April 17, 2014 | 1433 users online

Eyeliner - Smashbox - Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner in Black

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by TiaDGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm on the fence about this liner...And for a product that cost me $22 CAD, being on the fence won't warrant a re-purchase.

PROS
-Truly is water/sweat resistant and lasts all day....And even into the next day if not removed with a heavy-duty makeup remover.

CONS
-I haven't had this for long enough to comment about how it supposedly dries out in the jar, but if the other reviewers are any indication, this will not keep a creamy texture for very long.
-You get the TINIEST amount for your money. Stila's Smudgepots are $2 cheaper, but you get 0.14 ounces of product compared to the 0.1 from Smashbox. And trust me ladies, 0.04 of an ounce makes a huge difference when it comes to eyeliner.
-Pigmentation is not great. This is not a rich, carbon black. It's more of a weak, pale black leaning towards slate gray (if that makes sense). As someone who favors intense, bold lines, Smashbox Jet Set just isn't cutting it.
-Flakes.

Now this could really be a pro or a con depending on how you look at it, but the initial texture of this seems to be quite a bit harder than many gel liners. That's a problem because it does not pick up on a brush well or glide effortlessly onto the eyes like many gels, but it's a good thing because a slightly drier texture means better lasting power. But if you're looking for a liner that will just glide across your lids with ease, skip this.

Though there are way more cons than pros, I'm still giving this 3 stars because the lasting power is the absolute best that I have come across. This truly will last forever and even stand up to oily lids, sweat, deep set eyes, water etc.

I will not repurchase though. I'd rather sacrifice a few hours of lasting power for a product higher in quality overall. Who really needs eyeliner to last 24 hours anyway?

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by mona09

I really like this gel eyeliner. I apply it after nars primer and it stays on for about 10-12 hours! I've tried the mac gel eye liner but there is no comparison. The container will lasts almost a whole year.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by ayalalaya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I first tried this product, it went on smoothly and looked great. But after a couple of months, it became harder and harder to get any product onto my brush. They gel dried out before I could even get half way through the pot. I will not repurchase this and will definitely go back to pencil and liquid liners for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by DiscoverBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't understand why this has such low ratings. I can understand that this liner is much less creamier than most, but it has its advantages. First, let me mention all the cream/gel liners that I have tried. MAC , Bobbi Brown, Maybelline, L'Oreal, Physicians Formula, E.L.F, Femme Couture, Tarte, MUFE, Stila, and BeneFit. Smashbox is the top on my list as far as lasting power. The deal breaker for me is that this liner did not transfer at all on my top lids. That's the problem I've always had with most liners. Smashbox's Jet Set Waterproof liner is super black, and I love it. It's my no brainer go to liner that I can always trust won't fail on me. If you have troubles with smudging, transfer, or running, this is the one for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2011 3:07:00 AM More reviews by niacatstudio

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried so many gel/cream liners.... this is one of my 2 favourites: it's amazingly black and it takes longer that other to dry. Worthed.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by jessica911

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i really enjoy this gel liner. i was previously using sephora brands and it would constantly smudge, run, and smear. this fixed all of those problems. it doesn t smudge and stays on until you take it off. i wish it had a bit more product and was a bit cheaper, but overall i'm very happy with it. i've had it for almost 2 months now and i use it nearly every day, although i only use it on my upper lashes and pencil on my waterline. even after plenty of use, there's more than half left. i definitly recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2011 1:20:00 PM More reviews by andrya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is horrible! Flaky, expensive, and zero color payoff-no thanks!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2011 12:43:00 AM More reviews by mixedup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this, its a slightly drier consistancy than MAC fluidline, and does come in a smaller container, but it seems to do its job well. It stays on and doesn't smudge or smear around, and lasts all day. Just be sure to put the cap on tight so that it doesn't dry out.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Yuck this eyeliner is supposedly marketed as being able to stay in the water line which it totally did not! I hate it it's going back. MAC fluid line

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2011 10:02:00 AM More reviews by canshin665

It does what it's supposed to do; waterproof, smudge-proof. It's just damn hard to apply it. and It flakes... flakes.... flakes...

It was a big disappointment. For $24, maybe I expected too much... sigh... It's worse than my drug store product...

If you want to see the photo of this product on please check below.
makeupexploration.blogspot.com