November 24, 2014 | 906 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - Get Bent Mascara [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2009 10:57:00 AM More reviews by amyplusbaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Firstly, I find this mascara FANTASTIC. It's had a lot of mixed reviews, & I didn't even intend on buying it. However I was in a Benefit boutique purchasing a Benefit Hoola & remembered I was running low on my usual mascara (Estee Lauder - Sumptious)... So being in a rush, I just picked up a Get Bent! & I can tell you, it was one of the best buys I've made. I wasn't expecting it to be great, but it's more than great, I LOVE it. You don't need to keep coating it on to get that fabulous long lash effect (I'd say about 2 coats), and it carries on looking stunning throughout the day. Because of the bent wand, you can get right to the tip of your lash root, so you can drag the wand up and your lashes will instantly look longer. At first glance, the mascara can look a little clumpy on the wand, this is due to all the vitamins & nutriets it has in it, but it's perfectly fine once it's applied, & I've never had a problem with clumping. I truly would recommend this to anyone, & it's going to be my new everyday mascara now, so it's over taken my beloved Estee! (Shows how good it is ;)!). The price isn't too bad either, 14.50 I paid, so it's right there in between the regular brands' price range & the top ends makeup price range. 5 stars from me!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2009 10:58:00 PM More reviews by luckyangelou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this with a gift set full of other BeneTint products. Once I got the brush out of the tube, I knew I wouldn't really like this mascara. There was so much on the brush, I would have had to attack it with a tissue before it would have been acceptable to get near my eye! Not wanting to knock the formula without actually trying it, I sampled it with a disposable (and straight) wand. I was not impressed, however. It streaked immediately when my eyes started to water (as they always do outside in windy Oklahoma), and actually irritated my rather sensitive eyes. It might be okay if your eyes don't ever water, but it was not for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2009 7:20:00 AM More reviews by Lulla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this mascara free with a magazine. so I can't say too much on whether it was worth the price but I would not go out and buy the product by itself.

The mascara itself was fine. It smudged after a few hours but then again most mascaras will smudge on me by the end of the day.

The only thing I have a gripe about the bent wand. With it's odd shape the wiper does not remove the excess product evenly when you pull the wand out of tube. Hence there are parts of the wand where there is a lot of excess product and that can cause serious clumps as well as accidentally getting some on your skin rather than you lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2009 4:53:00 PM More reviews by pinklily82

I have used this product for several months now and like it for the most part. The bent brush does help with control but the product collects at the tip of it. I like the formula since it's thick and doesn't flake. It's pretty expensive ($17, I think) so I'll probably look for something else once I use all of it up.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2009 3:47:00 AM More reviews by joolescheshire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the worst mascara that I've tried. Maybe I don't know the proper technique for the bent brush. The brush gets clumpy too soon. When I tried it first at the mall, my lashes looked great so I got one. But it's not working anymore. It's not as thick and dark as I wanted. I have to apply 3-4 times and it still doesn't seem like enough.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2009 7:07:00 AM More reviews by Luluwastaken

First off, the brush wand collects wayyyy too much mascara, it's very hard to achieve clumpless, pretty, full lashes without using a metal lash comb, also, the bent brush is nothing new, you could bend any old mascara wand..but I love the formula, it's thick enough and also wet enough. it looks amazing once its combed and no flakes.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2009 8:42:00 PM More reviews by silver_aria

great formula that gives really nice lashes. the bent brush makes application a little easier to nudge the lashes upwards and encourage a little more curl - but the formula is super thick and you have to watch out for the product that accumulates at the tip. It does tend to smudge as I get to the end of the day, especially on warmer days. It's not bad but I have a feeling I might be able to find something similar at a lower price point.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 10:37:00 PM More reviews by pink_cosmos

I love this mascara so much that when I got it free with a magazine, I found that I'd stopped using my lancome mascaras altogether (was a fan of Virtuose and Hypnose). It's very black and gives great length and volume without weighing my lashes down (unlike hypnose). I always use and eye curler hence I was a fan of waterproof mascaras as I generally found them to be much better at holding the curl than regular mascaras. There's no need for that anymore with Get Bent. The only con is that it does have a tendency to accumulate too much product on the tips so if you're not careful you will get clumps. Once you get the hang of the bent brush you should be fine though. Im always in a hurry for work in the morning so have to apply ALL of my makeup in the car while my dad/mum drives and I still manage to apply the mascara so that I dont get clumps. BTW i dont suggest doing that ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by x3fairie

Firstly, i have to say that i did not pay for this but i think it retails for about 30odd dollars in australia which is decent priced. My sisters boyfriend works in promotions for magazines so i regularly get freebies as he knows of my addiction for make up:D. i had tried this once at a benefit counter before but wasnt impressed at all thus why i was hesitant to even give it another go when i received this. Although my curiosity got the better of me and i did give it another go. at first i tried with without a primer and the results were so so. but when i applied a primer i was amazed. my lashes immediately curled upwards and lengthened a smidgeon. not a great deal though. i really like the formula as it is true to its advertisements of being jet black. i find the more coats i put on the more drama i get, although i do have to be careful not to overdo it because it does start to clump if i layer on too much. i have yet to have problems with smudging for flaking. all in all ive really taken a liking to this mascara... and it was free!

edit:
    after a few uses... the formula began to dry and product was over dispensed. it clumped my lashes and ran like no other.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by bobbylou82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this product irritating to work with- the angled design meant that too much of the product was on the brush, and if I wanted to use it I would have to take some time to clean up afterwards. It's a shame, as it worked well enough after some mascara was removed, but I was disappointed.