April 18, 2014 | 2057 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Dry Skin Therapy PLUS Intensive Repair Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 3:50:00 AM More reviews by yjay80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i love this lotion, been using it for abt 3weeks now and i will say IT WORKS!!!!!!!! i'm african Nigeria to be precise, i read lots of positive reviews about this lotion and decided to dry it, my skin has never looked better, incredibly soft & smooth....i bought the one that has no fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 2:34:00 PM More reviews by kmarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have always used either etailer or Body Shop butters or creams,never found a mere lotion moisturizing enough - until I tried this! Very moisturizing and smoothing and fragrance free! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2009 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Drugstorejunkie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This work wonders I love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2009 4:31:00 PM More reviews by jlinh2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Unless you apply this right after you come out the shower, prepare to feel like a bird getting slathered up for Thanksgiving. It's the strangest consistently. Comes out not to thick, but once it hits my skin, I'm literally tugging to spread it. Takes forever to absorb. I can still feel the layer when I get home from work. Yes, it moisturizes, but the icky sticky feeling all day isn't worth it. Now, I only apply at night on my feet and then put on socks. Otherwise, you'll have greasy footprints all over your house.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by TheAscension

whoamygod I love this. First, a wee bit of background. I have really, incredibly dry skin. It's pretty much beyond dry. With regular lotion, if I haven't used any right after I get out of the shower, it looks like the desert when it hasn't rained. Cracked and gross. If I try to use regular lotion on it, it says "Onh honh honh (it's French) you cannot apesse me wis your silleh loshions!". I have to apply two or three coats of lotion to get rid of that ashen gross look. So, today, my skin was really itchy, and I was thinking I had developed an allergic reaction or something when I realised I forgot lotion. I picked some of this up, having heard good things about Eucerin. I used three pumps of this per leg and they were looking and feeling fiiiiiine. No more desert look :D

I really am not fond of the smell. It smells like vinegar and alcohol, kind of. Luckily, it fades really quickly. I'm not all that fond of the texture it leaves behind on my hands. It's not sticky, but it's not that lush, moisturised feel either. I can't describe it. Perhaps it's because I have to use so much on the rest of my body. Anyway, those minor setbacks are so worth not killing a bottle of regular lotion in 2 weeks, or having to constantly apply it. If it keeps working like this, hell yes I'll buy it again.

Basically, this lotion is all brass knuckles and business. It's not a "oh, my regularly non-dry hands feel the tiniest bit dry and oh so slightly chapped, I'll try this." It'll be gross, tacky, and overwhelming, and you'll hate it. If you've got severely dry skin, try it. It's got enough good stuff inside to flood that desert skin with moisture and make it an oasis of lovely, but not so much that you drown it and it's sticky like Vaseline Sheer Infusion.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2009 4:23:00 PM More reviews by three_black_cats

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The product I have is labeled "Dry Skin Therapy Plus Intensive Repair Enriched Lotion." I'm not sure what it's enriched with, but it works for me. The subtitle on the pump bottle says, "Clinically proven effective for very dry, flaky skin. Alpha hydroxy and extra-enriched moisturizers exfoliate and smooth."

Ok, so it does moisturize and smooth, and it does that VERY well. It also improves flaky skin and has helped the bumpy skin (KP, anyone?) on my upper arms. I love the addition of alpha hydroxy acid which, if the PH is right, is great for moisturizing and exfoliating. Yet this product also has a bit of greasy/sticky feel, doesn't absorb very quickly, and often I find myself rubbing and rubbing to get the white streaks of lotion to absorb into the skin on my legs. This could be because it's COLD in my apartment, or it could be that the skin on my legs and arms is so dry that it takes a while for anything to sink in, or it could be because this stuff just doesn't absorb into skin very quickly. Once it does absorb into my skin it does very good things for me. Did I mention that it's kind of sticky feeling? That kind of turns me off, but when I see how my skin looks after a few weeks of using this product, I'm more than willing to put up with feeling slightly sticky until it finally sinks in.

Whatever. I like what this does for me. It helps banish/prevent the post-shaving bumps and ingrown hairs on my legs and thighs. It also smooths the skin on my elbows, upper arms, and ankles. It has absolutely no fragrance that I can detect, and even hours after applying it, I can still feel that it's keeping my skin soft and smooth. I've also used it on my face as a night cream, and it worked well for that, too.

All in all, while I'm not so happy with the sticky, slow-to-absorb feel this leaves on my skin, I am VERY happy with how my skin looks and feels after using this product. I will repurchase and be glad at how this treats my dry winter skin, but I'll still grumble about the sticky/slow-to-absorb feeling.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2009 3:23:00 AM More reviews by flawlessbackflip

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i was at walmart and i was looking for a face moisturizer since the cold weather has been leaving my skin with dry patches, resulting in my foundation flaking up badly. i found this for $3 and bought it. i use this on my face, let it sink it for a few minutes and then wipe off the excess. from there i apply my foundation and there are no flakes. the only complaint i have is that this makes my face a little more oily than it already is. other than that, this works wonders for my flakey skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2009 4:36:00 AM More reviews by earlyonemorning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product really helped with my KP. I had only just learned what KP was and was looking for cheap effective ways to help with it. Daily application after shower for a few weeks worked great! And for once my skin wasn't crocodile dry. It doesn't absorb well on dry skin- so apply it right out of the shower. Don't bother to towel off, just kind of slide a lot of the water off of your body and start applying. After a hour or so it'll have soaked in and leaves your skin oh so soft. It's smell isn't the best and it's kinda greasy for the first while, but it's effects are great. It's like $10 a bottle though at target and walmart and that's hard on a student budget. I used it until most of my KP went away and just use their PLUS smoothing essentials now. Will def buy again though if the price drops below $7 for 16+oz

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by tonyawyatt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this body lotion. It is thicker than any other body lotion I've used. It's like Elmers Glue but this stuff really hydrates my skin. It's not intended for this purpose, but I use a tiny bit under my eyes too and believe it or not, this is better than my eye cream! It's just so thick and moist, I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2009 3:37:00 AM More reviews by devlynaskurt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

yes, it's tacky. yes, it's kinda thick. yes, it doesn't absorb that well. yes, i often dust cornstarch over this.

HOWEVER....

it's awesome for someone like me. i use this exclusively on my upper arms, where i have keratosis pilaris. if i consistently use this after showering using a japanese scrub cloth (like salux), the bumps on my upper arms smooth out very noticeably due to the AHAs.

this lotion is a bit pricey for drugstore, but since i use only a dime-sized dollop for each arm, it takes a long time to use up the bottle.