December 19, 2014 | 1524 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Dry Skin Therapy PLUS Intensive Repair Lotion

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2010 7:57:00 AM More reviews by jackjack828

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bought this today, since I love the hand creme, I thought I would love this too, but I was dead wrong. I have eczema, so I thought this would be ok coz I have eczema on my face too but I use aha and it works well. Well, let me tell you that this made my legs rash. Not only was it sticky, but it was also greasy. Seriously, my legs are so red and bumpy right now, it makes me want to cry. I'm returning this junk tom morning. I loathe this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2010 10:10:00 AM More reviews by janetrachel75

My legs are dry and my feet are really really dry. So, I need an intense lotion for the feet. My doctor recommended that I try Eucerin. Mistake!!!! I hate this lotion. It is sticky and greasy and never seems to absorb. I tried using it several times and the product never grew on me. Yuck.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2010 2:48:00 AM More reviews by PinkSyringes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I thought the AHA in it would help my KP. I used it every night, and it did make my KP go away. The HUGE downside was that, it takes forever to dry, and it is really, really really greasy. I am not sure if I would ever buy this again, because it does make my KP go away but it is super greasy! If your willing to wait for it to dry, then it work for you!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2010 10:07:00 AM More reviews by EmHimes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this to use this past winter, we had horrible snow and colder then usual temperatures. My skin was dry, flaky and itchy. I bought this because I heard it was good and worked. I should have bought the basic Eucerin, not this Intensive Plus. The cream is thick and rich but it also must have some oil in it because it does not sink into the skin quickly. It sits on top of the skin and needs time, like 10 minutes, to absorb. I made the mistake of getting dressed after putting this on and not waiting. My clothes had this greasy, oily residue. I have to say that this absolutely does the job for dry skin, it works but I can not get past the oily feeling time needed for this to properly absorb. I will add that I like body oils, I use one from Clarins and its a favorite of mine but this cream is different, its just greasy. I will not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 3:50:00 AM More reviews by yjay80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i love this lotion, been using it for abt 3weeks now and i will say IT WORKS!!!!!!!! i'm african Nigeria to be precise, i read lots of positive reviews about this lotion and decided to dry it, my skin has never looked better, incredibly soft & smooth....i bought the one that has no fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 2:34:00 PM More reviews by kmarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have always used either etailer or Body Shop butters or creams,never found a mere lotion moisturizing enough - until I tried this! Very moisturizing and smoothing and fragrance free! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2009 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Drugstorejunkie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This work wonders I love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2009 4:31:00 PM More reviews by jlinh2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Unless you apply this right after you come out the shower, prepare to feel like a bird getting slathered up for Thanksgiving. It's the strangest consistently. Comes out not to thick, but once it hits my skin, I'm literally tugging to spread it. Takes forever to absorb. I can still feel the layer when I get home from work. Yes, it moisturizes, but the icky sticky feeling all day isn't worth it. Now, I only apply at night on my feet and then put on socks. Otherwise, you'll have greasy footprints all over your house.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by TheAscension

whoamygod I love this. First, a wee bit of background. I have really, incredibly dry skin. It's pretty much beyond dry. With regular lotion, if I haven't used any right after I get out of the shower, it looks like the desert when it hasn't rained. Cracked and gross. If I try to use regular lotion on it, it says "Onh honh honh (it's French) you cannot apesse me wis your silleh loshions!". I have to apply two or three coats of lotion to get rid of that ashen gross look. So, today, my skin was really itchy, and I was thinking I had developed an allergic reaction or something when I realised I forgot lotion. I picked some of this up, having heard good things about Eucerin. I used three pumps of this per leg and they were looking and feeling fiiiiiine. No more desert look :D

I really am not fond of the smell. It smells like vinegar and alcohol, kind of. Luckily, it fades really quickly. I'm not all that fond of the texture it leaves behind on my hands. It's not sticky, but it's not that lush, moisturised feel either. I can't describe it. Perhaps it's because I have to use so much on the rest of my body. Anyway, those minor setbacks are so worth not killing a bottle of regular lotion in 2 weeks, or having to constantly apply it. If it keeps working like this, hell yes I'll buy it again.

Basically, this lotion is all brass knuckles and business. It's not a "oh, my regularly non-dry hands feel the tiniest bit dry and oh so slightly chapped, I'll try this." It'll be gross, tacky, and overwhelming, and you'll hate it. If you've got severely dry skin, try it. It's got enough good stuff inside to flood that desert skin with moisture and make it an oasis of lovely, but not so much that you drown it and it's sticky like Vaseline Sheer Infusion.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2009 4:23:00 PM More reviews by three_black_cats

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The product I have is labeled "Dry Skin Therapy Plus Intensive Repair Enriched Lotion." I'm not sure what it's enriched with, but it works for me. The subtitle on the pump bottle says, "Clinically proven effective for very dry, flaky skin. Alpha hydroxy and extra-enriched moisturizers exfoliate and smooth."

Ok, so it does moisturize and smooth, and it does that VERY well. It also improves flaky skin and has helped the bumpy skin (KP, anyone?) on my upper arms. I love the addition of alpha hydroxy acid which, if the PH is right, is great for moisturizing and exfoliating. Yet this product also has a bit of greasy/sticky feel, doesn't absorb very quickly, and often I find myself rubbing and rubbing to get the white streaks of lotion to absorb into the skin on my legs. This could be because it's COLD in my apartment, or it could be that the skin on my legs and arms is so dry that it takes a while for anything to sink in, or it could be because this stuff just doesn't absorb into skin very quickly. Once it does absorb into my skin it does very good things for me. Did I mention that it's kind of sticky feeling? That kind of turns me off, but when I see how my skin looks after a few weeks of using this product, I'm more than willing to put up with feeling slightly sticky until it finally sinks in.

Whatever. I like what this does for me. It helps banish/prevent the post-shaving bumps and ingrown hairs on my legs and thighs. It also smooths the skin on my elbows, upper arms, and ankles. It has absolutely no fragrance that I can detect, and even hours after applying it, I can still feel that it's keeping my skin soft and smooth. I've also used it on my face as a night cream, and it worked well for that, too.

All in all, while I'm not so happy with the sticky, slow-to-absorb feel this leaves on my skin, I am VERY happy with how my skin looks and feels after using this product. I will repurchase and be glad at how this treats my dry winter skin, but I'll still grumble about the sticky/slow-to-absorb feeling.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No