December 18, 2014 | 761 users online

Other - Crest - Whitestrips SUPREME

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2008 5:25:00 PM More reviews by SaveOurBluths

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I want to echo all the comments below - these will whiten your teeth incredibly effectively and quickly. I just want to add that I would recommend using Orajel Advanced Tooth Densensitizer (available at drugstores for about $5) the day before you start using these Whitestrips to eliminate pain and sensitivity or you might find these super-strength strips unbearable.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by onestarrynight

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried all the different crest whitestrips. I had some sensitivity to all of them in the beginning, but then over time I seemed to get used to them and they didn't bother me anymore. These bothered me and still do if I use them more than a few days in a row. I started out just using one strip once a day and then built up my tolerance and now use two strips back to back. I'm careful not to get the gel on my lips and once the strip is on I take my fingernail and push the edge down, so it's not touching my gums. They REALLY whiten your teeth. I have some fillings in the front and I'm going to have to go in and have them replaced because they look totally yellow (like cavities almost!) next to the whitened enamel. I guess you don't have to replace the whole filling, just part of it (thank goodness.) My dentist and hygienist were both impressed with how white my teeth have gotten from these. I buy them on eBay. If you can tolerate the premium plus strips, I'm guessing you can handle these too. In the end, I think they're probably cheaper than the premiums because you need fewer strips for stronger/faster results.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2008 6:14:00 AM More reviews by staceyrose

I bought these on Ebay after reading reviews here. None of the Crest Whitestrips are available to buy in the UK, unless through Ebay or other internet sites.
Before I used the strips, my teeth were a bit on the yellow side with some mild staining. After the very first usage I noticed a big improvement in colour. I have been using them for ten days now, and my teeth are very white. I am going to save the rest of my strips for maintainance. If they get much whiter now, they are going to look like Ross in that episode of friends.
They weren't painful for me, but I did use Sensodyne and Arm & Hammer enamal restorer toothpaste. The first time I used the strips there was some mild tingling, but that soon stopped.
I am very pleased with how my teeth look now, and I will definately buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2007 10:56:00 PM More reviews by pixiemarie

I don't think these did much of anything for me. My teeth are not that stained, but maybe my stains are just too old since I'm reaching 30. After finishing a pack of the Crest strips Premium without seeing hardly any change, I ordered these. I used the entire pack, and I'm not sure my teeth got any whiter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2007 12:16:00 PM More reviews by sabet

I switched to using these strips after using the regular version for about a week. With regular strips I wore them twice a day. I did not experience much sensitivity with the regular version, but after wearing a couple of these supreme ones (one top and one bottom) just once I was in pain a few hours later and had to take some Advil. I had to skip the next day and buy myself some Sensodyne toothpaste. Brushing with Sensodyne a few times a day enabled me to continue with whitening. I can only use the supreme version once a day and sometimes I still do experience some mild numb pain a few hours after each session, which I am able to tolerate for the results I'm getting. These are definitely stronger.
After two weeks of whitening, one with the regular, one with the supreme versions, my teeth are a number of shades lighter, though they're not as white as the whites of my eyes yet. I will continue with Supremes for another week or two and see where it will take me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2007 6:09:00 PM More reviews by queenofdisaster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Where to Buy:
For those of you who don't want to go through a dentist to get these, I got them on eBay. Just make sure they aren't expired and that your seller has positive feedback from people who have also purchased the strips.

General Comments:
I find that Whitestrips in general are very easy to use and these are no different. They are quite convienient as well. I am only on my 3rd set of strips (2nd day) and can already see results.

I normally have no problems with tooth or gum sensitivity, but these strips can trigger it, so you may want to use them every other day, you would still definitely see great results.

Whitestrips Supreme are a great alternative to Sephora's GoSmile kit and are a fraction of the price.

This was a great investment and I will definitely repurchase. I will update with my final results.

UPDATE: I stopped using these because they caused extreme tooth sensitivity. My teeth hurt for a week. The results are great, but only if you can handle the pain!! I couldn't!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2007 5:53:00 PM More reviews by escebola

These strips deliver amazing results. I had my teeth whitened at my dentist's office 3 years ago and every other 8-9 months I use these strips to bring back the original white smile I had when I first bleached my teeth. They work pretty fast and are so effective I think that I end up whth a whiter smile. I actually only need 1 week (2x a day) to see incredible results. Will keep on buying these forever!

It's true that they can make your teeth sensitive. To prevent this, brush with Sensodyne or similar at least 2 weeks before using the strips. The only thing I haven't been able to get around is the gum senstiivity. Ouch! But the results are worth it.

I've tried other strips (Duane Reads) and they can't compare to Crest's Supreme.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2007 3:43:00 PM More reviews by mo22duffy

These are strong and I saw a very noticable difference after three days (1x per day use). You have to keep up with results, though, by 1-2x week maintenance use. Overall, pretty great product. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2007 1:53:00 PM More reviews by jhyman

Wow. These are strong, but that's what you want in a whitening product, right? I love that the strips come with a little blue case to keep them in. I've used about five days worth (two strips twice a day on upper and lower = 20 strips) and my teeth are noticeably whiter. I didn't say a word to my friends about using them and got a "wow, your teeth look white!" comment already. You can buy them off of ebay for not that much more than the drugstore kind, and they are much more efficient. I've used the traditional whitestrips from Crest before and much prefer the supremes. That being said, they are a little harsher and you may have to take a day off every now and then while using them. I'd also recommend that you not buy them close to the expiration date to save money, as some people do- since you only need half a full supply to really get your teeth white, you can save the other half for a 6 month or even 1 year touchup- but that will do you no good if they've expired. all in all, the most effective OTC whitening product out there, IMO, and not a bad price at all. Will def. buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2007 9:40:00 PM More reviews by littlebabyneko

These Crest strips are incredible. I bought a week's supply (14 upper and 14 lower) from ebay and I only wore 3 strips before I had a dazzling white smile. I don't think I could go back to the regular ones as these ones are just so much quicker. I still have 11 of these so I will keep using them every 6 months so in terms of value, its much better than the regular ones. Oh and since I had read that their strength induces sensitivity a lot quicker, I positioned them so they were 3/4 down my top teeth (as far away from the gums as I could) and it was funny, I ended up with 3/4 bleached teeth after the first two goes lol! I could really see the difference. They do induce sensitivity (I took a 1 day break between the 2dn and 3rd strip) but considering how quickly they act, its much less "torture".