November 28, 2014 | 1910 users online

Shampoo - Clairol - Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

This shampoo is a true disappointment. I have used this shampoo on and off again for a few years now and I also get sucked back in to trying it from the beautiful packaging and the heavenly scent which is probably my favourite scent on the face of the earth but plain and simple- this stuff sucks. The shampoo is thick and opaque and blue and after I have washed my hair with it, my hair feels so dry and yet so heavy- I feel like every single strand is coated in a thick wax. With other shampoos I am able to go about 3 days without washing my hair and after a few hours I can already feel the oils and grease in my scalp- nasty! It also gives my hair really bad split ends. I'm really disappointed by this shampoo :( Will not buy again (hopefully lol) and do not recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by angeliee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my go-to summer shampo. During the summer my hair gets dry and the shampoo does 10/10 moisturizes after a pool filled with chlorine and also smells fantastic. It smells like coconut which I don't lovee but more like fresh clean but soft smell. But my hair gets very soft and well moisturized after use. Only recommended in the summer tho. During winter I use "honey I'm strong" also by clairol/herbal essences! :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

This is just a standard drugstore shampoo. I like the conditioner, but the shampoo is not the greatest. It doesn't lather the way i like, and my hair still feels dirty after using it. I love the smell though!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by auttiegal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this shampoo! I am mixed girl and its hard to find a shampoo and conditioner that keeps my hair moisturized however this is it! I love it after one was my hair was softer! This is it! I don't need any other shampoo but this one because it is perfect!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by TouchOfSin

I used this when I was at my aunt's house. I didn't bring any shampoo with me so I saw this standing in the shower niche and tried it out. It was worse than Pantene smooth and sleek, it left my hair very straw like and coarse, and I had horrible hair in the morning thanks to this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 2:07:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

This is a my favourite drugstore shampoo. I used it all the time years ago and had no complaints about it. It was great for my damaged, bleach blonde hair when I couldn't afford Matrix Conditioning Balm and Shampoo.

There are clearly better, high-end shampoos, but for the price this is good. I don't use it anymore as I switched to a shampoo that had less acne-inducing chemicals in it. I have terrible acne and basically tried to purge as much stuff that would affect it. I have sort of fallen out of that practice, but still enjoy my more natural shampoo and conditioner more. Just wanted to throw in my two cents on past experiences with Herbal Essences and say I recommend it to those looking into buying it. Make sure you get the conditioner as well. I used to love the little factoids they had the on the bottles....don't know if they do that anymore. lol :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by RacheyBabeyyy

I think this is a fantastic product . I have tried alot of herbal essences sahmpoos and this is by far one of the best ! It does not cause any build ups and makes my hair feel soft and smooth and light . It smells fantastic too ! i really recommend getting this

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by ZebraPrints

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried many different shampoos and always seem to fall back onto this one (along with the conditioner) Smells great, and makes my hair soft and shiny.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Snosand

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The shampoo is blue! I thought it was just the color of the container but the container is clear so the blue you see is the shampoo. I can't help but wonder if this might help with brassiness.
Anyways, my hair was suddenly brittle and rough. I had done a chemical treatment months ago that did not agree with my hair. I guess over time my hair lost moisture. I had been silicone free for years except for heat protection. Finally I gave in as silicone free products had really started to make my hair break more.

WOW! After just one use my hair was already looking great. With each use it just gets better. I use this weekly as a treatment to correct the dryness from using a chelating shampoo.
I have an oily scalp and I did not have any greasy hair issues as others have mentioned. Not even the next morning. It did add a little weight to my hair but not much. My wave was still intact around my face which is where it is the strongest.

The scent is coconut tropical but not overly strong like other Herbal Essences products. I can not handle scents.
I use this with the matching conditioner.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by jod84

This is a very average product for me. It smells really nice and leaves a nice shine however I don't find it very moisturising and my hair is still pretty knotty after using the hydration line but overall it's ok not the best or worst I've used