April 17, 2014 | 1739 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Philosophy - Pure Grace Perfumed Body Lotion

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by suzannaelektra

Though I love Philosophy bath and body products, I cannot stand the smell of their grace fragrances. They smell very stuffy and this one smells like soap (I know it's supposed to). I guess fragrances are personal preferences but I would never buy this lotion again because of the smell...and the lotion is just okay.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2010 12:34:00 AM More reviews by nykat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

No, not for me. b/c of all the good reviews I had to try this. I can almost see (or should I say smell) what the fuss is all about but there is just too much going on here. It has a 'suntan lotion' smell that isn't bad but just not what I'm looking for in a fragrance. It also has a very 'clean' scent as well, like Ivory Soap or Baby Powder...again, not a bad smell. And finally there is this underlying "off" smell that the other two scents are just kinda covering up.
And mostly, I can't stand the bottle that it comes in. I have the 4 oz flip cap and I have to really squeeze the bottle to get product out, then you have to pop the bottle back into shape (and it's still more than half full). I will use up what I have but will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Petalofarose

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pure grace smells soapy on the top and then smells weird on the bottom. In spite of this, I bought the cleanser, the lotion, and the perfume oil. The cleanser is great because it maintains the clean smell on top. The lotion dries down to that funky smell and then it vanishes. It costs $28.00 a tube and it vanishes, is sticky, and not that moisturizing. I returned the lotion. I kept the cleanser and the perfume oil (which fades quickly).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 8:01:00 PM More reviews by debdo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE this. This is my favorite scent..ever. I have used the cologne in this scent, but just received this from QVC along with bath gel. It smells soooooo good..clean and fresh and heavenly. I just feel better when I apply this..crazy I know, but it is true. If you want a clean, pure happy scent this is for you. It is soo moisturizing on my skin. It made my skin very soft,.I will definately buy this again. I has a creamy thickish texture, not at all greasy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 1:17:00 PM More reviews by colettenoelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the best body lotions I've ever tried. It is lightweight and sinks into the skin quickly. No greasy residue is left behind, just pure moisture for my parched skin. I love the Pure Grace scent. It is one of the few "perfume" scents that I love. The majority of perfumes make my head feel like it's being squashed. Pure Grace is a delightful, clean, crisp, and nurturing scent. This moisturizer is very expensive, so I only use this when I want to pamper myself. It makes a lovely little luxury.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2009 9:11:00 PM More reviews by cmbailey07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This does not smell good on me at all. Actually, I'm sniffing the bottle right now and it doesn't smell good in there either. To me, it smells exactly like many heavy sunscreens do. It's just so bad... I can't believe that the same people who made the delectable Falling in Love were also responsible for this!

I'm so turned off by the smell that I nearly forgot to mention the moisturizing properties of the lotion itself. It sinks into your skin almost immediately, it's so nice, and it left my legs feeling very soft and not sticky or slimy at all. So it's a real shame that I don't like the scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 4:28:00 PM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This smells really nice (I love Pure Grace), and it makes your skin soft. The only thing I don't like is the pump bottle. Great for layering with the fragrance. I would love to buy this again but it's to expensive here in Europe.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2009 8:53:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

I forgot why this was buried at the back of my closet.

It smells like clothes that were soaked in fabric softener to cover up some mildew smell, but the mildew smell still lingers. I can actually smell the wet cloth and mildew. Weird. Yucky. Don't use it and won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2009 1:31:00 PM More reviews by iloveMnMs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I guess I am in the minority here, but the scent of this is *very off*. It does not smell anything like the Pure Grace fragrance, which I love. It smells very "grandma", very cheap, almost plastic-like. Funny thing is, this scent lingers, while the fragrance spray does not. Yuck. Moisturizing qualities are good, though.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2009 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Refuge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Smell before you buy-- I know a lot of people love this, but to me, this scent is cloying and overpowering. The lotion has a fine texture and everything, but there's no way I can tolerate this smell for very long.