now let's assume it was the right shade. I have a huge problem with the consistency. It's way too thick for under the eye, and even on the face it just looks...well..like you have concealer on.It's beautiful when mixed with lotion and used as a tinted moisturiser, but then that's not why one would buy this.
The studio finish concealer which I now use and love is creamier and thicker but somehow blends in just fine and looks way better. I gave this one star because it wouldn't let me write a review but for the price, I'd say minus points!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by mjhicks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am NW15 with clog prone skin. This coverup is amazing for blemishes as well as for under the eyes. It is easy to apply (thanks to the lovely packaging!) and I use my fingers or a concealer brush to blend it in. I've recommended this to a bunch of my friends because it's the only concealer I've come across that actually lasts all day! I've accidentally slept with my makeup on (and have left it on during sleepovers) and I wake up with my coverup still intact, which is fantastic. I couldn't recommend this enough.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by kizzram

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

At first, I loved this product... It blended beautifully and hid some acne scars on my face. But it oxidized quite a bit.. now I mix with my moisturizer for a base. Would not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by misscoutureland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Was so disappointed in this product. Got this matched at at mac counter and it looked fantastic at first but when I looked in the mirror 1/2 an hour later I looked like an oompa loompa. It covered my acne scars nicely but just oxidised so badly I had to return it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by lilshaxter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this concealer mainly for my undereyes in NW30.
I'm a NC40 at darkest for reference but during winter I tend to get slightly paler. So if you're the same then you could pull this off during the seasons with less sun. It's a good colour match because most concealers tend to look too orange or peachy. But this worked well with my slightly olive complexion and had the right amount of yellow.
Even though colour match was good - it wasn't very good as an undereye concealer for me. I found it faded when I didn't set it with a light dusting of powder. Yet it settled into the fine lines for me and did not look natural at all when I did set it with a powder. It could sometimes give the effect of appearing caked in the latter method of application.
However, when I wore foundation, I did like using this as a concealer for spots. However, it won't cover very dark spots, but it's good for redness.
I like the tube packaging because it doesn't waste as much product as those with the doe foot applicators.
Overall I think you could find a better concealer for the same price.