April 18, 2014 | 1696 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Technakohl Liner in Uniform

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2007 4:41:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

This is a great color: sooty, deep olive-brown with gold glints. It's quite dark, though, and works as a good substitute for black--it reminds me of toasted nori actually. This is very similar to Clinique's Cream Shaper for Eyes in "Egyptian," but Clinique's has a creamier texture and glides on better. It also doesn't have quite the staying power on me that the Technakohl has. And for some reason, "Uniform" seems to be a hair brighter/lighter on me. As I said, the staying power is excellent--no transferring onto lower lids or smearing or fading (except on the inner rims, which is to be expected). I don't usually like automatic pencils but this one is pretty skinny so the line it draws is acceptably thin. Would repurchase.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2007 6:50:00 PM More reviews by CLisa

I really love this eyeliner. The color is gorgeous - a fantastic alternative for pale people who find black too harsh. Although it has gold shimmer, it's not too warm-toned, and I find that I can wear it with a variety of shadow colors. I personally prefer the convenience of an automatic pencil (especially when traveling). Oh, and it REALLY LASTS on my oil slick eyelids, which is a miracle in itself. I'm so glad I bought this one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2007 1:37:00 PM More reviews by chloeism21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this version, and the Powerpoint version (Buried Treasure). Yes, the colours are identical, but one must be sharpened, and one is automatic, or propelling (it swivels up and down). I have a tip for anyone who has experienced what the first reviewer of this product experienced-breakage of the tip due to a tight cap. Yes, the pencil cap is tight. I have not experienced any breakage of the tip with this pencil, but If you have used enough of the product (probably about 2 applications all around the eyes worth, as this is soft and will wear down quickly) you should be able to have the tip of the pencil completely surrounded by the plastic stick upon swiveling the product back into the plastic stick completely-so no product is sticking out upon closure. This is a great product, with great colours, and fantastic staying power (I use them over MAC Paints, and they last until I take off my makeup). A definite repurchase from me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2007 4:11:00 AM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was really surprised by the colour of this Technakohl, I imagined that with a name like Uniform it would be some sort of yucky khaki uniform green (I don't like greens very much). But by chance I tried it out at the counter and it was amazing! So I bought it. But even then after getting it home I put off actually wearing it for so long, one look at that green point at the end of the pencil and it always turned me off. But one day I decided that since I got it I would have to use it. Oh boy am I glad I did! This is NOT a horrid vomity khaki-uniform green, it actually has almost no noticeable green at all (good IMO!), it's more like a dark brown-greyish-soft black with the most beautiful gold shimmer. It really deepens the colour of my brown eyes (if I wear the wrong colours they actually make me look like I have washed out pale honey brown eyes and I don't like that, I like my eyes to look almost black). I will be using this a lot now, so glad I bought it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2006 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Rudimentary

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

At the risk of arousing the ire of the knowledgeable ladies on the Makeup Board, I confess to being one of those people mystified by the MAC love. Lurking there one day, I stumbled upon raves for Technakohl Liner in Graphblack. Although I'm not a fan of MAC, I am a fan of lining my inner lash line, and according to the MUA experts, Technakohl was the best. This called for a long overdue visit to my MAC counter. Despite being horrified by the makeup artist's emerald green eyeshadow, I warily approached and asked to see a tester. The color seemed much too intense for my age and life, so she suggested Uniform, a dark brown-khaki-hazel shade. She lined my eyes perfectly, and I was sold. And despite our differing ideas of appropriate eyeshadow shades, we became fast friends!

