November 26, 2014 | 1745 users online

Shampoo - Pantene - ICE SHINE

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by magicBUS

Ugh. I had high hopes for this for some reason. Initially, after the first two or so washes...my hair was incredibly shiny and soft. However, after using this product for the past two weeks, my hair had massive, bird's nest like knots in it that I had to literally soak in warmed olive oil to untangle. I spent around 40 or so minutes trying to work the oil through my hair to detangle and deep condition. The only thing I could see this working for is a very occasional clarifying shampoo when you have a ton of buildup on your hair. That's all this can do...strip everything from your hair! That's why it is billed as a "shine" shampoo... because leaving your hair uncoated is supposed to make it shiny (?)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 12:05:00 PM More reviews by DollParts7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This gets a solid 2, all the way around. Cheap, hard to open, and easy to break lids. Bad product inside which made my hair as dry as the Sahara, tests on animals, smells terrible, and didn't even make my hair shiny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 3:51:00 AM More reviews by furnando

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I actually really love this shampoo. I've never been really wowed by any shampoo's until this one. I don't what it has, but it makes my hair very shiny and full of volume. It really made my hair beautiful in the first wash. Sadly, my hair did get dirtier quite fast after using this, but I don't mind at all since I'd rather have dirty hair than have frizzy flat hair. I wish they sold this in Arizona, ugh I would so get a 2nd bottle of this. Just to describe my hair, I have alot of hair, but its quite fine. I don't dye my hair anymore so its quite healthy. I'm not sure if this would work out for other hair types though so be careful.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by cjx3pooh

I'm very disappointed with this shampoo, because I like the volume one from Pantene very much. First off, for something called "ice shine," this did not make my hair shiny at all, I had better luck with the Herbal Essence Drama Clean or the Garnier Sleek & Shine.
Secondly, it doesn't really clean my hair well. I have an oily scalp, and usually could go washing my hair every other day. With this, my hair feels oily the next day.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Beckylou15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

WARNING: Pantene is Very bad for your hair!!! It has Additives and chemicals In It! It also leaves a residue In your hair. All Pantene products are the same!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by dotttB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Crappy. Made my hair dry and tangled, and fell out in huge clumps. I pulled it out a while later, not believing Pantene made a shampoo this awful, and tried it with different conditoners, but got the same result. Did make my hair shiny, after half of it fell out and spent what seemed like a half an hour combing out the tangles. It's so bad I wouldnt even use it as a "backup shampoo" if I were running out.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by JNI32593

This product was HORRIBLE!! it completely dried out my hair so that when I dried it straight, I had billions of frizzy fly-aways. I will never buy this again, although I absolutely love the new Medium-thick Pantene shampoos. Never again!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by ClareWaldorf

WORST shampoo I've ever used. It gave me dandruff that lasted for six months and made my hair brittle and dry. It smells great, though. But I'd never consider using it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2010 10:48:00 PM More reviews by obsess1beauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a product junkie so I never ever stick to one product. It seems like with every wash, I'm jumping from one haircare product to another. With that said, I went to the store earlier today and bought the ice shine shampoo and conditioner from the pantene collection at wal-mart. I missed that classic scent of pantene and I began to read rave reviews on another beauty site about this product, so I gave it a go.

I have to say, this works GREAT! I have very thick, coarse and very long (elbow length), wavy hair and this worked pure magic on my locks. It was cleansing but not to the point that it made my hair feel like straw. It has a superb balance between cleansing and moisturizing all at once; something I definitely need for dry hair combined with regular use of styling products (hair spray, gel, etc).

I chose to buy this pantene shampoo because it does not have the ammonium sulfates. Those particular sulfates practically murder my already dry hair. It also does not have dimethicone, which my hair agrees with, but it causes build-up and a funky feeling on the back of my head- ew! That's probably the wax everyone refers to when it comes to pantene.

Aside from those facts, I'm going to attempt to stick with this product for a while. My hair is very nice and bouncy after having used this shampoo and it's oh-so shiny!! The scent hasn't drifted from my hair since I've washed it, either (that's just as important as everything else). I'll edit on this if anything changes (:

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2010 1:52:00 AM More reviews by ms5kity

This made my scalp itch! Itch! Itch! Itch! Maybe some shine, more like grease. How can this have made my hair greasy and dry at the same time? bad stuff.