Uniform is an awesome color, and the product itself is excellent. Despite its somewhat "greasy" texture, it lasts far longer than what I had been using (Revlon ColorStay) without smearing, smudging or budging. Eventually it fades, of course, but only slightly. It doesn't bother my contacts, either. This is the liner I've been looking for all these years! I'm going to have to start lurking on the Makeup Board more often...thanks for the tip, ladies!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2006 7:31:00 AM More reviews by Nursie

I love this liner. Color to me is identical to the powerpoint pencil Buried Treasure--kind of a dark brown with goldish flecks that aren't exactly noticeable. The technakohls are supposed to be safe for the waterline, which is why I love them so much. My waterline is extremely difficult to line because most things end up rubbing off quickly. The technakohls do a pretty good job of staying on and I don't have to worry that it's not eyesafe. I never use the technakohls for lining my upper lashline though, because I have a hard time cleaning it off there at the end of the day and I'm too lazy--I'd rather just use the powerpoints for upper lashline. But for the waterline, I'm a huge fan of these liners and Uniform is my favorite for everyday because it doesn't look quite as harsh as the black one. Basically, if you love Buried Treasure but are interested in something more water resistant, try Uniform!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2006 1:41:00 AM More reviews by GraceQ

What's not to like? This eyeliner glides easily and never needs sharpening. I was actually surprised at how inexpensive it was (I think retails $12). The color is a dark brown-olive and can be drawn think or thick. Long-lasting and not smudging, this product is comprable to Clinique egyptian and works great for an everyday eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2006 10:56:00 AM More reviews by sweetcaroline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This liner is great! It's very creamy, it's an 'automatic' sharpening pencil, and it really lasts all day. I put it on at 5:30am and it's still on when I leave work and when I go to the gym. It doesn't smear once it's set. I only use this on my upper lids. It is a bit expensive however. One of the MAC salespeople told me this is not limited edition, despite what the website said. Uniform is a soft grey-black-with a hint of olive and sparkle. It's not as harsh as the black version but still stands out.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2006 4:10:00 PM More reviews by beemer

I was so excited to try out Uniform when the Technakohls came out. I have to say I'm a little disappointed. It's basically Buried Treasure remade into a Technakohl. I absolutely love Buried Treasure, so I don't see any point in replacing it with Uniform. When looking at the tip it is definitely green, but once applied (or swatched on my hand), I think there is too little difference to notice. If you don't already have BT or Clinique Egyptian, then definitely give this a try. It's a very pretty deep green with gold shimmer! Staying power is good on my oily lids (about the same as Power Points). I actually prefer a pencil that can be sharpened though, so I can get a fine point if desired.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2006 9:37:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Uniform technakohl liner is described as "deep khaki-green with gold pearl" on the MAC website. I would say their description is accurate. To anyone familiar with Buried Treasure Powerpoint pencil by MAC, I would say that Uniform is the twist-up version of that same pencil. (Swiped them side by side... and I swear I didn't see a difference! They even rub off the same!) I happen to love Buried Treasure, so when I saw Uniform, I knew one was coming home with me. :o)I also find this pencil to be identical in wear to MAC's Powerpoint liners. On me, Uniform lasted all day in almost 90 degree weather. Not bad wear- for a pencil. I didn't experience any smudging or disappearing line, either. By the end of the day (over 8 hours), at close inspection, the line was still obviously there, but there was some fading. It kind of "thinned-out," if you know what I mean. Perhaps on a cooler day, and on a person with less oily skin, this Technakohl liner would hold up even better. I won't find out for awhile because we are still experiencing very hot weather for the time being. Anyway- I love Powerpoints- and this is like the twist-up version for me (no sharpening... YAY!), so I would definitely buy another one. Uniform- like Buried Treasure- happens to bring out the best in my hazel eyes, so I have no regrets and give it 5 lipsters mainly for the color and the way it brightens my eye color when I use it. EDIT: One more thing I forgot... actually, a WARNING of sorts: Careful when you take the cap off of these Technakohl pencils! The tip is very soft, and if the cap is tight and you pull it hard, it knocks the tip right off of the pencil! :o( I was a little miffed that it took the point off of the pencil, and then I was left with a blunt pencil point. I used my fingers to mold it back into a point of sorts, but that was messy and kind of a pain-in-the-@rs. The cap seems to stick to the rest of the pencil, unless I just happened to get a defective one. Took a few lippies off for "Packaging Quality" due to this defect. continued >>

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No